promotion plaice
September 26, 2019, 1:02am

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 188
Quoted from bawarmy
Car on fire on the motorway. It’s going to be a long night

Yeah, 01.00 hours. and we are only as far as Peterborough.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 99
Hagrid
September 26, 2019, 1:04am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,987
Gold Stars: 507
Our driver gave us a tour of london. We didnt leave till 11.45 and now the a1 is shut
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 99
KingstonMariner
September 26, 2019, 1:06am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Just back. Well apart from a bowl of cereal.

How do you judge a game like that? We lost fair and square. Could we have done better? Yeah but only 4:1 at best not 7:1.

Could have been 10 but for Macca.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 99
LH
September 26, 2019, 1:40am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
Quoted from Hagrid
Our driver gave us a tour of london. We didnt leave till 11.45 and now the a1 is shut

Soccer Express are getting a very strongly worded email tomorrow. I don’t know if anyone else feels the same but feel badly let down today. Missed all the pre-match build up and I am only as far as Peterborough tonight.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 99
Lincoln Mariner 56
September 26, 2019, 1:45am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,510
Gold Stars: 64
Also just back and thanks to Biccys for making contact and offering my lad, brother and me a lift first time we had met but did a great job and found car park ten minutes from the ground.

Didn’t enjoy the result but everything else was first class. Very surprised Matty stayed on all game as the lad appeared to be cramping up from just before half time. Also highlighted the fact that a number of players are not technically gifted namely Whitehouse, Ogbu, Green and Clifton who all struggled to control and keep the ball, not sure what has happened to Clifton this season but seems to have taken a backward step in his development but maybe just a bit low in confidence after being omitted following his injury.

Bit surprised Robson didn’t start after his performance on Saturday but let’s be honest whoever played would have been chasing shadows for most of the match. Players clearly knackered after an hour so a journey home and then to Exeter will make it hard to get anything from the game on Saturday.

Anyway time to get me golf clubs outside as plane for Spain leaves in four hours 😄😩
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 99
AndyGTFC
September 26, 2019, 3:23am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +774
Gold Stars: 4
It'd have been nice not to let in 7 as it is an embarrassing scoreline but it was a reminder that the class between the top teams in the Premier League and League Two is absolutely huge. It's almost like a different sport at times.

Saw some terrific football from them and a fantastic goal from Green so can't complin too much.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 99
Spidey
September 26, 2019, 3:38am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +363
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from bawarmy
Car on fire on the motorway. It’s going to be a long night

Yeah, me and the lad got stuck in that, cost us 50 minutes, though some Grimsby lads in a red Civic said it could be up to 2 hrs, luckily it wasn’t.
We were sat in row 18 of the upper (highest row) and to be fair it was still a great view. It was still a fantastic evening despite the score line, at least we got a goal to celebrate. Nearly non stop chanting, through out, we certainly won that one!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 99
TownSNAFU5
September 26, 2019, 3:49am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,773
Gold Stars: 41
On the positives, no Championship club got further than us in the cup.

Bloody warm everywhere.  Does the ground have CH?  We could with that.

Yes we could have been more adventurous - but would it have made any difference by the end?  They would still have passed or run through us,  at least we scored.

The programme mentioned 3 Town wins over Chelsea.  I did not know that some of their very talented players and come through 5 consecutive FA Youth Cup wins, including 3 final wins over Man City.

We were up against the very best young  talent tonight.  19 year old Reece James MOM and tipped for an England place soon.

With the very large number of stewards, our net share after costs will go down.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 99
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back, or still there

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.