Private Message
Theimperialcoroner
September 11, 2019, 12:18am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -3
Approval: +5,087
Gold Stars: 93
Great save from Macca to win it.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 20
KingstonMariner
September 11, 2019, 1:10am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Aye not bad

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 20
psgmariner
September 11, 2019, 7:46am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,478
Gold Stars: 33
Max Wright's goal would've been so good. He really livened up what was a quite boring game.

Private Message
Reply: 3 - 20
Spatchcock
September 11, 2019, 9:27am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +32
Gold Stars: 10
Fantastic run by Max Wright. Unlucky he didn't score.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 20
cmackenzie4
September 11, 2019, 10:15am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.29
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,320
That run by Max Wright was superb, so unlucky not to score there 👍

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 20
Mrs Doyle
September 11, 2019, 9:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
If Max had scored after that superb solo run beating FIVE players we would have talked about that for years. What a phenominal piece of individual skill.

Yeah he could have squared it for Hanson to tap in but who could blame him for going for glory.

He is so talented hope he keeps it up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 20
chaos33
September 11, 2019, 9:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
If Max had scored after that superb solo run beating FIVE players we would have talked about that for years. What a phenominal piece of individual skill.

Yeah he could have squared it for Hason to tap in but who could blame him for going for glory.

He is so talented hope he keeps it up.

This

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 20
HackneyHaddock
September 12, 2019, 12:03am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
If you have the GTFC App, it's well worth re-watching the penalties with the JT/Sir Alan commentary.  Much better than the generic dubbed rubbish that normally ends up on there.

And while we're at it, is John Moore still doing his videos?  Having said that, I think it would be great to hear his understudy Graham giving a typically excitable reaction to the winning save.  "McKeown saves it.  And Town Win."

I think nearly all supporters would rather have clips with him on them than the shuffling papers and background noise of the recorded commentary.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 20
Mighty_Mariner
September 12, 2019, 12:24am
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from HackneyHaddock
If you have the GTFC App, it's well worth re-watching the penalties with the JT/Sir Alan commentary.  Much better than the generic dubbed rubbish that normally ends up on there.

And while we're at it, is John Moore still doing his videos?  Having said that, I think it would be great to hear his understudy Graham giving a typically excitable reaction to the winning save.  "McKeown saves it.  And Town Win."

I think nearly all supporters would rather have clips with him on them than the shuffling papers and background noise of the recorded commentary.

Is that available on free view with JT/AB commentary mate? I can only seem to find the ones with the generic commentator.

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 20
RichMariner
September 12, 2019, 9:39am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,109
Gold Stars: 204

Absolutely. I've been hoping the club can upload the highlights from the GTFC video crew because I'd much rather watch their edits of the match than the drivel iFollow churn out. I'm sure they're up there on the gantry every match.

(To be fair to Graham, he does occasionally come out with: "Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant."!)

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 10 - 20
KingstonMariner
September 12, 2019, 9:42pm
Meths Drinker

What app?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 20
Croxton
September 12, 2019, 10:25pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +2,933
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from KingstonMariner

What app?

On OS, click 'iFollow' then Mobile App below latest videos.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 20
KingstonMariner
September 12, 2019, 10:52pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Croxton

On OS, click 'iFollow' then Mobile App below latest videos.

Ah, cheers C. I think I'll pass on that given all I seem to hear are bad comments about iFollow. Or is that the wrong impression?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 20
Les Brechin
September 13, 2019, 8:56am

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,644
Gold Stars: 168

I've got the App but I can't see any other videos apart from the ones that are on the OS which are just the iFollow commentary.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 20
Mariner Timsky
September 13, 2019, 8:58am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,535
Gold Stars: 4
I think its good for 4.49 a month - I listen to the games that I can't attend and then you can watch the whole match back whenever you want - just for those two reasons its worth it - I mean what does 4.49 get you now days?? I might just get a pint for that round here!!  

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 20
Croxton
September 13, 2019, 9:00am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +2,933
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Ah, cheers C. I think I'll pass on that given all I seem to hear are bad comments about iFollow. Or is that the wrong impression?

Not had any problems so far but I haven't watched a game live yet. I wavered over the value considering so much goes to freeview. I assume though, that I at least get the full match playback as part of my £45 sub. The EFL highlights are free anyhow. Bit like my Senior railcard last year. Didn't know until the end of the season if the £30 fee had been worth it .

I did have an issue though with the minimal highlights of reserve and Youth games on the OS last year.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 20
buckstown
September 13, 2019, 9:08am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,120
Gold Stars: 77
I watched the Colchester game on ifollow and the quality was fine (not the game itself, that was cack) and JT and Buckley were commentating.
Only comment is that it cost £10 and you can get a sky day pass for £8.95 and watch a premier league game. Having said that you'll be supporting GTFC financially which is good
I-follow highlights are appalling, dubbed commentary and it freezes all the time. I understand other people have the same issue as I thought it was my antique laptop at first. As previous poster commented it's ok for £45 a year
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 20
KingstonMariner
September 13, 2019, 9:32pm
Meths Drinker
Cheers lads. I've been swayed in the past by all the comments about poor sound/losing commentary/getting the Scunny comentary or whatever. I need to stop being a tight get.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 20
psgmariner
September 15, 2019, 6:50am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,478
My only gripe with I follow commentary is the lag. The app sends me a notification of a goal (or someone tells me we’ve scored) whilst I’m listening to us about to take a corner or something! Kind of ruins the fun.

Private Message
Reply: 19 - 20
Mariner Timsky
September 15, 2019, 8:40am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,535
Gold Stars: 4
I hear you on that on!! If I’m ever listening to the town commentary I have to turn off all town related notifications - like you said it kind of spoils the fun!

If I’m not listening to the commentary and out and about or even at the game I’ll turn them back on

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 20
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Highlights

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.