HertsGTFC
September 7, 2019, 9:28pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,875
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from Croxton

Bit harsh to single him out when Green, Cooke, Mckeown and Whitehouse had such little impact. Crewe worked in groups, our forwards were isolated hence Ogbu closely marked.

Agree, clearly their scouts did a good job on us and their manager got his plan just right. I not going to criticise any player too heavily as they’ve been great this season so far.

I’ve said it in another thread Jolley should have changed the shape at half time to provide our full backs with a bit more cover.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 59
Croxton
September 7, 2019, 9:38pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Hagrid
Hard for Mckeown to have an impact from in goal

1. Improve and quicken distribution.

2. Fewer dashes out of his box.

3. Don't kneel down to shots on near post.

4. As skipper, wake up defence before second half kicks off.

5. Shorter replies to Q's on RH interviews!

Over a season, Macca is a top L2 keeper but is not immune to scrutiny like any other player.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 59
HertsGTFC
September 7, 2019, 10:34pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Croxton

1. Improve and quicken distribution.

2. Fewer dashes out of his box.

3. Don't kneel down to shots on near post.

4. As skipper, wake up defence before second half kicks off.

5. Shorter replies to Q's on RH interviews!

Over a season, Macca is a top L2 keeper but is not immune to scrutiny like any other player.

To be fair to the defence he’s not had a busy game at home yet so he can’t be judged on his keeping form.

Today his hoofs up field where poor in fact one gave Crewe the ball to attack and score.

I do t like any keeper coming a 3rd of the way up the field to take free kicks either.

All that said I still think he’s a great keeper and an even better club man.

No need to doubt him he has saved us loads of games we owe him a lot, he’s got loads in his “good will account” and I’d take him over any keeper at this level.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 59
Madeleymariner
September 8, 2019, 8:40am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,047
Gold Stars: 49
Quoted from Hagrid

What are you talking about he put it to the left and the keeper went the right way!?

Hanson just passes the ball into the net with little power relying on the keeper going down early, Ther keeper simply waited to see which way he put it and had a v simple save to make,, even if it was a few feet to his side.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 59
Madeleymariner
September 8, 2019, 8:40am

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Hagrid

What are you talking about he put it to the left and the keeper went the right way!?

Hanson just passes the ball into the net with little power relying on the keeper going down early, Ther keeper simply waited to see which way he put it and had a v simple save to make,, even if it was a few feet to his side.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 59
Madeleymariner
September 8, 2019, 8:42am

Vodka Drinker
I thought I'd make my point twice  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 59
HertsGTFC
September 8, 2019, 11:46am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Madeleymariner

Similar to the outfield players, their keeper clearly knew Hanson's style. Again good scouting from Crewe as I assume they had us watched at Walsall.    

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 59
September 8, 2019, 1:00pm
Guest User
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Similar to the outfield players, their keeper clearly knew Hanson's style. Again good scouting from Crewe as I assume they had us watched at Walsall.    

Saw an interview by the Crewe manager on Friday where he said he was aware of our weaknesses and would look to exploit them on Saturday.

Reply: 58 - 59
Gaffer58
September 8, 2019, 2:08pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,097
Gold Stars: 31
Just whatch the way Harry Kane takes a penalty, even if the goalie gets a hand to it he isn't going to stop it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 59
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Crewe Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.