Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Throwing objects on the pitch.
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 192 Guests

Throwing objects on the pitch.

This thread currently has 3,590 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Mrs Doyle
October 16, 2019, 6:08pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
See the club have been given a warning about two recent incidents at B.P. not good.

Remember seeing the Mansfield keeper handing something thrown at him yeah he was annoying but that sort of thing could land us a heavy fine or worse.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Gaffer58
October 16, 2019, 6:19pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,034
Gold Stars: 31
I afraid I must admit to being guilty of lobbing some very choice words at the referee the other week. I am now ashamed and would like to apologise to the gentleman in question. Although in hind sight he was an absolute knobhead.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 13
headingly_mariner
October 16, 2019, 7:03pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
Anyone else notice a different tone in that statement.
Non threatening and a request for help that explains the consequences for the club. Hard to argue with that approach for me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 13
moosey_club
October 16, 2019, 11:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Anyone else notice a different tone in that statement.
Non threatening and a request for help that explains the consequences for the club. Hard to argue with that approach for me.

Very friendly....can only assume JF and Nick Dale were completely unaware of this statement being released  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 13
GollyGTFC
October 17, 2019, 5:39am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,926
Gold Stars: 347
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
See the club have been given a warning about two recent incidents at B.P. not good.

Remember seeing the Mansfield keeper handing something thrown at him yeah he was annoying but that sort of thing could land us a heavy fine or worse.

From my vantage point it looked like either a Mars Bar or Snickers that was thrown towards Conrad Logan.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 4 - 13
October 17, 2019, 8:59am
Guest User
Not acceptable. This is what I thought I saw with Mansfield keeper though. There had been a break in play players received drinks or energy ? Pouches a Mansfield player threw his in their penalty area. Moments later keeper goes to the spot where this was discarded picks something up and  hands to the ref. Maybe coincidence and something else may well have landed near. In no way am I condoning such actions of throwing anything on the pitch.
Reply: 5 - 13
jock dock tower
October 17, 2019, 9:50am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Is it just me who fondly remembers the days at BP in the 60s and 70s when the ticker tape of toilet rolls descended onto the pitch at BP when a goal had been scored?

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 13
wuffing
October 17, 2019, 10:15am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.40
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +788
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from jock dock tower
Is it just me who fondly remembers the days at BP in the 60s and 70s when the ticker tape of toilet rolls descended onto the pitch at BP when a goal had been scored?

That was me too Jock. Also away games too. When the team came out for kick-off, my friends and I would release from our pockets thousands of cut up newspapers, a fab ticker-tape welcome. Ah, those were the days eh?

'I walked in the dressing room. The window was open and I thought that a sea fret had got in. Then I saw smoke billowing from a pipe in the corner of the room...it was my centre-forward. He looked seven stone wet through. He went on to score thirty-odd goals that season.' Lawrie McMenemy on encountering the legend that was Matt Tees.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 13
Ipswin
October 17, 2019, 10:22am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Bus ticket rolls were better than toilet rolls, they were much longer and went much further due to their weight. If you threw them wrong though they didn't unwind and were bloody hard if they hit anyone

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 13
FishOutOfWater
October 17, 2019, 1:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from GollyGTFC

From my vantage point it looked like either a Mars Bar or Snickers that was thrown towards Conrad Logan.

I can only surmise he got so upset then because it wasn't a multipack that was thrown?  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 9 - 13
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Throwing objects on the pitch.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.