Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › How are you getting to Chelsea ?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 236 Guests

How are you getting to Chelsea ?

This thread currently has 12,946 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
GollyGTFC
September 11, 2019, 6:00pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,978
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
Luckily living in Grantham we can get a train there and back on the night, even though grandson does not finish school until 15.30.

16.08 to Kings Cross for 17.23  (Time for a '5Guys' before we head to the ground).
23.33 from Kings Cross  (This train calls at Peterborough, Newark & Doncaster if it help anyone in planning their journey).

Did conciser driving but It looks like a nightmare to park close, and parking in North London seems to take forever to get to ground on public transport.

That's a coincidence. They are the exact same trains that I am on too.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 20 - 74
Gaffer58
September 11, 2019, 7:42pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,097
Gold Stars: 31
Luxury limousine to the Dorchester Hotel for about 3pm, then on to the Ivy for afternoon tea, followed by a lift from Frank Lampard to the ground for around 6 ish. Then a drink and nibbles in the directors lounge with Mr Abromovich and Mr Fenty, then into a private box for the game. After the game, into the winning players changing room to congratulate Macca, Hess, Hanson and the rest of the squad. Later a taxi back to the hotel, get changed and head to the West End to take in a show, then back to the hotel for a good nights sleep, in the morning limousine back home to the caravan at Skegness ready for work the next day on the dustbins. Hey, everybody has a dream!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 74
Northbank Mariner
September 11, 2019, 8:48pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
[quote=120818]Luxury limousine to the Dorchester Hotel for about 3pm, then on to the Ivy for afternoon tea, followed by a lift from Frank Lampard to the ground for around 6 ish. Then a drink and nibbles in the directors lounge with Mr Abromovich and Mr Fenty, then into a private box for the game. After the game, into the winning players changing room to congratulate Macca, Hess, Hanson and the rest of the squad. Later a taxi back to the hotel, get changed and head to the West End to take in a show, then back to the hotel for a good nights sleep, in the morning limousine back home to the caravan at Skegness ready for work the next day on the dustbins. Hey, everybody has a dream!!![/quote]
Or too much time on their hands?🤔🤔😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 74
KingstonMariner
September 11, 2019, 8:50pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Assuming I can get a ticket. Train in to Waterloo, meet up with the other KT Mariners, Couple in the Welly, then tube making sure the bladder is well and truly empty first.

That afternoon and the following morning off work so able to have some refreshments after we win on penalties.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 74
Todmorden Mariner
September 11, 2019, 9:03pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +72
4 of us on Megabus from Leeds, cheap hotel and bus back Thursday. Only £40 for 4 on the bus.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 74
topuphere666
September 11, 2019, 9:49pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
Probably on the same train as you G mariner
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 74
Mariner Timsky
September 11, 2019, 10:04pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,533
Gold Stars: 4
Anyone off from Grimsby?!?

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 74
sydney
September 11, 2019, 10:11pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
Cockfosters Tube to Earls Court
Then to Fulham Broadway
U can walk from Earls Court though about 25 mins
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 74
Poojah
September 11, 2019, 10:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,422
Gold Stars: 1,499
I’ll be working in London the day of the game and the day after so I’ll be staying over. Hotels not looking cheap mind, even by London standards.

Some pre-match co-ordination would be useful as there’s very little for away fans near Stamford Bridge other than the ground itself. My plan was to stop off at Earl’s Court (The Blackbird just outside the tube is a lovely old school London pub) but ideally on the basis of a GTFC takeover.

It’s as good a spot as any for anyone coming via Kings Cross on the train, but I imagine numbers might be limited due to issues getting home.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 74
Mariner Ronnie
September 11, 2019, 11:12pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from sydney
Cockfosters Tube to Earls Court
Then to Fulham Broadway
U can walk from Earls Court though about 25 mins

I’m gonna try do this, never used Cockfosters, is parking easy enough?

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 74
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › How are you getting to Chelsea ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.