sydney
September 14, 2019, 7:51pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
Good Post Croxton
Come on MJ learn from this today and believe in what we can and the players in the right positions can do
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 38
Croxton
September 14, 2019, 8:03pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Kris2

I mean they could just not act like a bunch of dickheads. It's always somebody else's fault and "Town fans never cause trouble" etc etc.

They certainly were dickheads and no excuse implied by my comment. You, however, appear to be a straw man kinda guy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 38
Hagrid
September 14, 2019, 8:04pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,384
Gold Stars: 532
Had 2 town fans scrapping with each other behind me today.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 38
HertsGTFC
September 14, 2019, 8:09pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Hagrid

Happens quite often to be honest

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 38
dapperz fun pub
September 14, 2019, 8:26pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Hagrid

Not good at all but very common in grounds all around the country
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 38
Croxton
September 14, 2019, 8:56pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Hagrid

Nearly kicked off near me when a Ronnie Kray impersonator tried to goad a guy who simply asked him politely to walk on instead of blocking his view. Credit to the seated guy who maintained his cool throughout.

For two seasons, Cambridge have tried a similar compaction tactic by sheeting down whole sections causing even small groups or families to separate in search of seats.. On the first occasion I asked a rather nervous young female steward to trot down to the front and ask her boss to allow her to uncover another section. He obliged so we could watch a shocking performance in relative comfort.

One or two of our prominent 'lads' were being spoken to by the Police as we left. Hopefully they will give Salford a miss.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 38
moosey_club
September 14, 2019, 9:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Well.....that was dog poo for most of the match....when i saw the team with Hewitt in the centre i had concerns, absolutely in no way does he bring anything to that position at all, proven it on a couple of occassions already so why Jolley went that way again i dont know.
Gibson, Whitehouse, Hewitt all pretty much kneecapped by the formation and it took Jolley far too long to react and when he did an already floundering Hewitt was almost immediately mugged at full back allowing their winger all the time in the world to fire in a perfect cross for their second.

Just as we were turning our thoughts to the M62 traffic and a mardy journey home Cook ( a little cameo bright spot of the afternoon) pounces on Hansons air shot and fires home....consolation but still mardy....holy sh!t ... Ludwig gets on a long punted free kick ....jeeeez ...how have we got back in this ???  Ogbu very sneakily ( well blatantly ) blocking off Wheater givng Ludwig the freedom.

Whilst trying to take positives....the team kept fighting til the very end, Jolley eventually saw the problem and rectified it, whilst playing very poorly we still had a few good chances to score in the game other than the goals we did...good vocal support.

Thought Oldham had some very bright players on the ball, several players capable of breaking through the lines and advancing the ball quickly which we really didnt have until Cook came on. Without some cynical defending and taking yellows we could have been dead and buried.

On paper a game we should of won, in reality a game we should have lost....so shouldnt grumble about a point away.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 38
KingstonMariner
September 14, 2019, 10:40pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Happens quite often to be honest

If you're gonna scrap behind anyone, behind Hagrid's back is a good place to do it though. He's booked to stand ringside at Caesar's Palace facing the crowd.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 38
Mariner_501
September 14, 2019, 11:07pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +227
Gold Stars: 27
Can’t believe how bad that first 80 minutes was. Oldham were robbed. Good to come back again. This team certainly never give up, but it would be nice to score first for once!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 38
headingly_mariner
September 15, 2019, 11:40am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Not a good game but did well to get something from it.
Real lack of legs in the middle. Hess is fine but Whitehouse and Hewitt really struggle to get up and down. They both should’ve been off at half time. Whitehouse hasn’t really impressed for me so far, he’s very one paced and doesn’t appear to have the ability to knit the play together in that attacking midfield role. The one thing he does do well is get himself in goalscoring positions.

I’d have Hess, Clifton and Cook as my 3.

Word for the stewarding, it was awful, aggressive and pointless. Not opening the bottom seats was just a recipe for disorder. It meant that those who’d been late in from the pub where stood up on the stairs and it caused friction between the Town fans.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 38
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.