Heisenberg
September 26, 2019, 11:33pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,032
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from LH

No I didn’t expect London to be quiet hence why I’m a bit miffed that we didn’t set off a lot earlier like anyone with any sense did at about 1000. Aiming to arrive via the M4 at roughly 1700 was, at best, optimistic. Having never been to SB before I was hoping to have a look about and a couple of pints but I was forced into having to go straight in.

We were the last coach to leave because we’d parked miles away and an elderly couple couldn’t find their way back in the dark. Long term night closures of the A1 not factored in either. Looks as though we were lucky as one of the hired coaches gearbox went mammaries and we got back at the rather early 0430.

I haven’t travelled by coach in about ten years and yesterday reminded why I don’t bother with it.

*edit- also asked if there was any chance we could go down Laceby Road so I could jump out there and save myself a bit of time and money getting a taxi back. Driver said we wouldn’t be going that way and they wouldn’t do drops anyway. We went down Laceby Road and overtook another bus dropping people at Bradley Crossroads.

That last bit, I would be going crazy at that. Just simply pig headed, and not acceptable. I would never go by coach for these reasons, AND the stupid not-drinking rule.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 99
Heisenberg
September 26, 2019, 11:35pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,032
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from blundellpork

The round closure south of Peterborough was ridiculous. Had to turn back south on the A1 only to head to Cambridge! We saw loads of people turning off into that village off the A1 wondering where to go. Fortunately I knew some of the roads around there and could cut out part of the diversion. After St Albans, the Peterborough, closure of the A1 exit at Newark was most unwelcome.

That whole episode was diabolical. I’ve never been so confused driving a car.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 99
RonMariner
September 26, 2019, 11:41pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,655
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Heisenberg

That whole episode was diabolical. I’ve never been so confused driving a car.

The M1 was closed from junction 8 to 9, with no diversion signage. So out return to the midlands took an age, and involved a sight seeing tour of Leyton Buzzard and other beauty spots. Just what we needed.

Regarding the game, that Chelsea team were fantastic. Barclay was top rate, and bossed the game. They had such pace throughout the side it was frightening. There is no shame in losing to them. I hope the players don't dwell on it.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 99
toontown
September 27, 2019, 8:39am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,258
Gold Stars: 70
Lots of effort put in by the players, Chelsea's team selection was strong tho and their attitude and desire were key, they were really on it. The fact they haven't won at home yet this season concentrated Chelsea minds I suspect into taking this more seriously than they may have otherwise done.

Our goal was sensational, great moment for us fans and for 15 minutes after it seemed we may incredibly have been able to force our way back into the game, but the pen just before half time killed it off.

No shame at All for the players, simply outclassed, some of the opposition were playing in the world cup finals last summer! They tried but it was too much. Premiership teams have lost to The big sides by worse scoreline. The fans were amazing, brilliant all game, altho we lost heavily I enjoyed the experience of the day and the fact we scored and took the game to them for a while made it for me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 99
bedders78
September 27, 2019, 9:25am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +827
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from blundellpork

The round closure south of Peterborough was ridiculous. Had to turn back south on the A1 only to head to Cambridge! We saw loads of people turning off into that village off the A1 wondering where to go. Fortunately I knew some of the roads around there and could cut out part of the diversion. After St Albans, the Peterborough, closure of the A1 exit at Newark was most unwelcome.

Yes, we had a "lovely" tour through the picturesque St Noets, Offord D'Arcy, Offord Cluny and Godmanchester.

Grim Outlook exile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 99
mimma
September 27, 2019, 10:24am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,564
Gold Stars: 78
Do you think that what happened to Spurs and Man U. helped focus them, and if we played them before those games Chelsea might have took it a bit easier?

No saying we could have won, just not thrashed
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 99
grimsby pete
September 27, 2019, 10:45am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
Maybe Frank Lampard will feel sorry for us and loan 2 or 3 of his younger players to us in January.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 99
toontown
September 27, 2019, 11:01am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,258
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from mimma
Do you think that what happened to Spurs and Man U. helped focus them, and if we played them before those games Chelsea might have took it a bit easier?

No saying we could have won, just not thrashed

Spurs quite possibly yes. Man u game was same time as ours so can't have had any effect
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 99
Hagrid
September 27, 2019, 11:12am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,373
Gold Stars: 532
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
[/b]

Does not get any LOUDER OR BETTER THAN THIS are you sure you went????

https://youtu.be/9VvWapSJy0E

yep, I go a hell of a lot more than you. being surrounded by plastic one time a season fans didn't help matters in the back rows of the lower. get over yourself
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 99
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back, or still there

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.