6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
TownSNAFU5
October 5, 2019, 6:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,876
Gold Stars: 42
We are not consistent enough to be in the play-offs.   Neither are we bad enough, often enough, to be in trouble at the bottom.  We will continue to move around mid table.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 52
Gaffer58
October 5, 2019, 6:52pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
It appears to me that teams are targeting Wright for a bit of heavy tackling, he's getting kicked every week, obviously opposition are warned about his pace so there stopping him, trouble is down in division 4 the refs don't give him any protection.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 52
dicko995
October 5, 2019, 7:01pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: -259
Gold Stars: 21
Were do I begin, but I will keep it short. The team selection was perfect. Today, MJ reverted to what we had before. I agree its a work in progress, but I feel that we has a very strong fast action attacking team last week that had the blood in the veins, so why change? Weve began with the hoof ball to Hanson to lay off, but I have to admit that the speed attack really was an exciting thing to see, along with the midfield backing up. But, im not the manager, and don't get his wage, so I will still draw my state pension and spend it on watching my 60 year old to me, beloved club. And I still have my Boys Stand from Barrets flask with me, must be worth a fortune. But I would swap it any day for a fortress at my beloved park. Come on MJ, lets go for it, bring on the fast guys on the wings to cross to Hanson. I would love a Cummings and Cockerill in this game, were too readable at the moment, except for Exeter last week, we surprised them
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 52
FishOutOfWater
October 5, 2019, 7:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Gaffer58
It appears to me that teams are targeting Wright for a bit of heavy tackling, he's getting kicked every week, obviously opposition are warned about his pace so there stopping him, trouble is down in division 4 the refs don't give him any protection.

Agree Gaffer - my mate who sits next to me said he must be one of the most fouled players in our division

Mansfield knew very well if they kept on clattering in to him ( like Macclesfield did the other week too ) they’d either put him off his game or as in today, get him out of the action altogether

Their cheating tactics paid off well for them today..... twisting the knife by scoring in the “injury” time they’d brought about by their dubious antics

Don’t get me wrong we didn’t do enough to win but when they say cheats never prosper, Mansfield  proved that to be completely untrue today, aided and abetted by one of the most incompetent referees I have ever seen
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 13 - 52
Northbank Mariner
October 5, 2019, 7:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
I don't think I've ever seen such an incompetent referee at any match I've watched, including my 15 year olds Sunday league games...his incompetence not only ruined any chance we had but served to incite the crowd into a near frenzied state, the man should never be allowed to referee another game as long as I've got a hole in my posterior...
As for us, today we just couldn't get going, not helped by the 12 men of cheating Mansfield, but Macca needs to stop reverting to type and just lumping into Hanson, he needs to learn how to release the ball quicker rather than waiting for team to reset then firing straight up field....
Anyways, off to drink my Bacardi, watch crud on TV and look forward to a better result next weekend...UTM from the wrong side of the river..oh and I must apologise to Pete who got the wrath of my frustrations today...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 52
The Yard Dog
October 5, 2019, 8:46pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,469
Gold Stars: 74
I could never support a team that resorts to the tatics that Mansfield employed today, even if it resulted in a win.
When are we going to a get a ref, how has the balls and not give a free kick every time a player goes to ground, its a contact sport, or is it.
Their diving coach Tom Daley, must have been busy during this week training sessions.
I normal say fair play to a opposition that beats us, but not today.
I forgot that Mansfield once employed Evans, says it all about the club.

Another learning curve for MJ and the boys, lets put it right next week against Stevenage.

One last point, how Green was given a yellow card, for being pulled back by their player, was a joke.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 52
moosey_club
October 5, 2019, 9:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Referee -  from the off it was obvious he was going to be extremely fussy and whistle happy....the more the game went on his utter incompetence came to the fore. He was sh1t and apparently acknowledged his mistakes and apologised to Jolley after the game...little consolation.

Mansfield -  well have to say they had a plan, stuck to it and it won them the points. Defend, disrupt the game, waste time, gamesmanship and hope for something. After the first 20 mins they never looked troubled.  

Us - bright start, disallowed goal..looked offside to me at the time, Hanson wasted his one on one when i thought the keeper had gone out too early and given him plenty of opportunity to lob him but fell wide.  After that we just fell victim to the ref's and Mansfield's approach, giving them the opportunity to fall over by leaving our legs in shoving and giving the ref the opportunity to blow.
After they went down to ten men we never took advantage and looked clueless....i hold Jolley responsible for that, we still had a back four despite them sitting all the men behind the ball, we still brought all players back for corners and free kicks, hardly stretched them at all when in possession and they seemed to have so much more time and space when down to ten, picked up every second ball near enough.  

The more we laboured the more the eventual result looked likely, when Cook came on i thought it was set for him to score it...but what a delivery on that free kick.......how many free kicks and corners did we have in comparsion without anything like a dangerous ball in ?

Odd to hear Jolley and Macca saying the pitch was "slow" today which they felt didnt help..... but i thought we were at home and therefore in control of how wet or dry , short or long the grass is...FFS.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 52
chaos33
October 5, 2019, 9:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 357
The standard of officiating is just dog sh1t sometimes and it cost us today.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 52
jamesgtfc
October 5, 2019, 10:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,955
Gold Stars: 190
I didn't go but assume Pearce was tasked with the job of marking Hanson? If so, Hanson was never going to be at his best today.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 52
Maringer
October 5, 2019, 10:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,487
Gold Stars: 185
Hanson was effective earlier on but after about 30 minutes, they put 3 men on him when the ball was played long. Two to push, pull and nudge Hanson and the other to fall down clutching his face to insinuate he'd been elbowed. Needless to say, the referee saw nothing wrong with these shenanigans.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 52
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.