9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
bawarmy
September 17, 2019, 11:23pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,821
Gold Stars: 27
No excuse but I’m told the 4th official was a complete David Warner ( a useless cheat)
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 80
sam gy
September 17, 2019, 11:30pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,387
Gold Stars: 53
Seen a few people complaining about no Pollock, but I don’t see why really. No need to bring him on...Salford weren’t gonna try and attack us too much and Hewitt who came on instead was very good down that right side.

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 80
Poojah
September 17, 2019, 11:34pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,151
Gold Stars: 1,490
The game felt very reminiscent of our non-league days tonight, on multiple levels.

The ground: Neat, tidy and comfortable enough but felt almost temporary. Relatively easy to dispose of if / when the owners get bored or they reach a level where it can no longer accommodate them.

The tactics: We exhibited far more technical ability tonight, but tactically Salford will he happy with that. A fortunate goal which was against the run of play both before and after, but they played 10 men behind the ball for much of the game and looked incredibly comfortable with it. I’m not criticising their negativity - take the lead and you’re entitled to defend it - but we struggled to find a plan b.

The officiating: I felt the referee was poor generally, but let’s get to the goal. I’ve not seen it back, and I’m told by that those who have that the decision was correct, but my gripe isn’t that it was disallowed but how.

Both the referee and the linesman had a good vantage, yet it’s taken an intervention from the fourth official to identify a problem. In this post VAR world, I thought that the direct free kick was a sanctum for the spontaneous goal celebration, but even at our level, apparently not. How the ball gets back to the centre spot before the goal is scratched I don’t know, but it’s criminal for me.

We’ll be fine this season, and I dare say we’ll records our best finish in the last decade. But we’re tactically, if not technically, too limited to genuinely trouble the play-offs in my opinion.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 80
nightrider
September 18, 2019, 12:10am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
That was abit crap.     let's not forget about Salfords 8? changes. A few players aren't pulling their weight
I mentioned what I thought about moses after the bradford game. I thought we needed alot better but after reading lots of positive comments about him in that particular game, the following ones and the managers obvious love for him, I must be wrong
Harsh questioning him after his first game but presumably hes had long enough to settle in now?
Opinion hasnt changed - no way should he be playing at this level. Nor the national league
Even if I forget about his lack of ability with the ball, he's an fit athletic bloke who does sodomist all for the majority of the 90mins. Not good enough to start for a national league side imo.

He isnt the only player being carried by the likes of hessenthaler though. Whitehouse well over rated too and shouldnt start imo. Green was never going to be the player to score goals for us either was he?

Hewitt and hess looked good so it's not all doom n gloom. He needs to change things for the next game but we've got a decent side

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 80
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
September 18, 2019, 12:16am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,689
Gold Stars: 72
Feeling pretty miserable after that, not the game I was expecting at all. I wouldn't mind seeing a few changes made for Saturday just to mix things up and get some freshness out the squad, think we've just gone behind first too many times now and the squad just looked like it couldn't pick itself up for that fight again.

To top it off the m18 turn off was shut so that was a pain in the bottom. Bring on Saturday utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 80
Croxton
September 18, 2019, 12:27am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +2,933
Gold Stars: 31
Our lack of pace and invention is evident whether we pass it or hoof. Backwards and sideways passes show patience but the lack of movement, particularly by Green was disappointing. Hewitt brought some urgency and initiative and showed that he can provide crosses and corners. Time to rest Ogbu and Whitehouse. We are a team in the making and should be safe but it's a tough watch at the moment.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 80
The_Laughing_Mariner
September 18, 2019, 12:35am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,040
Saw a few cars with tickets outside the ground.
How did people get back with M18 junction shut?
I went off at J34, A19 to Donny, then A630 to M18,

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 80
IlkleyMariner
September 18, 2019, 12:42am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +2,876
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Green desperate to prove a point tried too hard tonight but Ogbu is fast becoming a waste of a shirt, most of Salford’s chances came through his inability to track back. He’s lazy and plays for himself. Let Charles, Max or Akheem start because we aren’t good enough to play with ten men.

Well footy is full of opinions.
Thought Green was ineffective after a great attempt to score early on
There were times when Ogbu was playing right back when he should have been further up the park
Agree it was crying out for Max Wright to come on halfway through second half.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 80
The_Laughing_Mariner
September 18, 2019, 12:46am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,040
Green Poor, Hanson outnumbered, Ogbu too deep at times but he came looking for the ball because the midfield was too deep.
Loads of possession, but no quality in the final ball to the front 3.
lots of hard work but little quality

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 80
gobby
September 18, 2019, 6:20am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +767
Gold Stars: 7
Creative attacking midfielder still needed. Poor goal to concede. Officials embarrassing.. Yorkies shut off the exit on M62 to force us to pay £1.50 to come across the bridge, extra 3 miles on the journey.  These things are sent to try us.
Not at Chelsea due to holidays but enjoy the day out folks.
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 80
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.