4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Dogger Bank
September 21, 2019, 12:47pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +161
Gold Stars: 2
Apparently announced yesterday but just seen it mentioned on Football Focus. Good move for him but maybe the bubble has burst there now the Cowley's have gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Hagrid
September 21, 2019, 12:49pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,373
Gold Stars: 532
who cares? don't give a crap about Lincoln the cowleys, all about town and 3 important points today
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 33
promotion plaice
September 21, 2019, 1:17pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,040
Gold Stars: 197

The Lincoln plastics only know success, no pressure then.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 33
nealeardleyscrossing
September 21, 2019, 1:17pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: -322
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from Dogger Bank
Apparently announced yesterday but just seen it mentioned on Football Focus. Good move for him but maybe the bubble has burst there now the Cowley's have gone.

Our bubble won't burst whilst we have our chairman, Most fans seem happy with Michael Appleton, especially as we have a team now that is designed to play football and he clearly gets his teams to keep it on the deck so it suits the personnel we have with Morrell, Payne, Andrade and Walker etc. Others interviewed were more direct and we don't want to go back to that - I am sure it grates on some of your fans as you are clearly a long ball team now as opposed to the football I saw you play in the late 80's.

Plus we paid very little to get him, so the near 2 million compensation we got for both Cowleys will help, as this league is completely different and I am surprised by the step up in quality, so we can splash in Jan to make sure we stay in this league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 33
HertsGTFC
September 21, 2019, 1:28pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228

Our bubble won't burst whilst we have our chairman, Most fans seem happy with Michael Appleton, especially as we have a team now that is designed to play football and he clearly gets his teams to keep it on the deck so it suits the personnel we have with Morrell, Payne, Andrade and Walker etc. Others interviewed were more direct and we don't want to go back to that - I am sure it grates on some of your fans as you are clearly a long ball team now as opposed to the football I saw you play in the late 80's.

Plus we paid very little to get him, so the near 2 million compensation we got for both Cowleys will help, as this league is completely different and I am surprised by the step up in quality, so we can splash in Jan to make sure we stay in this league.

I’m surprised your so confident (smug) about your chairman as he doesn’t actually kick a ball.

It’s also interesting that your tone has changed from storming L1 to staying in it.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 33
nealeardleyscrossing
September 21, 2019, 1:52pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: -322
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I’m surprised your so confident (smug) about your chairman as he doesn’t actually kick a ball.

It’s also interesting that your tone has changed from storming L1 to staying in it.

I am confident that the club is in safe hands - Thats all I meant, Appleton has been given a four year deal, our chairman said he wants to go higher up the football pyramid, so why not be confident.

As for storming it, We have started okay, but the quality differnce is enormous. I don't think I have ever said we would storm it, I was always happy to finish 5th bottom. You can't change a whole team in 1 or 2 windows. Plus our two best players in Morell and Walker we don't own.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 33
golfer
September 21, 2019, 1:54pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,424
Gold Stars: 115
[quote=140317]

Our bubble won't burst whilst we have our chairman,

Same here mate  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 33
oochiad
September 21, 2019, 3:49pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,709
Gold Stars: 27
0-2 not a good start for him😂😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 33
MarinerDevil
September 21, 2019, 3:58pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,736
Gold Stars: 80
Maybe, just maybe, this will spell the end of the constant swooning over them for the time being?  Football is cyclical; their recent success will end and all the talk about how they're going to solidify a place in the Championship will look a bit ridiculous.  They don't represent a utopian vision for how every club should be run.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 33
Davec
September 21, 2019, 4:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
Just to point out Appleton isn't actually in charge today, he's in the stands watching.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 33
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Michael Appleton to Lincoln

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.