This thread currently has 17,381 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Rik e B
September 4, 2019, 2:58am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Bragging rights? Kick started Scunnys season? No, it's a nothing game in a nothing competition. Let Scunnys worry about Scunnys while we rotate our squad playing Saturday Tuesday Saturday Tuesday for the foreseeable saving our best players for the games that matter.

If I had to endure the lame banter of a Scunt bestowing his bragging rights at work tomorrow I'd simply laugh in his face.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 73
golfer
September 4, 2019, 6:22am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,418
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from Grimbiggs
This was a golden opportunity for the likes of Cardwell, Wright , Vernam and Rose, and overall they were all very poor, none of them look like challenging for a first team start...as for the youngsters Starbuck grow into the game, and looks promising...a game nobody really cared about, but it's kick-started Scunny's season...UTM

Agree. These 4 were very poor and considering that they are on the fringe of the first team left me very disappointed. From what I saw on the night Vernham and Cardwell don't see what's going on around them. Rose clearly wasn't fit and seemed injured after every tackle and Wright was knocked off the ball too easily. Don't think anything positive was gained from this game-it could have been used in a completely different way but instead was a complete waste of time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 73
lukeo
September 4, 2019, 6:57am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,355
Gold Stars: 143
It wasn't a waste of time at all. It gave the main 11 a rest. Simple as that. It also gave MJ a chance to see the others and it also have 5 graduates a chance to grace the pitch.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 73
scrumble
September 4, 2019, 7:16am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +983
Gold Stars: 10
I've been on the scunts Facebook page to have a chuckle at them over reacting to last night's result. Christ, you'd think they'd win league.

That aside, the funniest thing is they're all going on about having a UTI. God knows what they've all been doing to have Urinary Tract Infections, I can only assume its to do with everyone taking the urine out of them.

Byddwn ond yn canu pan fyddwn yn pysgota
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 73
golfer
September 4, 2019, 7:45am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,418
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from lukeo
It wasn't a waste of time at all. It gave the main 11 a rest. Simple as that. It also gave MJ a chance to see the others and it also have 5 graduates a chance to grace the pitch.

So you are for this competition then ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 73
diehardmariner
September 4, 2019, 11:11am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,428
Gold Stars: 532
Quoted from GollyGTFC
Just checked the rule and you are supposed to select 4 "qualifying" outfield players.

7.4.1 - Hewitt
7.4.4 - Ring
7.4.5 - Gibson & Robson

I think that makes up the 4.

Would Ring's games in Sweden count towards forty?    I think Russell will count for that criteria though.

Either way, good to see Jolley treating the competition as nothing more than an opportunity to give fringe players/young lads a run out but no real concern for the result.

Private Message
Reply: 65 - 73
Madeleymariner
September 4, 2019, 12:30pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,048
Gold Stars: 49
Having watched that last night, got say I cant see Vernam or Cardwell having much of a career in league football. I can pass and finish better than both of them. Ring and Pollock played well and Starbuck did OK for a youngster. The rest were ok but I suppose if nearly everyone around you is also inexperienced at first team level or unfit its harder for them all.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 73
FishOutOfWater
September 4, 2019, 1:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from golfer

Agree. These 4 were very poor and considering that they are on the fringe of the first team left me very disappointed. From what I saw on the night Vernham and Cardwell don't see what's going on around them. Rose clearly wasn't fit and seemed injured after every tackle and Wright was knocked off the ball too easily. Don't think anything positive was gained from this game-it could have been used in a completely different way but instead was a complete waste of time.

Just returning from being out injured..... maybe both physically and psychologically he wasn't ever going to be a major influencer last night

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 67 - 73
Les Brechin
September 4, 2019, 1:31pm

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,693
Gold Stars: 174
What sort of reception did PH get last night?

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 73
Croxton
September 4, 2019, 1:47pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 33
If the extended highlights were the best moments the edited bits must have been dross. Context is key and I would not judge too much from what was a cross between a preseason friendly and a training session. They might as well have played in bibs. I listened to the commentary but that sounded like a matey RH session at Docks Beers. Some of Tom Newey's contributions were useful as he knows both clubs. Just a sideshow.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 73
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Scunny Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.