2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
fiveallive
October 17, 2019, 6:02am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 5
I remember him scoring a great goal against Mansfield where he looked to have something about him to be fair.

Shame for a career to be over at 23.

Now he can get himself a trade or football youth coaching.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 14
FishOutOfWater
October 17, 2019, 1:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from moosey_club
Just hope the lad has a plan b for his life. No age for anyone to have their career of choice taken away.

On the one hand I tend to agree Moosey as everything he probably dreamed of as a kid has come to a grinding halt  

On the other hand I think that at least he's "only 23" so the world to some extent is their for him to forge a career in some other field ( no pun intended )

I hope he gets his head around it and that the PFA have something in place for young lads who have to come to terms with shattered dreams

It will need him to look forward to the future and not backwards on what might have been....

I'd like to wish him all the very best for the future and to try and show the same commitment in another role as he's done with his football
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 11 - 14
Maringer
October 17, 2019, 2:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,382
Gold Stars: 184
You'd imagine he will have been earning enough to set himself up with a nice house all paid for. Lots of opportunities ahead if he can get over the disappointment and I expect that the PFA are quite helpful these days as well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 14
diehardmariner
October 17, 2019, 4:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,386
Gold Stars: 532
I too wasn't convinced until he scored his solo goal which seemed to transform him as a player, notably down to the increased confidence.

I thought him and Sam Jones looked a very good potential pairing, with Jones just operating off him in a slightly withdrawn role.  

Shame for the lad, real shame.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 14
AussieMariner
October 17, 2019, 4:49pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,072
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from diehardmariner
I too wasn't convinced until he scored his solo goal which seemed to transform him as a player, notably down to the increased confidence.

I thought him and Sam Jones looked a very good potential pairing, with Jones just operating off him in a slightly withdrawn role.  

Shame for the lad, real shame.

Now Jones was a strange one
At times looked real class but seemed to have an attitude problem
Having said that the way Slade handled him I reckon anyone would have had an attitude
I remember him being subbed at Morecambe and had a face like thunder as he came off - to be replaced I think by JJ Hooper just as he was starting to cause problems
Left us to follow Hurst into league 1 now at Harrogate.....

Sorry for Callum Dyson - was it him that got the penalty at Swindon that went a long way to keeping us up?

Modification- just checked and no, it was Cardwell
Still feel sorry for Dyson
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 14
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Callum Dyson

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.