9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
September 17, 2019, 10:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Green desperate to prove a point tried too hard tonight but Ogbu is fast becoming a waste of a shirt, most of Salford’s chances came through his inability to track back. He’s lazy and plays for himself. Let Charles, Max or Akheem start because we aren’t good enough to play with ten men.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 80
pontoonlew
September 17, 2019, 10:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,721
Gold Stars: 163
The effort was generally there but the ideas were not. Green just played his own game in an effort to prove a point, the problem being it was in complete detriment to ours. Ogbu was absolutely bloody woeful.

Full backs were good second half and we had a hell of a lot of the ball, just nothing to show for it. But for two top class saves from the GK and an utterly incompetent decision from the ref we’d have won and all been excited, so I won’t overreact to a loss that on balance, we didn’t deserve.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 80
Tommy
September 17, 2019, 10:47pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,859
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from pontoonlew
The effort was generally there but the ideas were not. Green just player his own game in an effort to prove a point, the problem being it was in complete detriment to ours. Ogbu was absolutely bloody woeful.

Full backs were good second half and we had a hell of a lot of the ball, just nothing to show for it. But for two top class saves from the GK and an utterly incompetent decision from the ref we’d have won and all been excited, so I won’t overreact to a loss that on balance, we didn’t deserve.

I know we'll be biased on here but I can't see how anyone would think that was anything other than a correct decision.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 80
pontoonlew
September 17, 2019, 10:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,721
Gold Stars: 163
Quoted from Tommy

I know we'll be biased on here but I can't see how anyone would think that was anything other than a correct decision.

Badly worded, the way it came about was farcical. Firstly players were in the wall before Green, nothing was done about it. Secondly how on earth can we get to kick off before an intervention from the fourth official after the bench complains. The leagues golden boys somehow get it overturned in circumstances I’ve never seen before in my life.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 80
Mariner Timsky
September 17, 2019, 10:51pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,535
Gold Stars: 4
It’s not the decision that’s the problem it’s the fact that the 4th official made the decision

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 80
Tommy
September 17, 2019, 10:56pm
Season Ticket Holder
Worrying for me how we were too poor on the ball to create anything against a limited Salford side that had nothing about them.
We looked patient and comfortable playing it across the back line and into central midfielders dropping deep, but any forward pass into strikers or midfielders higher up the pitch just resulted in them either instantly losing it or instantly playing it straight back to our back 4.

Gibson was good on the ball I thought but looks frustrated with a lack of movement and option ahead of him. Robson too looks like he has a decent left leg on him and could offer some more creative passes. But the front players have got to do better when the ball goes up to them to feet.

The front 3 looked like they were just told to play up front together without any real direction. Ogbu and Green neither got wide and pinned the full backs, or got central close enough to Hanson.

Gary in commentary made a great point about the long balls lofted/floated up to Hanson being too easy for defenders and the need to narrow them lower a bit more.

Baffled why Pollock didnt come on for Ohman.

Not getting too negative as it's still early days but the last 180 minutes have been very poor against teams that have posed very little threat to us. And we've not been good enough against either. Worried that we're just gonna be another inconsistent mid-table side again unless we find a more effective formula fast.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 80
Tommy
September 17, 2019, 10:58pm
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from Mariner Timsky
It’s not the decision that’s the problem it’s the fact that the 4th official made the decision

He's entitled to assist the referee in the same way the assistants do. If they see something the ref misses, they flag and tell him. The 4th official saw something the ref missed and told him. They're all part of a refereeing team and between them they got the right decision. As excrement as it was it being so long after the goal was given.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 80
oochiad
September 17, 2019, 11:01pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,647
Gold Stars: 27
We didn’t hoof it. I was there and not watching on ifollow so that’s my opinion. Another day had things gone our way we’d of won. I’m tired from my journey so off to bed, certainly not to disappointed as we are a much better prospect from recent season. See you all sat. Very excited for Wednesday. UTM!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 80
Mariner_09
September 17, 2019, 11:16pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,189
Gold Stars: 54
We definitely deserved a point. I have never seen anything like that before, the 4th official spotted an infringement, shows the ref doesn’t have the courage of his convictions, there were other instances where he seemed to basically give into the crowd from either side and blow up. Goal looked soft, those around me were speculating if it was deflected. Seemed a long way out to go straight in with little power. Ogbu was bobbins and has been for a few weeks now. Green looked set on proving a point and should’ve buried that free header 5 minutes in! Gibson had his best game for us and looks like we’ll have to play Pollock and Gibson at CB at Stamford bridge, seems as though we’re not allowed to have two fit CB’s for PL teams, we played Hendrie and RHJ there at Palace last year! I thought Hess was excellent again, we looked far more threatening when Hewitt came on. They basically stuck 2 of their back 3 on Hanson and nullified his threat. And I’ve never heard a more quiet home crowd. Well, they are all Man U fans who come for something to do I bet.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 80
Theimperialcoroner
September 17, 2019, 11:23pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -3
Approval: +5,088
Gold Stars: 93
What exactly happened with the 4th official?

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 80
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.