Dilemma

This thread currently has 7,911 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
BobbyCummingsTackle
February 12, 2020, 8:30pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,193
Gold Stars: 291
Quoted from jonnyboy82
So do with we go with the same side on Saturday or hanson and green come back in?

Tough call but its hard to change a winning side but also hanson is our 1st choice striker and Green I suppose wasnt bought into go on the bench.

Thought's?

My thought is that thoughts is plural and therefore does not have an apostrophe.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 29
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
February 12, 2020, 9:35pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +827
Gold Stars: 117
One of the best things Ollie has done is given some of the new boys contracts only until the end of the season. No worries about if they fail to fit in or fail to perform. It's up to those players to do something special to prove to Ollie that they deserve a place in the squad.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 29
KingstonMariner
February 12, 2020, 11:49pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218

My thought is that thoughts is plural and therefore does not have an apostrophe.

But Bobby Cummings Tackle [sic] should have one.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 29
diehardmariner
February 13, 2020, 10:55am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,406
Gold Stars: 532
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Yes good calls Jarmo.Is.God and Bigdog.   Going against the tide of opinion.

There are plenty of talented players that don’t make it.  Really good that Ollie has got the very best out of Vernam.  Especially as he had stamina issues and had a history of playing an average of only about 20 mins a game - when he did get a game.

You can’t keep a good player down.  All this from playing for Chorley recently.  

Whereas now he looks one of, if not the, fittest players on the pitch.  Still full of running and going past people like they're not there very late on in games.  Don't want to hark back to previous regimes but something must be different in the training set-up since Jolley left.  That transformation doesn't happen by fluke.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 29
toontown
February 13, 2020, 12:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,248
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from diehardmariner

Whereas now he looks one of, if not the, fittest players on the pitch.  Still full of running and going past people like they're not there very late on in games.  Don't want to hark back to previous regimes but something must be different in the training set-up since Jolley left.  That transformation doesn't happen by fluke.

More left in the tank as fewer tracking back and marking duties when town have the ball?!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 29
diehardmariner
February 13, 2020, 1:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,406
Gold Stars: 532
Yet that was one of his biggest criticism's under Jolley.  I think it's fair to say that Jolley didn't trust him when it came to defensive duties.  In fairness to Jolley it was often a fair point as Vernam had left his full-back exposed on a few occasions, often costing us goals.   Now he looks after his full-back a lot more, does far more of the dirty work and is more than willing to get stuck in.

Could be a combination of staying fit, confidence, feeling loved, better training....whatever it is, it's working and long may it continue.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 29
FishOutOfWater
February 13, 2020, 1:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from diehardmariner

Missing a lot of the pre-season probably meant he was lagging behind a lot of the squad in terms of match fitness

Going to Chorley and getting regular game time maybe he's just now getting to grips with any past stamina ( and other injury ) issues

Whatever happened prior to him going out to Chorley and what he's now delivering can't really be compared - I'm just glad he's back and has found his mojo!  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 26 - 29
Northbank Mariner
February 17, 2020, 2:07pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
After hearing Hessenthailer on Humberside last Saturday and knowing he's not far off a return, where does he fit in into this new found style of football we are playing?.
One of, if not the, most consistent players until his horror challenge yet since his omission we've gone on a 5 game invested run..
Dilemma to me is the only player I could him getting in front of is Whitehouse, who's been an absolute revelation since Holloway has gotten beady hands on him...
Glad I'm paid to inspect pressure systems rather than pick a football team..nice problems for Ollie tho I suppose..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 29
February 17, 2020, 6:36pm
Guest User
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
After hearing Hessenthailer on Humberside last Saturday and knowing he's not far off a return, where does he fit in into this new found style of football we are playing?.
One of, if not the, most consistent players until his horror challenge yet since his omission we've gone on a 5 game invested run..
Dilemma to me is the only player I could him getting in front of is Whitehouse, who's been an absolute revelation since Holloway has gotten beady hands on him...
Glad I'm paid to inspect pressure systems rather than pick a football team..nice problems for Ollie tho I suppose..

Think you've expressed it all very well.

Not so much a dilemma, more a nice problem for the manager.

Ollie's dealt with this situation, maybe 50+ times in his career?

I'm stressing less than you, Northbank.
Reply: 28 - 29
acko338
February 17, 2020, 7:44pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,225
Gold Stars: 33
All good for a high level of competition for places !

Players fighting to get back into contention provides a great strength bench for Ollie to utilise ! !

They will all need to keep.impressing, or there's no ice cream !!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 29
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dilemma

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.