Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Sunderland away..............
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 135 Guests

Sunderland away..............

This thread currently has 5,702 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Bedlington_mariner
October 1, 2019, 1:12pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +53
Is anyone going..........I am 30 mins north of Sunderland and its probably the closest game for me all season..... but don't want to be the only 1 who has defied a boycott
Logged Offline
Private Message
The Yard Dog
October 1, 2019, 1:21pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,443
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from Bedlington_mariner
Is anyone going..........I am 30 mins north of Sunderland and its probably the closest game for me all season..... but don't want to be the only 1 who has defied a boycott

You do what you feel is right for you.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 26
FishOutOfWater
October 1, 2019, 1:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Feel a bit torn about this..  

Would love to see the Mariners play at the Stadium of Light but will not be going while this competition is enabling the Premier League doctrine to be realised

#BTeamBoycott
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 2 - 26
pizzzza
October 1, 2019, 1:51pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,657
Gold Stars: 135
Quoted from Bedlington_mariner

I very much doubt that the future of this competition will be determined by whether one extra person attends a game or not. So take the opportunity to go see Town if you like, especially with it being so close to where you live.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 26
Rik e B
October 1, 2019, 1:56pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
I most certainly am not. Been to Stadium of Light loads of times anyway when we were half decent.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 26
Maringer
October 1, 2019, 2:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
Quoted from FishOutOfWater
Would love to see the Mariners play at the Stadium of Light

Been there, done that. Kevin Ball kicked the living crap out of our players with impunity and it was one of the most one-sided refereeing performances I've seen. We lost the game, but I seem to recall Buckley mentioning in his after-match interview that he was proud how his players had performed against the 14 men of Sunderland (and he wasn't talking about subs!).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 26
wuffing
October 1, 2019, 2:08pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.40
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +788
Gold Stars: 35
The less the better

'I walked in the dressing room. The window was open and I thought that a sea fret had got in. Then I saw smoke billowing from a pipe in the corner of the room...it was my centre-forward. He looked seven stone wet through. He went on to score thirty-odd goals that season.' Lawrie McMenemy on encountering the legend that was Matt Tees.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 26
FishOutOfWater
October 1, 2019, 2:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Maringer

Been there, done that. Kevin Ball kicked the living crap out of our players with impunity and it was one of the most one-sided refereeing performances I've seen. We lost the game, but I seem to recall Buckley mentioning in his after-match interview that he was proud how his players had performed against the 14 men of Sunderland (and he wasn't talking about subs!).

Looks like we only ever had two games there? Stadium of Light opened for the 1997-98 season according to Wiki ( amongst others )

https://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=1148&team2_id=2493&teamTabs=h2h

I was down south with a young family back then... now I'm an "empty nester" I could go and do it, no problem at all, but it won't be while we are in this competition. It just ain't the right thing to do
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 7 - 26
Maringer
October 1, 2019, 2:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
It would have been the 1998 game. I seem to recall that their first goal came from a corner when we were down to ten men. Livvo, one of our best aerial defenders, got taken out knee high clearing a ball in the box which the referee ignored/missed and was off the pitch after having treatment when they scored from the subsequent corner.

Funny the things you remember. Gulp, can't believe it was over 20 years ago!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 26
speedy
October 1, 2019, 3:05pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +10 / -10
Approval: +445
Quoted from pizzzza

I very much doubt that the future of this competition will be determined by whether one extra person attends a game or not. So take the opportunity to go see Town if you like, especially with it being so close to where you live.

And if everyfan thought like this then the games would have decent attendances and not be a failure.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 26
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Sunderland away..............

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.