MuddyWaters
October 5, 2019, 5:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Where to start?

Appalling ref allowed niggly Mansfield to get away with countless shirt pulls, handballs after we had dominated for 20 minutes. For the second time this season, Matt Green tried too hard against a former team and robbed us of all the cohesion we had shown. Across the board we failed to step up and we got even worse against 10 men and our decision making both on and off the pitch was questionable.

Really poor day.
Private Message
bedders78
October 5, 2019, 5:39pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +834
Gold Stars: 12
What happened with Macca and Bishop at the end?

Grim Outlook exile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 52
sonofmadeleymariner
October 5, 2019, 5:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Where to start?

Matt Green tried too hard against a former team and robbed us of all the cohesion we had shown.

The more i watch Green the more I can see why he hasn't been in scoring form for a while, he either gets the ball with his back to goal and ends up wasting it/losing it or when he does finally get a ball he can run onto he gets no luck and its been over hit or like today he had a great ball played for him and it bounced backwards and past him as he was running onto it. Thats not to say he didn't have a very bad game this week.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 52
sonofmadeleymariner
October 5, 2019, 5:43pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from bedders78
What happened with Macca and Bishop at the end?

BIshop was giving it the big one tot the lower, shouting crap celebrating in front of them with Cook and Macca didn't like it and told him to intercourse off basically and shoved him away from our fans

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 52
mariner tommy
October 5, 2019, 5:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,870
Gold Stars: 12
Absolutely dire, we lost against one of the poorest sides I’ve seen here, the referee and linesman were an absolute disgrace and let Mansfield get away with blatant cheating.
Ogbu was clearly having an off day, as was Hanson missing a one on one chance, but even worse, our entire midfield couldn’t string anything together, Robson and Hess were terrible today. Roll on the next game at Stevenage because one thing is certain, we cannot play as bad as that again.

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 52
Yoda
October 5, 2019, 5:47pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,161
Gold Stars: 71
We have to learn lumping it up to Hanson just does not work.
The ref was poor but don’t let that mask over shocking performance.
Stevenage next a big game.!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 52
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
October 5, 2019, 5:50pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,689
Gold Stars: 72
Quoted from mariner tommy
Absolutely dire, we lost against one of the poorest sides I’ve seen here, the referee and linesman were an absolute disgrace and let Mansfield get away with blatant cheating.
Ogbu was clearly having an off day, but even worse, our entire midfield couldn’t string anything together, Robson and Hess were terrible today. Roll on the next game because one thing is certain, we cannot play as bad as that again.

Like I said in the match thread though, if ogbu played really well last week in a central role, and that was your game plan for this week too, why would you not try and stick with that, don't see why green couldn't be the one out wide or just bring someone else on instead
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 52
golfer
October 5, 2019, 6:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 115
Twaat Bishop was appealing for everything in the refs. face from the first minute. The ref, the players,the tactics,the manager were all fukindiabolical today. Dooesn't anybody at GTFC know how to play against 10 men ? We keep saying it's just a one off but how many times do we say this. They can't even read "Striker" for tactics because that's finished in the Sun.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 52
MarinerDevil
October 5, 2019, 6:12pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,739
Gold Stars: 80
I suspect much of the post-mortem will involve the referee's performance, but we deserved to lose today against pretty dreadful opposition.  Their low confidence was evident from minute one but we squandered good situations to capitalise on our early possession.  Robson and Hessenthaler were particularly off colour with set piece delivery.  

As soon as they went down to 10 it just seemed inevitable we were going to concede.  I swear Robson was the only one playing in midfield for the last 20 minutes.  Every second ball fell to a yellow shirt and they could counter with ease.

I actually felt sorry for the ref who clearly didn't know what he was doing.  Totally guessed on the majority of decisions and was incapable of managing a pretty dangerous confrontation between their GK and the Pontoon.  I suppose he made a turgid game slightly exciting at least.

I still think we've got a decent side and there's reason to be optimistic, but that result has voided the excellent performance last week.  Looking forward to Stevenage.

UTM
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 52
Madeleymariner
October 5, 2019, 6:14pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,050
Gold Stars: 49
Next Q is why did he change the lineup after we mullered Exeter last  week
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 52
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.