10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
September 26, 2019, 4:37am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,391
Gold Stars: 529
Very warm stadium! We had AC in the lower towards the back, finally home 6 hours after we “left” london
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 99
lukeo
September 26, 2019, 6:43am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,364
Gold Stars: 143
Chelsea oozed with class, some veryy good youngsters coming through for Frank.
Support sounded very good even at 6 and 7-1 down.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 99
Dan
September 26, 2019, 7:35am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
I was very impressed with Chelsea. Every pass was perfectly weighted, every through ball went to a player. It was like the ball was glued to their feet at times. That said, after we scored we gave them a good game up until the penalty, and Green will be happy with a goal like that past Caballero.

Worth keeping in mind that they had Pulisic on the pitch, and his transfer fee alone could have funded our club until 2049. He was also their worst player 😂😂

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 99
bedders78
September 26, 2019, 8:02am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +827
Gold Stars: 12
Just back - to work

The early goals hurt, but probably had no impact on the result in the end.  If we're going to be picky, Macca might be disappointed to be beaten at the near post even by a current England international. Green's goal was well taken and we looked like making a game of it until the penalty. They seemed to adopt the Man City tactic of a quick foul, high up the pitch to stop breakaways.

They were a strong team and performed close to their potential, Barkley looked like creating a chance whenever he got the ball, Hudson-Odoi on the other hand never seemed as threatening to me. Gilmour could develop in to a very handy player.

For us, I thought Whitehouse had one of his better games for us, Wright caused problems when he ran at them, Hendrie was his usual classy self and Hewitt is worth a spot as a wide midfielder in a 442.

Grim Outlook exile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 99
Mrs Doyle
September 26, 2019, 8:29am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
WTF!! We were beaten by a team of international players the gulf in class was stark. No shame in it for me thier ability was there for all to see. Their passing was spot on their width both sides were far to good for us and the midfield ran the show Ross Barkley and co were superb.

Team selection would not have made any difference man for man they were a class above knackered us out with all the skill that sort of money buys you.

No shame in it for me our lads tried but were just outgunned and out classed by a multi million pound side.

The poster that said we never created any atmosphere.
What fecking plannet was you on???

Our fans were magnificent for all 90minutes despite the scrore we totally out sung them if it had been on support alone we would have won 10-0.

So proud to be a marriner, nobody let us down particullaly our MAGNIFICENT LOUD FANS, The players did there best but were just chasing shadows by a team from another world.

Unfortunately the organisation by soccer express was pathetic. I was on the ill fated number nine coach that had the accident near to the ground. Nobody knew where the pick up point was and looked like trouble kicking off near the pub not good when you are just trying to find the coach.

Btw Stamford Bridge is a magnificent stadium but the sound system is rubbish.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 99
Jarmo.Is.God
September 26, 2019, 8:30am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
Positive for me, is 90mins is a long time, and I don't think they destroyed us in any way.

Hudson-odoi - Suppose to be England's brightest prospect, didn't do much for the full game apart from score at the end against an extremely tired defence and keeper
Pulisic - played 32 times for USA, cost Chelsea £58mil, did nothing to us.
Pedro - Played over 60 times for Spain, over 300 times for Barca & Chelsea - Scored a peno, apart from that, not a lot

We had a 17 year old Centre back, who looks a very bright prospect, against some 'world class' players, and up until 80th min, we were 4-1 down, 1 being a peno.

All in all, great night and experience for the club
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 99
Abdul19
September 26, 2019, 8:33am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,515
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from Dan

Worth keeping in mind that they had Pulisic on the pitch, and his transfer fee alone could have funded our club until 2049. He was also their worst player 😂😂

Yeah he was shite! That little lad Gilmour in the middle looked a real talent.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 99
Jarmo.Is.God
September 26, 2019, 8:35am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from LH

Soccer Express are getting a very strongly worded email tomorrow. I don’t know if anyone else feels the same but feel badly let down today. Missed all the pre-match build up and I am only as far as Peterborough tonight.

Why?

Didn't they leave at 12:30? that's over 7 hours before kick-off...

And the coach probably set off 1 hour after the full time whistle?

Guess you expected London to be quiet?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 99
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
September 26, 2019, 8:49am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
Positive for me, is 90mins is a long time, and I don't think they destroyed us in any way.

Sorry Jarmo, you are a true fan but I just had to laugh at this, it was 7-1, mate!  What would the score be if they had really destroyed us?

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 99
Mariner Timsky
September 26, 2019, 8:51am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,533
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from Spidey

Yeah, me and the lad got stuck in that, cost us 50 minutes, though some Grimsby lads in a red Civic said it could be up to 2 hrs, luckily it wasn’t.
We were sat in row 18 of the upper (highest row) and to be fair it was still a great view. It was still a fantastic evening despite the score line, at least we got a goal to celebrate. Nearly non stop chanting, through out, we certainly won that one!

Just back at work - 5 hours kip which I cant complain at really after only having to get back to Northampton - the 50 odd minute delay on M1 a bit of a downer -

also in Row 18 of the Upper and wow what a view and what a stadium and what a night - did hurt seeing the goals go in especially in that second half but we cant fault the players , all the coaching staff and of course us lot - a great experience and at 2-1 after the worldie from Greeny we made a go at it but just couldn't keep that play up - we were beaten by some very talented players who at times played the game like it really was a different sport - we go again and just hope they have something left in the tank for a totally different experience all together at Exeter -

nights like that make you proud to be a Mariner and the singing and clapping at the end to our lads felt quite emotional - UTM

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 99
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back, or still there

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.