September 4, 2019, 9:54am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,468
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from SalsaE70
Ha!... you wish.
The Golden Boys aren’t  going anywhere..... DC stated categorically after last night that Hudd are off the agenda and that the Sheff Wed approach was a surprise. Not going anywhere atm.
It’s refreshing to hear that some managers just want to finish something they have started and I applaud them for that view.
They will finish what they started and then go... good luck to them. If they carry on like this, the riches will follow...

This is a post to cut and paste for when the inevitable happens and the 'Golden Boys' leave, whether to Sheff Wed or wherever!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 24
SalsaE70
September 4, 2019, 10:08am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: -90
Gold Stars: 1
Ha!... no worries. Loving that you Cods want to speculate about our managers.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 24
pen penfras
September 4, 2019, 10:34am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -127
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from SalsaE70
Ha!... you wish.
The Golden Boys aren’t  going anywhere..... DC stated categorically after last night that Hudd are off the agenda and that the Sheff Wed approach was a surprise. Not going anywhere atm.
It’s refreshing to hear that some managers just want to finish something they have started and I applaud them for that view.
They will finish what they started and then go... good luck to them. If they carry on like this, the riches will follow...

When is their job considered finished?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 24
Malta_Mariner_90
September 4, 2019, 10:37am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +796
Quoted from SalsaE70
Ha!... no worries. Loving that you Cods want to speculate about our managers.

Makes you feel important?  

Seriously though I think Lincoln will be fine after the Cowleys leave, whenever that will prove to be. So long as the current owners/board continue how they are running the club.

Yes the manager has done wonders and got you to a position which would have been scarcely believable just three short years ago before their appointment but I do not think it will automatically mean your progress stops.

As a Town fan I just wish we had a board which were as forward looking and proactive as yours.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 24
diehardmariner
September 4, 2019, 10:59am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,544
Gold Stars: 537
I said on another thread that I thought when the Cowley's leave it'll be for a Championship club with ambitions to break into the Premiership but perhaps without the pressure to achieve it straight away.

I used Brentford as an example, but Sheffield Wednesday could be an even better shout.  I'm only looking in as an outsider so I don't know their financial picture or their ambitions (short or long-term).

The appeal of Sheffield Wednesday is vastly different to that of Huddersfield.  Wednesday are (to use a term we used to mock them with when we were rivals in the early 2000's) a massive club, absolutely massive.  Like Leeds, they should be top half of the Premiership with ambitions of punching a bit higher.  Huddersfield haven't been a big club in nearly 100 years.  Their recent flirt with the elite was just that, they soon came crashing back down and I doubt they'll return to that level in a long time.

If Wednesday offer the Cowley's the job, with the infrastructure and time to really build something, they would be stupid to turn it down.  With all the will in the world, Lincoln will never be as big as Wednesday.  
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 24
Abdul19
September 6, 2019, 1:51pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,552
Gold Stars: 215
Well that didn't happen

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 24
promotion plaice
September 6, 2019, 2:00pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from Abdul19
Well that didn't happen

Yeah, Garry Monk set to be named new Owls boss.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 24
marinerdazza
September 6, 2019, 2:16pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,848
Gold Stars: 82
Garry Monk will be sacked by the transfer window.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 24
psgmariner
September 6, 2019, 2:24pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Big step up from this is England...

Private Message
Reply: 18 - 24
barrattstandman
September 6, 2019, 5:44pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +477
Gold Stars: 17
Another run of the mill managers doing the rounds and earning a fortune getting sacked .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 24
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Sheff Wednesday

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.