September 22, 2019, 12:08pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,955
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from supertown
Their demise will save scunny unfortunately

Do people really expect Scunny to struggle all season? Surely not? Personally I can’t see them going down at all, despite their awful start. Let’s hope I’m wrong, though!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 47
Ipswin
September 22, 2019, 12:48pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Heisenberg

Do people really expect Scunny to struggle all season? Surely not? Personally I can’t see them going down at all, despite their awful start. Let’s hope I’m wrong, though!!

They'll finish mid table the same as us

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 47
MarinerRob
September 22, 2019, 3:05pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,432
Gold Stars: 107
Quoted Text
Do people really expect Scunny to struggle all season? Surely not?

I thought the same about Nott County last season. I still can't believe that they could not do enough to stay up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 47
jock dock tower
September 22, 2019, 4:32pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
The Football League regulations say that clubs can gain access to the Football League through the National League. I don't agree with them going into the National League straight away either as that isn't what happened to the likes of Stockport, and to Chester City, who were made to drop down to the NPL fater they went belly up in the Conference. You have to have consistency on such matters, anything else is wide open to abuse, just as the re-election process used to be when teams from the old 4th Division had to apply for league membership if they finished in the bottom four.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 47
wiggers
September 23, 2019, 8:33am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 11
What example does it set if they are reinstated to the league? They should be made to reform and start from the bottom simple as that. Hopefully it will make clubs and their owners think twice about cheating their way out of a division. It’s about time football started to live within its means. If they are simply let back in nothing will change, in fact I think it will make things worse for football in the long run. As hard and unfortunate as it is for Bury fans it’s the only way I’m afraid.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 47
marinerdazza
September 23, 2019, 10:57am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,779
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from Heisenberg

A couple more defeats and their chairman won't be able to help himself. Changing a manager constantly has to be one of the key factors in relegation. Chesterfield/Notts County.

Scunny are at home to Bradford and away at Plymouth next. I don't see them getting anything from either.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 47
Heisenberg
September 23, 2019, 11:07am
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from marinerdazza

A couple more defeats and their chairman won't be able to help himself. Changing a manager constantly has to be one of the key factors in relegation. Chesterfield/Notts County.

Scunny are at home to Bradford and away at Plymouth next. I don't see them getting anything from either.

Ooh, they ARE tough games!  I agree with you too, that Chairman will get nervous if things don't improve soon.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 47
Paris Mariner
September 23, 2019, 11:14am
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Quoted from jock dock tower
The Football League regulations say that clubs can gain access to the Football League through the National League. I don't agree with them going into the National League straight away either as that isn't what happened to the likes of Stockport, and to Chester City, who were made to drop down to the NPL fater they went belly up in the Conference. You have to have consistency on such matters, anything else is wide open to abuse, just as the re-election process used to be when teams from the old 4th Division had to apply for league membership if they finished in the bottom four.

Stockport were in the National League. We beat them 7-2 at home in 11/12. Chester and Boston were forced to drop. Bury should not be readmitted.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 27 - 47
Heisenberg
September 23, 2019, 12:16pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Paris Mariner

Stockport were in the National League. We beat them 7-2 at home in 11/12. Chester and Boston were forced to drop. Bury should not be readmitted.

I agree, a stance needs to be taken.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 47
jamesgtfc
September 23, 2019, 12:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,941
Gold Stars: 190
For future sustainability the best thing would be to wind up Bury FC and start again, whether that be at Counties or Northern Premier.

If they retained 25% of their support, they would be among the best supported down there by some distance so they would soon rise without any inherited debts which has ultimately been their downfall.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bury FC

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.