No Members and 167 Guests

Just back

This thread currently has 15,020 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
September 18, 2019, 7:15am
Guest User
Quoted from lukeo
NEVER KNEW THIS :
Change decision. But can't a referee change his decision? Yes, referees can. ... The LATG say: “The referee may only change a decision on realising that it is incorrect or, at his discretion, on the advice of an assistant referee or the fourth official, provided that he has not restarted play or terminated the match

I can't remember now, but HAD play been restarted before the goal was disallowed?

Reply: 30 - 80
Mariner_501
September 18, 2019, 7:22am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +227
Gold Stars: 27
Salford, much like Oldham, are flipping terrible. What does that say about us?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 80
sydney
September 18, 2019, 7:25am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
Very Disappointing Night
We are starting to look like we where at our worst last season.
Ineffective and not driving enough through the middle
The Hanson secret is out and teams are putting two or three players on him now
We Dominate from KO until the opposition score with their first attempt, then we pile on the pressure for last few mins to try and rescue something

Only the officials where more disappointing
Does Salford’s Big Budget inc 4th officials?
Disgraceful
Come on Town we go again sat!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 80
cmackenzie4
September 18, 2019, 7:40am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,335
Gold Stars: 33
I went to bed happy last night because I got an alert off ifollow saying it finished 1.1, did anyone else get this?

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 80
IlkleyMariner
September 18, 2019, 7:58am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +2,977
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from 123614

I can't remember now, but HAD play been restarted before the goal was disallowed?

No
Players all lined up but game had not restarted
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 80
lee65
September 18, 2019, 8:04am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,480
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from cmackenzie4
I went to bed happy last night because I got an alert off ifollow saying it finished 1.1, did anyone else get this?

Yes, it never changed when the goal was chalked off
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 80
oochiad
September 18, 2019, 8:05am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,675
Gold Stars: 27
Yes I got the alert at full time, I’d left at 90 minutes as I’m disabled and was worried about getting out the ground up those steps with 1000 town fans. Got back to the car and on the alerts 1-1!! I thought we’d got out of jail again......on the whole we’re much further on than last year but still have lots to sort out, stats don’t lie and we were far superior but couldn’t put the ball in the net. Hope we put right on Saturday although I’ve a suspicion it’ll be flat with everyone with their eye on Wednesday. We’ll see, UTM!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 80
jimgtfc
September 18, 2019, 8:10am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,074
Gold Stars: 44
Just seen the highlights and that’s disgraceful from the officials. People can defend them or the new law all they want but that’s not the way to reach a decision is it? That’s worse than VAR. The ball didn’t even go over the point of the wall Green was interfering with so it was irrelevant anyway.

Can anyone who watched the game say how Whitehouse played? I’ve been really disappointed with him in games I’ve seen, yet he seems immune from criticism, maybe due to the fact he covers a lot of ground which I’ll grant him, or that he had a terrible injury last season and maybe he’s not the same player, but I just don’t see what he does with the ball to justify his continued inclusion.

Regarding Ogbu, I think he’s a bit of a luxury player. You don’t normally get that type of player at this level. He’s probably suited to home games that we can dominate a bit more, where he can hurt teams, but away from home when it’s going to be a bit more of a graft I think we’d benefit from either playing Cook or Wright in that role or just playing a narrower 442 with just Green and Hanson up front.

We’ve had a decent start overall so far, win on Saturday and it’ll be a good start, but a loss might see us looking at the bottom half of the table again.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 80
AdamHaddock
September 18, 2019, 8:33am

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +36 / -5
Approval: +2,803
Gold Stars: 25
Less hoofball last night, we tried to get it on the deck more but it was often slow, ponderous, sideways, too many  touches and little off the ball movement. Green had a great chance early on but headed straight at the keeper when the entire goal was yawning in his face.

Whitehouse and Ogbu need dropping . Give Clifton and Rose or Vernam a run of games now

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 80
Mariner93er
September 18, 2019, 8:34am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,720
Gold Stars: 28
Thought Whitehouse was as ineffective as anyone today. Barring s couple of goals, he contributes very little in the midfield 3. Thought Robson looked better when he came on, but he was the wrong kind of player for the situation. I thought both substitutions were pointless to be honest. Robson can pass it sround deep, but we were having no problem doing that so why bring him on. We were really lacking spark in that final third, and it was crying out for max, but instead we turned to Vernam, who I like, but in all honesty he provides nothing except a step over.

We could have even sacrificed a defender at that point, because I don't think I've ever seen a team go so defensive against us since our return to the league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 80
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.