1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
TownSNAFU5
September 11, 2019, 3:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,848
Gold Stars: 42
For 6 years we were playing some PT teams from towns and villages that we could not find on a map.  The grounds left a lot to be desired.

Now we have a respected manager, are making progress in the league and are developing our own good youth players.  We are also making money from Cup matches.

Last kseason we played a Prem team (who had won at Man City) and who had internationals playing.  10 men nearly held out for 90 mins for a replay.

This season (in Sep) we are playing a higher-profile Prem team.  Chelsea are also seeded higher in the CL than Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid.  They also have a new high-profile manager which creates publicity.

Meanwhile, our rivals are struggling for different reasons.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Heisenberg
September 11, 2019, 3:21pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,954
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
For 6 years we were playing some PT teams from towns and villages that we could not find on a map.  The grounds left a lot to be desired.

Now we have a respected manager, are making progress in the league and are developing our own good youth players.  We are also making money from Cup matches.

Last kseason we played a Prem team (who had won at Man City) and who had internationals playing.  10 men nearly held out for 90 mins for a replay.

This season (in Sep) we are playing a higher-profile Prem team.  Chelsea are also seeded higher in the CL than Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid.  They also have a new high-profile manager which creates publicity.

Meanwhile, our rivals are struggling for different reasons.

If you're referring to Lincoln City as one of those rivals, I think to suggest they are struggling would be pushing it a bit!

But yes, we're on the up.  Just to be away from a relegation scrap is a step in the right direction.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 8
mariner tommy
September 11, 2019, 4:37pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.18
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,870
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from Heisenberg

If you're referring to Lincoln City as one of those rivals, I think to suggest they are struggling would be pushing it a bit!

But yes, we're on the up.  Just to be away from a relegation scrap is a step in the right direction.

I would suggest he’s referring to Scunthorpe

UTM

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 8
Heisenberg
September 11, 2019, 6:03pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,954
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from mariner tommy

I would suggest he’s referring to Scunthorpe

UTM

Well yes, but the post does sound like it’s referring to the lot of them, as we do have 3 local rivals.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 8
oochiad
September 11, 2019, 8:36pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,675
Gold Stars: 27
I thought the Scunts tbf.......
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 8
LH
September 11, 2019, 10:11pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,462
Gold Stars: 172
We’ve had an OK start to the season (better than expected and time will tell how good it’s been later on) and we’ve managed to get lucky in a cup draw. Scunny have dropped and we’ve stayed at the same level for three years. Let’s not get carried away.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 8
Garth
September 11, 2019, 10:37pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
I said after watching Tuesdays game that we are still a long way from a promotion team, unless we use the January window to our advantage.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 8
Rik e B
September 11, 2019, 11:08pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Yeah let's not get carried away, we seem to be doing certain things right but I'm sure plenty of times this Season we will see that we far from the finished article!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 8
KingstonMariner
September 11, 2019, 11:22pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Still early days but a better start than most of us expected. Keeping my feet firmly on the ground. Or trying to.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 8
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Significant Progress Made

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.