Reply: 20 - 30
KingstonMariner
October 3, 2019, 8:39pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.13
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
The other point about not liking MPs who think they know better than the voters Rik, is on balance I'd say they do know btter than the average voter. It's their full time job. Think what you like about their alleged mendacity or otherwise (and they're not all corrupt), they are generally intelligent, well educated people who have a better than average understanding of how business and economies work.

They're representatives not delegates. Elected on the basis of their ability to judge and make decisions on our behalf. Remember the Exit campaign aim of 'returning sovereignty to Parliament'. This is what it means. In my opinion we have a less than satisfactory electoral system and a dire need for a new constitution, but this is the system we have. This is the Parliament that people supposedly wanted back in the driving seat. They've got what they wanted. To use that well used favourite phrase of Brexiteers: Suck it up!

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 30
Rik e B
October 8, 2019, 5:27am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
So you take the Edward Burke 1774 view then Kingston?

Quoted Text
Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays instead of serving you if he sacrifices it to your opinion.

Smacks of elitism, there's plenty of great minds amongst the 17.4 million who will happily take up booted Remainer MP's seats once the people have their say. These high and mighty MP's will one uday have to seek re-election -the present zombie parliament are dead men walking and they know it.

That blasted thing they call democracy ey? You know, one man one vote, rich or poor, all equal 🙄.

The people are sovereign who delegate to a sovereign parliament (sovereign because it is derived from the sovereignity of the people). Through Brexit we take back control of our laws, money, borders etc. Unlike the unelected EU (the EU Parliament is just for show, the unelected pull the strings from upstairs in shady backroom deals, no doubt under instruction from Goldman Sachs and the likes. And in any case an EU vote is miniscule compared to UK vote), we the people decide when it comes to an Election whether our elected MP's are exercising our democracy in the way we want. If not we kick them out of power.

But our Remain MP's have misled the public bit by bit handing more power over to Brussels through treaties and such, denying Parliament crucial votes or even debates on such important matters only for us to be told later it doesn't matter as the law now states the EU holds the power so it doesn't make any difference we can't amend or whatnot as the ECJ etc hold final sway.

We entered into a Common Market and have tip-toed close to a Federalist Empire (they now openly preaching about this and yes the 'never gonna happen' EU Army as they near their end game) without ever being asked if it what we really want.

Yes I agree the system and even the Constitution is less that satisfactory, especially when you have a Remain activist Speaker and then of course the judiciary getting political also.

Just give us an Election or watch them be wiped out, but they know that, that's why we have the extraordinary situation of the leader of the opposition turning down the chance to take on the Government! They all promised to get us out, I'm sure they know the voters will be keen to prove their dissatisfaction. Not so sovereign then as they kicked to the curb and replaced!

Im sorry I struggle to keep up tapping away on my little phone responses and have neither to time or the inclination most of the time as for one both sides become entrenched and there is no getting anywhere and these political rankings get me so wound up inside, Brexit fatigue, whatever you want to call, it ruins my inner peace (was getting into Spiritual matters before all this Liberal internationalisation globalist push started pressing forward at a rapid pace. What, a spiritus Brexiteers, surely not they all racist neanderthals right?)

But quickly on one of the other points why was The Withdrawal Agreement voted down? Well if you read it, or at least detailed summarys you'd know it an absolute abomination unsatisfactory for Remainers and despicable in the eyes of Leavers. In a nutshell it would leave us as a vassal state in a de facto Customs Union - we'd be better of staying!

But that doesn't mean it proves Brexit a disastrous idea, just that our Remain plotting Government done everything underhand it possibly can to keep us in in all but name. Treason May and Co. have fastracked our integration, not cooperation, integration, into the EU army plan making more progress in weeks than has been done in a decade whereby we will be handing control of all our military, our nukes everything to the unelected EU Commission to do with whatever is in their interests with us having no say, no veto.

At least no we got a veto!

Right that's all for now folks, I could counter all your points, as I'm sure you could again mine, but stuff to do!

I'll leave you with this, forget the backstop it's a smokescreen, the loss of our military with no way back for any Prime Minister, ever, come November 1st is of grave concern, just one (big) reason why the Withdrawal Agreement and Political Declaration is a disaster

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.brugesgroup.com/blog/the-european-army%3fformat=amp

And if you have a bit more stomach for reading

http://veteransforbritain.uk/a.....integration-schemes/

Oh and Chaos, I think it was, I just quickly pulled up a few bits, like I say could spend forever claiming and counterclaim ING. But the Vote Leave lies, is that the ones who were cleared of any and all wrongdoing? 350 mil for NHS, well we pay the EU 1 billion a month so we'd have that to play with. I don't profess to having delved into all the facts and figures on this so you'll probably pull me up on this one I just know we put a hell of a lot in compared to what we get out. As much as the 18 smallest members in fact. (did I already say that? 🤔)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 30
arryarryarry
October 14, 2019, 12:15am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,925
Gold Stars: 112
Quoted from gtfc98
People who shout for Brexit from any other background than the aristocracy are quite frankly brain dead morons. Look at the type of people who champion it; Rees-Mogg, Farage, Johnson, Banks, Odey, Trump. You've lost your minds if you think this is about anything other than already rich pieces of excrement making themselves even richer by shorting the pound with their hedge funds. Wake the intercourse up people!

I would love you to take a walk through my little Town that voted nearly 70 to 30 to leave the EU because in the main it is overrun by EU migrants with their wives and young children and knock on a few doors in any of the many terraced streets and call them brain dead morons you would get the excrement kicked out of you.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 30
louth_in_the_south
October 16, 2019, 6:11am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +22 / -12
Approval: +5,529
Gold Stars: 94
Oh well if nothing else positive comes out of brexit it’s given a few frustrated ex politics students the chance to regurgitate their 3 years well spent at university on the rest of us poor fookers

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 30
Marinerz93
October 16, 2019, 9:00pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from gtfc98
People who shout for Brexit from any other background than the aristocracy are quite frankly brain dead morons. Look at the type of people who champion it; Rees-Mogg, Farage, Johnson, Banks, Odey, Trump. You've lost your minds if you think this is about anything other than already rich pieces of excrement making themselves even richer by shorting the pound with their hedge funds. Wake the intercourse up people!

Quoted from arryarryarry

I would love you to take a walk through my little Town that voted nearly 70 to 30 to leave the EU because in the main it is overrun by EU migrants with their wives and young children and knock on a few doors in any of the many terraced streets and call them brain dead morons you would get the excrement kicked out of you.

They wouldn't get anywhere near gtfc98, with dance moves like this

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 30
monkeyboy
October 22, 2019, 8:07am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -174
Gold Stars: 26
Its was a once in a lifetime vote you know, remember the one with no mention of a deal to vote for as well.
BUT apparently im brain dead and thick because i voted leave believing it the right thing to do, to be fair im even more leave now than ever.
Those massively educated Remain voters are obviously trying to save us from ourselves because we didn't know what we was voting for being so brain dead.

Oh well we have an amazing remain deal now that guarantees our Fishing waters away where if we wanted defend the trawlers with using the navy we would have to ask our parents in Brussels if that is ok.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 30
Maringer
October 22, 2019, 11:08am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -11
Approval: +16,070
Gold Stars: 175
One of the odd aspects of the 'no deal' Brexit beloved of Johnson and his ERG backers is that it would pretty much finish off what is left of our fishing industry.

We don't have enough vets to sign off on the paperwork for the export of our fish to customers in the EU which will create some delays (and how many vets are going to be happy to be in the fish markets in the early hours?) and the ensuing queues at the border would lead to a great amount of spoilage.

If the UK fishing industry is going to do well in the future, it is imperative that we have as close a relationship as possible with our main customers which are basically EU countries plus a few in the EFTA. This is something that Johnson and his 'deal' (which is actually worse than the one May negotiated) are keen to avoid - they plan to diverge from EU rules and regulations much further.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 30
monkeyboy
October 22, 2019, 2:14pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -174
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from Maringer
One of the odd aspects of the 'no deal' Brexit beloved of Johnson and his ERG backers is that it would pretty much finish off what is left of our fishing industry.

We don't have enough vets to sign off on the paperwork for the export of our fish to customers in the EU which will create some delays (and how many vets are going to be happy to be in the fish markets in the early hours?) and the ensuing queues at the border would lead to a great amount of spoilage.

If the UK fishing industry is going to do well in the future, it is imperative that we have as close a relationship as possible with our main customers which are basically EU countries plus a few in the EFTA. This is something that Johnson and his 'deal' (which is actually worse than the one May negotiated) are keen to avoid - they plan to diverge from EU rules and regulations much further.

Cobblers! I work at at a decent level in the industry, we as a business in which is one of the largest in the UK  export very little Fish to the EU, the main brunt of business of our export goes to the far east.
As for most of the stuff that does go to the continent is mainly Fish we dont eat as Brits.

Point is that we want our own waters so we can harvest our own fish as Iceland does, Remember Iceland who are not in the EU and who ar one of the biggest exporters of Fish?
Once we control our own waters we will have to invest in a new fishing fleet NOT sell our quota to the super trawlers owned by the Dutch, French and Spanish who continually rape our waters and coastline.
Most of the fish for export to the European continent is caught in our waters by boats not from our waters so is a travesty.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 30
Maringer
October 22, 2019, 4:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -11
Approval: +16,070
Gold Stars: 175
Just repeating reports I've read elsewhere:

https://www.undercurrentnews.c.....od-exports-go-to-eu/

We import most of the seafood which we eat:

https://www.seafish.org/article/import-and-export

It would be nice if we did our own fishing instead of just selling quotas but I don't think it likely that anything much will change. The wealthy who have bought up the current quotas (mainly British-owned as well) are the ones with access to the boats and the expertise and manpower so will be the ones continuing to do the fishing. The skippers sold off the quotas once, why wouldn't they do it again?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 30
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › FGR owner wants to jail Boris

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.