5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
September 21, 2019, 1:34pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,875
Gold Stars: 227
In reality letting them back into League 2 would not work unless they have real cash.

They’d effectively be a new club on and off the pitch and a new team made up of what would be journeymen and kids so coming in at that “professional” level would be a massive challenge to sustain.

Though I really feel for their loyal support they’d be better off from building further down the pyramid.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 47
Abdul19
September 21, 2019, 1:35pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,513
Gold Stars: 215
The last team kicked out the FL was Maidstone and that was 27 years ago

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 47
Heisenberg
September 21, 2019, 1:51pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,954
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from HertsGTFC
In reality letting them back into League 2 would not work unless they have real cash.

They’d effectively be a new club on and off the pitch and a new team made up of what would be journeymen and kids so coming in at that “professional” level would be a massive challenge to sustain.

Though I really feel for their loyal support they’d be better off from building further down the pyramid.

That’s a good point; who on earth would sign for them next season? Hardly without financial risk.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 47
KingstonMariner
September 21, 2019, 2:07pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
there seems to be a lot of disparity when it comes to issues regarding financial affairs and regulations.

how can "bigger clubs" get points taken off (Leicester etc) after falling into financial distress, yet teams like (the proper) Wimbledon, Aldershot, darlington get stripped of their league status

football is losing faith in the people that care about it.

The (alleged) difference is that the clubs kicked out of the FL couldn't demonstrate they could meet their obligations for the season when they had an act of insolvency. Bolton, Leicester, Portsmouth etc apparently could when they had their rescue deals. I'm sceptical about the robustness of the process personally, but that's the official rationale.

Wimbledon was a different case. Their league position was taken over by another 'franchise' in effect. They weren't in admin. AFC Wimbledon was a new club, founded when 'Wimbledon FC' were still in existence, so they started from lower down the pyramid, as did the new Aldershot and Maidstone (and Darlo).

Darlo were already outside the FL when they went bust. The Conference has always been stricter than the FL.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 47
moosey_club
September 21, 2019, 4:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,199
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from Rob_in_Grimsby
I can see the championship and L1 all voting for them to stay in as it does not effect them directly and if it happens to them in the future they can use this as a way out.
L2 clubs will vote them out as it would mean two go down this season.

well considered and i would think that would be the case.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 47
Marinerz93
September 21, 2019, 5:04pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
No one wants to see a club go bust, but they have and should be reinstated next season.

However, I think it is time to implement a 3 up 3 down between the national league and league 2.

Edit as I miss typed
No one wants to see a club go bust, but they have and should not be reinstated next season.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 47
fishboyUTM
September 21, 2019, 10:12pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,069
Gold Stars: 40
I feel for them. Anything that can be done for them should be. As long as that cretin Dale has gone, signed and sealed and the club can demonstrate they are financially viable then I would re-admit them into league 2 next season.

Understand what people are saying though. Andy Holt, the Accrington owner makes a lot of sense and has been calling for massive reform for a long time. The Football League needs to do more to make sure this doesn't happen again, I can only imagine how Bury fans feel at the moment and for that reason, I would re-admit them into the Football League. Maybe expel MK Dons as well while they are at it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 47
supertown
September 21, 2019, 10:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,437
Gold Stars: 53
Their demise will save scunny unfortunately
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 47
mariner83
September 22, 2019, 9:33am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from supertown
Their demise will save scunny unfortunately

My understanding of it is that it would be just the 3 down from L1 this season, and all other relegation/promotion spots would remain the same.  So effectively Bury if reinstated are one of the 4 teams that are relegated from L1 this season.

If they're reinstated, what example does it set for other clubs...
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 18 - 47
Gaffer58
September 22, 2019, 11:04am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,097
Gold Stars: 31
Terrible thing to say but if it was MK Dons instead of Bury if it meant scunny going down then I'm all for it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bury FC

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.