1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Oly1987
September 11, 2019, 9:32am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,227
Gold Stars: 22
For me is turning into a pretty classy player with good holdup play and passing. Just as a thought could anyone see him slotting into that 'creative' midfielder role with someone like Rose or Wright filling in that extra forward spot in the wider position?
Logged Offline
Private Message
pizzzza
September 11, 2019, 9:49am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from Oly1987
For me is turning into a pretty classy player with good holdup play and passing. Just as a thought could anyone see him slotting into that 'creative' midfielder role with someone like Rose or Wright filling in that extra forward spot in the wider position?

No, at least not while we're playing 4-3-3. In that formation the 3 mids all have defensive duties, I don't see Moses fulfilling that role. Leave him in the front 3 where he can do most damage.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 3
Maringer
September 11, 2019, 10:11am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,412
Gold Stars: 184
I wonder if he might do well playing in the 'hole' behind the front two? 4-3-1-2.

He's very good at receiving and keeping possession of the ball and his passing and link up play was good last night. Passed it on more quickly than he has done previously and it helped the flow of the game.

One thing I wish he'd do is have a few more shots when he's skinned a defender and is facing just the keeper, even if his is at a slightly narrow angle. In the first half last night he wasted a shooting chance with a weak attempt at a cross, did the same on Saturday and seems to find himself in the box quite often without actually getting a shot away. If he was better at crossing, I wouldn't mind, but he doesn't generally find one of our players with them!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 3
marinerdazza
September 11, 2019, 10:31am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,780
Gold Stars: 81
I think we saw last Saturday that Ogbu is no defender.

I'm definitely a fan of his though. I think he'll have a great second half of the season, once he's settled and adjusted a bit more.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 3
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ogbu

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.