Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Some bookies are just so lazy and stupid.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 151 Guests

Some bookies are just so lazy and stupid.

This thread currently has 3,810 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
jock dock tower
October 18, 2019, 11:48am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
See the link below.

Last season Auchinleck Talbot had a record breaking run to the 5th round of the Scottish Cup, beating six teams to set up a tie at Hearts. No other Scottish non league club has ever done that.

One of the teams we beat on the way were Cove Rangers, who when we played them at their home ground had won all nine Highland League games there without conceding a goal. We came away with a 1-1 draw, and they were lucky to have another chance at us. They didn't do any better and exited the Scottish Cup having been beaten 2-1. They went on to get into the Scottish League at the end of the season beating Berwick Rangers very heavily over two legs, so they are a good team.

By one of those strange twists of fate that football throws up every so often we have got Cove Rangers again in the same round as last year, only this time we are at home. I was hoping of odds of between 2-1 and 3-1 to slap some some money on because I know what my team Auchinleck can do. Lo and behold, the Daily Record broke the story online on Wednesday that the bookies had us at 10-1 to win! Our Forums and Facebook pages were awash with where to get the odds, and Bet Victor was one so I opened an account there and trawled through the odds, only to find our game not listed. I went on their advice chatline to find out why and got a bland answer that the odds wouldn't be up until nearer the day of the game. I went back onto our Facebook page and Betfred were still doing them at 8-1 but everyone else was saying the same thing, the odds had been removed. I managed to get £25 on a couple of minutes before they too were removed. Most of the online bookies now have us at between 7-2 and 4-1.

So why are the bookies lazy and stupid? Because they don't do their homework, they see a team like Cove, who are now sat atop the second division away to a non league team so put the usual silly odds up. But, Auchinleck haven't lost a game in the Super League for over a year (we were runaway champions last season) have not lost in our major knockout cup competition, the Scottish Junior Cup since May 2017, and broke records getting to the fifth round of the cup last season. They've obviously had £thousands thrown at them in less than half an hour on Wednesday for them to remove the game altogether and then come back with vastly reduced odds. You really do think they'd have learnt their lesson from last year when they gave odds of 14-1 for us to beat top of the Championship side Ayr United. I came home £300 in pocket for my £20 bet.

Things like this don't happen very often, but the English bookies have shot themselves in the foot twice now with us. It wasn't until the Scottish bookie McBookies came out with their 7-2 odds that everyone realised what had happened. It'll be a tough game on Saturday, and we most definitely are not favourites, but am hopeful I'll be £225 better off at the end of 90 minutes.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/ayrshire/cove-rangers-heavy-favourites-auchinleck-20635651

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Hagrid
October 18, 2019, 11:54am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,987
Gold Stars: 507
I mean good luck but why on earth are you moaning about getting good odds!?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 18
Ipswin
October 18, 2019, 12:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Lazy possibly but stupid? I think not, do you know any poor bookies?

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 18
Northbank Mariner
October 18, 2019, 12:38pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,391
Gold Stars: 170
Quoted from Ipswin
Lazy possibly but stupid? I think not, do you know any poor bookies?

Yep, I do...my old man, he went bust as a bookie!!🤔😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 18
GrimRob
October 18, 2019, 12:51pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
I think bookies would say fans are by and large deluded and they look at every market objectively

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 4 - 18
Fishy clapper
October 18, 2019, 12:53pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +78
Gold Stars: 14
Yawn, why say 7 words when you can say 700
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 18
chaos33
October 18, 2019, 1:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
I don’t think they’re lazy or stupid. It’ll be a titchy market to them.
Sure they might have overpriced you a bit but Cove look strong and will probably win. Nailed on BTTS in my book.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 18
FishOutOfWater
October 18, 2019, 1:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Yep, I do...my old man, he went bust as a bookie!!🤔😂

You can bet that doesn't happen that often  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 7 - 18
Rodley Mariner
October 18, 2019, 4:06pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,215
Gold Stars: 176
Quoted from chaos33
I don’t think they’re lazy or stupid. It’ll be a titchy market to them.
Sure they might have overpriced you a bit but Cove look strong and will probably win. Nailed on BTTS in my book.

Exactly that. They're not stupid or lazy, they just focus their resources on the most important markets. Suspect more money will go on Liverpool vs Man Utd.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 18
Rik e B
October 18, 2019, 7:53pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Couldn't be bothered to read all that, but know of any bankers at good odds then be sure to let us know 👌👍
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 18
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Some bookies are just so lazy and stupid.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.