Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back...
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 358 Guests

Just back...

This thread currently has 15,928 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
BackHeelTony
September 29, 2019, 12:34am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +325
Gold Stars: 1
Very interesting to hear in Jolley's post match interview that he prioritised today's game over the Chelsea game this week and this was reflected in his team selection.

He mentioned he's had it in mind for a while to go for pace up front against Exeter, as he thought they'd struggle to cope.

Hats off to a top gaffer
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 58
Malta_Mariner_90
September 29, 2019, 5:39am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +796
Quoted from BackHeelTony
Very interesting to hear in Jolley's post match interview that he prioritised today's game over the Chelsea game this week and this was reflected in his team selection.

Well he would say that after a 7-1 defeat wouldn't he  

Seriously though now he was given himself a very big decision for the next game against Mansfield. Stick or twist. Not sure at this stage he is ready to tear up his original plans at the start of the season using Hanson and Green as the main forwards.

I guess we will find out next weekend.

UTM.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 58
lukeo
September 29, 2019, 7:30am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 145
Didn't go to the game yesterday but from what I've seen i personally would stick with the same style and formation but have green and hanson on for Ogbu and Rose
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 58
gtfckyle
September 29, 2019, 7:36am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +25
Quoted from lukeo
Didn't go to the game yesterday but from what I've seen i personally would stick with the same style and formation but have green and hanson on for Ogbu and Rose

Same, thought Hanson showed he can play that style when he came on. Was running the channels, holding it up, little lay offs and still won plenty of headers when he had too. Not the same pace as Mosses but better all rounder.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 58
Mrs Doyle
September 29, 2019, 7:50am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
What is great is M.J. now as a PLAN B That as just beaten the best team in the division with some ease on their own patch.

The bloody pace to kill most teams off we certainly are looking a complete squad now.

We are in a great position in the league although Max Wright is fast becoming a rising star Akheem has the same pace if not more and skill if he gets a good run will prove it.

Cookie had a good game yesterday and Ogbu was on form even Whithouse pushed up with Hanson second half..

Last home game when Whitehouse was taken off the lad was fuming good to see such passion, he missed a full season last year and clearly relishes every minute on the field.

Add to that  the excellent Green we seem to have plenty of options up front and Vernon who I think is quality is finding it hard even to get in Midfield.

Great problems to have for M.J. and co. job now is to keep everyone happy lol.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 58
KingstonMariner
September 29, 2019, 8:53am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
What is great is M.J. now as a PLAN B That as just beaten the best team in the division with some ease on their own patch.

The bloody pace to kill most teams off we certainly are looking a complete squad now.

We are in a great position in the league although Max Wright is fast becoming a rising star Akheem has the same pace if not more and skill if he gets a good run will prove it.

Cookie had a good game yesterday and Ogbu was on form even Whithouse pushed up with Hanson second half..

Last home game when Whitehouse was taken off the lad was fuming good to see such passion, he missed a full season last year and clearly relishes every minute on the field.

Add to that  the excellent Green we seem to have plenty of options up front and Vernon who I think is quality is finding it hard even to get in Midfield.

We’ve got options to radically change the plan from game to game. That’s definitely progress. The trick is knowing which will work best against which team. The next stage of development will be to have a match day squad which is capable of changing the approach in a game.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 58
monkeyboy
September 29, 2019, 10:59am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
Best change he made was Robson in place of Whitehouse. really helped the football we played as he kept the ball and used it well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 58
rancido
September 29, 2019, 11:04am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Those flipping Mind badges don’t stay upright! Pins below the centre of gravity.

If we think we have problems because of our location, Exeter must be at least as bad. Maybe Plymouth is a bit worse. So they’ve worked hard to make it attractive. Also owned by the fans - many hands make light work.

Did they have floodlight problems?

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 58
rancido
September 29, 2019, 11:14am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Mrs Doyle

MJ is still learning his craft and each game will give him a better insight on how individuals perform in match conditions and in varying positions. Football is very much a squad game especially when you have a small squad and at League 2 level. I'm sure that once MJ finds the best playing positions to counteract  the opposition then we could easily see several plans accordingly. It's very comforting to have the likes of Hanson on the bench ( not that he isn't good enough to start ) so we can add a different dimension to our play as opposed to bringing on a like-for-like substitution.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 58
mimma
September 29, 2019, 1:10pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,564
Gold Stars: 78
We've been saying for a while now how teams have seen us play and set up accordingly to counter Hanson and Green.

Now we suddenly have a completely different style of playing.

Opposition managers don't know which style we are going with so will have to edge their bets when trying to outguess Jolley.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 58
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.