Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 355 Guests

Exeters 1931 fund

This thread currently has 3,600 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
October 1, 2019, 7:24pm
Guest User
Quoted from ska face
Please, I beg you, stop searching for ways to bleed more money out of the fans.

Is it too much to ask just to be able to turn up to a match, pay your ticket money, be mildly entertained and then go home?

Disagree. Lower league football finances are copulated. More clubs will go the same way as bury.

To survive, clubs will have to try and get funds in as many different ways as they can.

I don't think this scheme is aimed at the fans that regularly  attend games. But we have loads of exiles which are unable to attend that many games. This would be a way of them still being able to support the club financially.
Reply: 10 - 16
KingstonMariner
October 1, 2019, 11:43pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from fleabag1970

Because all these Go Fund me things are boring everyone to death . I'm assuming these people that throw their money around like confetti either are very rich or they don't have to earn it ?

Well at least you've bothered to comment why. Disagree with you. It might be boring you to death, but not everyone.

Also the second comment about people 'throwing' their money around is wide of the mark. Some people might be earning decent money but choose to spend it in a different way. They might not have, pay TV, or a house full of computer games, or a car, or spend it down the boozer, or gamble.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 16
KingstonMariner
October 1, 2019, 11:45pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from ska face
Please, I beg you, stop searching for ways to bleed more money out of the fans.

Is it too much to ask just to be able to turn up to a match, pay your ticket money, be mildly entertained and then go home?

No one is forcing you to do anything. What's your problem?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 16
moosey_club
October 2, 2019, 3:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,141
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from 3610
Noticed on exeters website that their right back was last seasons fan funded signing through their 1931 fund.  The fans pay a direct debit each month which funds or part funds a players wages for the year. This player wears a certain squad number.

Ignoring what a certain individual thought- Operation promotion was incredible. We raised a ridiculous amount of cash in such a short time. I doubt this could be repeated, especially every year,  as that was some commitment by all involved in organising it.

How about the trust setting up a direct debit pay for  a player fund?

I don't have a clue how much a player earns. But I'm sure with our fan base we could raise the funds?

Exeters direct debit is quite a lot at 19 quid a month. I reckon it should be an open number. 5000 one pounds add up!

Have the trust discussed this idea before?

Just how much do you think that would raise though ?    

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 16
October 2, 2019, 4:23pm
Guest User
Quoted from moosey_club

Just how much do you think that would raise though ?    

I suggested an open number. If you can't afford much  but wanted to contribute  chucking in 12 quid a year still would add up. Some exiles working in the city, who can't go to games  maybe able to afford the equivalent to A season ticket worth. Who knows. It most probably won't happen but thought it was worth asking the trust at least.
Reply: 14 - 16
ska face
October 2, 2019, 5:07pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,336
Gold Stars: 820
Quoted from KingstonMariner

No one is forcing you to do anything. What's your problem?

For one it encourages the club to become lazy and reliant on these kind of funding streams rather than seeking out more sustainable sources of income, and I also object to having the constant guilt trip put on me when I, or anyone who pays their ticket money or buys a shirt or a pie, is already doing their fair share to support the club’s finances.

This isn’t Exeter - fan owned and fan run. We are a PLC run for the benefit of shareholders, some of which are taking £200k a year out of the club with one hand and shaking the begging cap with the other.

We’ve covered this a million times so it’s pointless going over old ground, but I’m loathe to go scratching around for more coppers to put towards a youth-team scratch card or stair lift for disabled fans when there are people at the club p1ssing money up the wall.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 16
fleabag1970
October 2, 2019, 8:39pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
Go Fund yourselves a life instead

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 16
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Exeters 1931 fund

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.