3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
LondonMariner43
October 2, 2019, 10:54am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,935
Gold Stars: 64
I didn’t realise until today that Mattie Pollock is the son of Jamie Pollock.  

Do we have some kind of record for the most footballing dynasties in one squad with Pollock, Hendrie, Hessenthaler, Buckley and Curran.  Anyone else?

We have had a few in the past like the Moores and Donovans but can’t remember 5 in the squad at once.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Paris Mariner
October 2, 2019, 11:14am
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Good question

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 1 - 20
livosnose
October 2, 2019, 11:22am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +1,159
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from LondonMariner43
I didn’t realise until today that Mattie Pollock is the son of Jamie Pollock.  

Do we have some kind of record for the most footballing dynasties in one squad with Pollock, Hendrie, Hessenthaler, Buckley and Curran.  Anyone else?

We have had a few in the past like the Moores and Donovans but can’t remember 5 in the squad at once.

Davis dad played for Burnley

[img][/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 20
bigdavemariner
October 2, 2019, 11:55am
UTM
Lower Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +395
Gold Stars: 4
Jamie Pollock can often be found sat in the main stand. Seems a nice bloke. Lets just say you wouldn't have him pegged as an ex prem footballer these days.

Often see alot of family members in and around the main stand. Last year Mitch Rose's brother Danny Rose was at the Forest Green game. Matt Green's brother (not well known in any way) is often at the ground and they look so alike it's scary.

Our season tickets are sat next to Harry Clifton's mum and grandad. Seeing them both emotional the night Harry scored his first senior goal was lovely. End of last season his mum says to my 10 yr old lad, would you like a pair of Harry's boots. Turns out Harry was wearing new boots so couldn't give them away. She took my number and said she'd sort something for Finlay. Didn't expect to hear any more, but a week or so later, get a text asking to pop round their house that evening. Knock on the door, Harry Clifton stood there with a pair of his signed boots for Finlay (actually the boots he wore when he scored). Had a nice chat with him and he seems a really sound lad. He remembered us when we saw him at the family fun day and had a chat with Finlay.

Sorry for the random story, but thought it was a nice touch and my lad was absolutely made up.

Gary Lump Lump Lump!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 20
Jarmo.Is.God
October 2, 2019, 12:09pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from bigdavemariner
Jamie Pollock can often be found sat in the main stand. Seems a nice bloke. Lets just say you wouldn't have him pegged as an ex prem footballer these days.

Often see alot of family members in and around the main stand. Last year Mitch Rose's brother Danny Rose was at the Forest Green game. Matt Green's brother (not well known in any way) is often at the ground and they look so alike it's scary.

Our season tickets are sat next to Harry Clifton's mum and grandad. Seeing them both emotional the night Harry scored his first senior goal was lovely. End of last season his mum says to my 10 yr old lad, would you like a pair of Harry's boots. Turns out Harry was wearing new boots so couldn't give them away. She took my number and said she'd sort something for Finlay. Didn't expect to hear any more, but a week or so later, get a text asking to pop round their house that evening. Knock on the door, Harry Clifton stood there with a pair of his signed boots for Finlay (actually the boots he wore when he scored). Had a nice chat with him and he seems a really sound lad. He remembered us when we saw him at the family fun day and had a chat with Finlay.

Sorry for the random story, but thought it was a nice touch and my lad was absolutely made up.

Love stories like that, it makes you appreciate being a lower league fan
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 20
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
October 2, 2019, 12:41pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
I can’t remember us having 5 before . We had four I can think of straightaway with the Moore, Donovan, Cockerill and Bloomer families. Not sure off the top of my head how many were in a squad at the same time though.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 20
The_Laughing_Mariner
October 2, 2019, 1:00pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,041
Gold Stars: 10
Futchers

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 20
AdamHaddock
October 2, 2019, 1:16pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +36 / -5
Approval: +2,801
Gold Stars: 25
Did that Lukic kid ever make an appearance for us?

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 20
Abdul19
October 2, 2019, 1:44pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,515
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from AdamHaddock
Did that Lukic kid ever make an appearance for us?

Nope (so bad we brought a keeper in on trial to play pre-season friendlies)

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 20
jock dock tower
October 2, 2019, 2:23pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
There was also the Worthington dynasty, Dave at Town, Bob at Notts County and Frank at Leicester, and dozens of other clubs of course. Dave's son Gary played a couple of hundred lower league games and scored 50 plus goals. Worthington E was a staple of mine in my youth as well!

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 20
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Football families

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.