lukeo
September 17, 2019, 9:53pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.08
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,292
Gold Stars: 133
Watched the game on ifollow.
I liked the fact we totally dominated and tried to play football as best we could but at same time the odd hoof.
The goal was rightly cancelled out, why did Green do that? It was totally wreckless. Admittedly I'm livid the way it wass cancelled out and im pretty sure it was the fourth official that gave it and I'm sure thatt isn't allowed?
Ref and lineo was almost as bad as Ogbu and Green.

Deserved atleast a point but that's football.
Logged Offline
Private Message
lukeo
September 17, 2019, 9:54pm
Season Ticket Holder
Felt midfield did well concidering they had no support... Hate the fact they kept coming and taking the ball from the defenders feet though!?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 80
jaygy
September 17, 2019, 10:00pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +2,351
Gold Stars: 6
The odd hoof ball!?!? We had our best chances from playing around the back but only did that a couple of times going forward, the other 100 times going forward were aimless hoof balls. I don’t mind aiming for Hanson but ffs it shouldn’t be every time!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 80
Lambretta Mariner
September 17, 2019, 10:04pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +140
It's a shame we didn't have the same 4th official when Hansons penalty was saved by the goalkeeper 2 yards off his line.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 80
jonnyboy82
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
Yep, definitely too much aimless hoof tonight.

I just dont know if even jolley knows what he wants to do,  we are better when we play it on the floor, plus ogbu was quite terrible tonight kept coming deep i dont know if thats on purpose but we need to stop whacking it 40 yards hoping hanson teleports all over the pitch.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 80
lukeo
Season Ticket Holder
NEVER KNEW THIS :
Change decision. But can't a referee change his decision? Yes, referees can. ... The LATG say: “The referee may only change a decision on realising that it is incorrect or, at his discretion, on the advice of an assistant referee or the fourth official, provided that he has not restarted play or terminated the match
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 80
louth_in_the_south
September 17, 2019, 10:05pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +22 / -12
Approval: +5,529
Gold Stars: 94
Quoted from jaygy
The odd hoof ball!?!? We had our best chances from playing around the back but only did that a couple of times going forward, the other 100 times going forward were aimless hoof balls. I don’t mind aiming for Hanson but ffs it shouldn’t be every time!

I was amazed by the lack of long balls considering that’s all we’ve been playing apparently for the last few weeks . It’s an easy line to throw in . We passed Salford off the pitch ffs

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 80
jonnyboy82
September 17, 2019, 10:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
What game was you watching  

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 80
jaygy
September 17, 2019, 10:11pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +2,351
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from louth_in_the_south

I was amazed by the lack of long balls considering that’s all we’ve been playing apparently for the last few weeks . It’s an easy line to throw in . We passed Salford off the pitch ffs

I’m going to agree with you that we maybe passed it about more but we only had so much possession because we were passing it around our back 4 before hoofing it forward. I’d love to see us play with actual wingers and give up the 3rd man up top because we may try and get around the back more
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 80
louth_in_the_south
September 17, 2019, 10:19pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +22 / -12
Approval: +5,529
Gold Stars: 94
Quoted from jaygy

I’m going to agree with you that we maybe passed it about more but we only had so much possession because we were passing it around our back 4 before hoofing it forward. I’d love to see us play with actual wingers and give up the 3rd man up top because we may try and get around the back more

We didn’t hoof it . Watch it again tomorrow . The midfield picked the ball up and tried passing it through Salford . If anything the front 3 let the ball bounce off them too easily when it was played into them . Salford has a couple of lucky last ditch interceptions on the edge of their box when green and Hanson looked like they were in . Great save from waterfalls effort .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 80
9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.