Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › They'll try anything!
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 146 Guests

They'll try anything!

This thread currently has 3,740 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
lukeo
October 1, 2019, 12:20pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,304
Gold Stars: 133
Sunderland away is £3 for adults if you buy in advance. They're clearly doing all they can to get people to support this competition..

Please do not be tempted just because of the low pricing.
But please don't see this as me trying to bully you out of going
Logged Offline
Private Message
Heisenberg
October 1, 2019, 12:38pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,813
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from lukeo
Sunderland away is £3 for adults if you buy in advance. They're clearly doing all they can to get people to support this competition..

Please do not be tempted just because of the low pricing.
But please don't see this as me trying to bully you out of going

I really, really hope the clubs speak out about the format of this competition when they meet at their annual EFL shindig, it's beyond a joke now.  It was a competition that we all quite liked in it's old format, and of course getting to 2 finals over the years increases that fondness, but Town fans literally have ZERO interest in this right now because of the ridiculous U-21 thing, and it's such a shame.

How would we go about getting Fenty to tell us exactly what the club's stance on it will be in the coming summer, and would he actually inform us if we asked?  Will it even be on the agenda of the meeting?  It's probably a topic they're hoping goes away with time, but we can't let that happen.

It's mad that we've drawn Scunny at home and Sunderland away, yet we can't (and shouldn't) attend!  It's a crying shame that we've been deprived of those two proper fixtures.  If the U-21's were kicked out, we'd probably take 1,000 or so, maybe even much more, to the Stadium of Light, but alas......

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 18
marinerdazza
October 1, 2019, 1:11pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,593
Gold Stars: 80
I don't support u21 teams being in the competition and I won't be going. But frankly, this competition has always been on its árse until the semi finals.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 18
arryarryarry
October 1, 2019, 1:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Heisenberg

I really, really hope the clubs speak out about the format of this competition when they meet at their annual EFL shindig, it's beyond a joke now.  It was a competition that we all quite liked in it's old format, and of course getting to 2 finals over the years increases that fondness, but Town fans literally have ZERO interest in this right now because of the ridiculous U-21 thing, and it's such a shame.

How would we go about getting Fenty to tell us exactly what the club's stance on it will be in the coming summer, and would he actually inform us if we asked?  Will it even be on the agenda of the meeting?  It's probably a topic they're hoping goes away with time, but we can't let that happen.

It's mad that we've drawn Scunny at home and Sunderland away, yet we can't (and shouldn't) attend!  It's a crying shame that we've been deprived of those two proper fixtures.  If the U-21's were kicked out, we'd probably take 1,000 or so, maybe even much more, to the Stadium of Light, but alas......

Even if there were no U21s, at this stage of the competition I think you are being a tad optimistic.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 18
FishOutOfWater
October 1, 2019, 1:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from arryarryarry

Even if there were no U21s, at this stage of the competition I think you are being a tad optimistic.

Maybe that is a bit over optimistic but I know if it wasn't for the format of this competition, I'd definitely be one of those who would go.... there must be lots who would, several hundred I'd estimate

#BTeamBoycott

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 4 - 18
wiggers
October 1, 2019, 1:54pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: +460
Gold Stars: 11
We just have to keep voting with our feet. Very few people like this format, why it continues in this way I have no idea. It’s about time fans were listened to. Need to keep boycotting. UTM’s
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 18
wuffing
October 1, 2019, 2:10pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.40
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +788
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from wiggers
We just have to keep voting with our feet. Very few people like this format, why it continues in this way I have no idea. It’s about time fans were listened to. Need to keep boycotting. UTM’s

Here Here

'I walked in the dressing room. The window was open and I thought that a sea fret had got in. Then I saw smoke billowing from a pipe in the corner of the room...it was my centre-forward. He looked seven stone wet through. He went on to score thirty-odd goals that season.' Lawrie McMenemy on encountering the legend that was Matt Tees.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 18
immariner
October 1, 2019, 2:56pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,387
Gold Stars: 59
Regional knock out format until the quarters/semis with invitational teams from the conference. Not that difficult I don't think to add some interest
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 18
arryarryarry
October 1, 2019, 4:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from immariner
Regional knock out format until the quarters/semis with invitational teams from the conference. Not that difficult I don't think to add some interest

Didn't they allow Conference teams in before we were relegated and we go knocked out at home by Morecambe or did I dream that?
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 18
FishOutOfWater
October 1, 2019, 5:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from arryarryarry

Didn't they allow Conference teams in before we were relegated and we go knocked out at home by Morecambe or did I dream that?

Not a dream 'Arry

I remember the time when conference sides were in this competition and that Morecambe won but I didn't know it was on penalties  

https://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=1148&team2_id=1732&teamTabs=h2h
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 9 - 18
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › They'll try anything!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.