2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Kris2
September 26, 2019, 2:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,628
Gold Stars: 136
One thing you can say about Lampard and Jolley, they are quite similar young managers although with different routes to the game. They are both willing to give young players a chance to prove themselves and put a lot into nurturing that talent. There is a huge gulf in the amount of resources afforded to them but I commend them for looking to build a young team led by seasoned pros they can learn from.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 14
Swansea_Mariner
September 26, 2019, 4:56pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,431
Gold Stars: 63
It's far more than David and Goliath, I mean they had a player they paid 58m for playing and several full internationals. Squad numbers off the bench in the 50s and 60s!

I enjoyed everything  except the first 5m and the last 10. In between we competed well, it don't matter how fit you are when a team can make almost 700 passes at speed and have an 87% completion rate, no wonder they was out on their feet towards the end.

I can't wait for our next cup run!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 14
Mariner1980
September 26, 2019, 5:01pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +118
Little bit deflated but hey ho. At least we were beaten by a decent team, not their under 19 squad.

Long day for us too, out at 09:30 to pick my Dad up, down to Suffolk to go to my brother's place.
Set off for the match at 15:00, terrible traffic. Got to the match at 19:30. Had to tea in Hounslow around midnight.
Finally home 06:00 this morning!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 14
LondonMariner43
September 26, 2019, 5:03pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,935
Gold Stars: 64
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
It's far more than David and Goliath, I mean they had a player they paid 58m for playing and several full internationals. Squad numbers off the bench in the 50s and 60s!

I enjoyed everything  except the first 5m and the last 10. In between we competed well, it don't matter how fit you are when a team can make almost 700 passes at speed and have an 87% completion rate, no wonder they was out on their feet towards the end.

I can't wait for our next cup run!!!

Yes it would be misleading to say that was a B team jus because it was a different 11 from Saturday.  Big money signings, internationals coming back from injury or form, highly promising youngsters.  The player I was most excited about though was Max Wright.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 14
Teesknees
September 26, 2019, 5:06pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,596
Gold Stars: 18
I've watched that 8 times so we win 7-8!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 14
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › One moment of Glory

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.