6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
mariner83
September 2, 2019, 7:53pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
[url=https://m.facebook.com/watch/?v=520788335393127&_rdr] Hurst on his time at Town[/url]

Logged Offline
Site Private Message
StickfordMariner
September 2, 2019, 8:07pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +366
Gold Stars: 12
Might get fully red crossed but it was a very honest an open interview. Got the impression he still holds the club in high regards and although people will say it took far to long he did eventually get us promoted an got a lot of unity between fans and the squad......up until the Chris Doig I know nothing show. Thanks for getting us promoted Paul but we now have a manager who is taking us to higher places!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 50
Bristol Mariner
September 2, 2019, 8:11pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from mariner83
[url=https://m.facebook.com/watch/?v=520788335393127&_rdr] Hurst on his time at Town[/url]

Fair enough, speaks well and truthfully.

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 50
IlkleyMariner
September 2, 2019, 8:16pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +2,977
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from Bristol Mariner

Fair enough, speaks well and truthfully.

Time to let go
He's a pleasant chap and got us there eventually
Prefer him to Boris Johnson and Donald Trump.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 50
Les Brechin
September 2, 2019, 8:16pm

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,688
Gold Stars: 174
Decent honest interview.

Came across better than a lot of interviews he gave when he was Town manager.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 50
Fishy clapper
September 2, 2019, 8:18pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +78
Gold Stars: 14
Once a dwarf always a dwarf
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 50
wigworld
September 2, 2019, 8:19pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
Less bitter and twisted than he's seemed in previous interviews.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 6 - 50
Spidey
September 2, 2019, 8:20pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +372
Gold Stars: 4
Interesting interview, I see he doesn't regret cupping his ear!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 50
Hagrid
September 2, 2019, 8:21pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,369
Gold Stars: 527
Good interview. Interesting about the RS bit. Always liked hurst and still do, wish him well
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 50
Grim up north
September 2, 2019, 8:26pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +688
Gold Stars: 1
He gave us one of the best away days v Forest Green and improved us year on year. Think he could've just admitted the ear cupping was wrong but hey ho still a good interview. Thanks for the memories Paul no stick from me, and if you take the Scunts down I won't want anything for xmas.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 50
MuddyWaters
September 2, 2019, 8:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Properly fell out with Scott then!
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 50
headingly_mariner
September 2, 2019, 8:46pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,314
Gold Stars: 113
That’s a really good interview. Surprised he was so open about Town considering he’s now managing Scunny.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 50
toontown
September 2, 2019, 9:42pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,248
Gold Stars: 70
Fair play that is as open and honest an interview as you could ask for in modern football when your now the manager of local rivals and at the bottom of the league.
90%+ of managers would have wrapped it up after 30 seconds with a "i dont want to talk about Grimsby, i'm now the manager of Scunthorpe so that's where my focus is, I'm not thinking about the past" type comment.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 50
Poojah
September 2, 2019, 9:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,415
Gold Stars: 1,498
I think it’s probably fair to say that neither Paul Hurst nor our fan base fully appreciated what they had when he was here.

I’m currently very happy with the direction Michael Jolley is taking us, but there’s no doubt whatsoever that Hurst did a monumentally better job for this club than his two successors in Bignot and Slade. Yes, you can argue he should have got us promoted sooner but as he points out we were on the receiving end of some shocking officiating at key times in big games.

Likewise, I think Hurst has also learned from his experiences at Ipswich and now Scunny that there will always be dissenting voices when things aren’t going so well on the pitch. It’s not a ‘Grimsby’ thing, and it seems now that he at least appreciates that our support went above and beyond to try and help get us back in the league with the likes of OP and our away followings in general. I do think there’s something special about this club and it’s fans.

Sadly, when he talks about looking forward to the derby games in the league, there’s a look in his eye that suggests he knows he may well not make it that far...

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 50
grimsby pete
September 2, 2019, 10:45pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
Very good interview if he spoke like that when at town he might not have had so many crictics

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 50
Fishy clapper
September 2, 2019, 11:09pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +78
Gold Stars: 14
Judging by the X’s we must have more than our fair share of midgets on the fishy
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 50
Swansea_Mariner
September 2, 2019, 11:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,431
Gold Stars: 63
Is a good interview, he comes across well, I like him. He was in charge  of us at a very difficult time, yes I think he took longer than he should have to get promotion, but equally he did not get the rub of the green against  Gateshead or Rovers.

Sad that it sounds that his friendship with Scott completely  broke down.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 50
Oly1987
September 3, 2019, 4:43am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,227
Gold Stars: 22
Nice to see him speak so nicely about the club especially when he is now managing one of our rivals. I get him getting frustrated about not getting certain things especially as this then continued with bignot having the same complaints. As for us being a great club to get into full time management I hope that Jolly will get the same experience from managing us. Great to see he doesnt harbour any Ill will towards the club or the fans and couldn't big up Towns support enough.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 50
1mickylyons
September 3, 2019, 7:02am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
One of his better interviews from one of our better Manager`s whilst I was never a huge fan due to his cautious nature especially at home he made us a very difficult team to beat and is one of only 3 Manager`s in my 40 years to get us promoted.In my opinion he should have enough about him to turn Scunny around and get them going but he looks very downbeat to the point he fears the Grimsby Reaper
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 50
GtfcGarner
September 3, 2019, 7:29am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +31 / -13
Approval: +1,788
Gold Stars: 26
The way he speaks about us the twinkle in his eye is that he kind of misses us and the team we had. I'd be furious as a Scunthorpe fan but it's kind of made my anger to Hursty a little less so, wish he would of been so open when he was managing us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 50
dapperz fun pub
September 3, 2019, 7:34am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
Boring , drab , relegation , out his depth , clueless .......just a few of the words used to describe hurst from Scunthorpe supporting work colleagues. Can’t wait to point out this interview to them 😀 if they haven’t already seen it that is , I’m sure they will be loving the fact he could spend so much time talking about us 🤔
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 50
SomeSanity
September 3, 2019, 7:58am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +855
Gold Stars: 1
The rise and fall of Paul Hurst reminds me a lot of Russell Slade’s but a lot faster. A poor performance from his side tonight  May well earn the  man another P 45.

Grateful for his contribution to our club, but time to move on..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 50
Jarmo.Is.God
September 3, 2019, 8:18am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
The thing with Hurst and Scunthorpe is, that when a team are desperately on a downward spiral, it's hard to stop that.

Look at Nathan Jones at Stoke...

Hurst is a good manager, and I thank him for getting us out that league, I don't care how long it took.
I can't stand Doig.

But we are in a better place now than when he left.

MJ & AL are doing wonders here, and managing to turn a club on another downward spiral around, and I think Hurst will do that with Scunthorpe, if Swann gives him time, like Fenty has Jolley
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 50
dapperz fun pub
September 3, 2019, 8:26am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
I take on board he ultimately got us up but at no point did we challenge for the title , we choked plenty of times in big games ( Wembley & play offs ) and his refusal to change tactics when it was going wrong bored me stupid. I would say he was professional in his approach day to day but that’s a given in my eyes but obviously not in every case. All in all I’m glad he’s at scunny and not managing us
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 50
Hagrid
September 3, 2019, 8:40am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
I take on board he ultimately got us up but at no point did we challenge for the title , we choked plenty of times in big games ( Wembley & play offs ) and his refusal to change tactics when it was going wrong bored me stupid. I would say he was professional in his approach day to day but that’s a given in my eyes but obviously not in every case. All in all I’m glad he’s at scunny and not managing us

that's not the case, we played well away at Gateshead and we were done over by terrible refereeing, the same in the Wembley final against Bristol Rovers, a ref that could do his job would have seen us win that game ( and we played well)

We were also challenging for the title in 2013, we was top at Christmas, unfortunately falling away
i'd have him back in a heartbeat but all about opinions isn't it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 50
Malta_Mariner_90
September 3, 2019, 9:04am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Approval: +796
Quoted from Hagrid

that's not the case, we played well away at Gateshead and we were done over by terrible refereeing, the same in the Wembley final against Bristol Rovers, a ref that could do his job would have seen us win that game ( and we played well)

We were also challenging for the title in 2013, we was top at Christmas, unfortunately falling away

Just out of interest would you have him back now? Over Jolley?

For me Hurst's level is max L1 due to the fact that he only has one plan as a manager "keep us shape". He was often tactically out thought by Semi Pro sides managers in the conference at Blundell Park.

He did well for us in getting us back on track and stabilizing a sinking ship, for that he deserves a lot of credit. But I think the troubles he is facing at Scunny show that he is limited as a manager. He needs to create that siege mentality to be successful with a really tight knit squad. With the current crop of relegated wasters at Scunny he cannot do it.

Myself I am taking no satisfaction in seeing him struggle as I do appreciate that he was the manager who potentially stopped the rot before it was too late, if he had any sort of personality at all, instead of being possibly the most dull Yorkie in history, he would have been one of the most popular managers for a long time at Town.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 50
mariner91
September 3, 2019, 9:10am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,569
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from Hagrid

We were unfortunate with the reffing decisions but we definitely didn't play well and we'd played pretty poorly in the first game too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 50
Hagrid
September 3, 2019, 9:23am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Malta_Mariner_90

Just out of interest would you have him back now? Over Jolley?

For me Hurst's level is max L1 due to the fact that he only has one plan as a manager "keep us shape". He was often tactically out thought by Semi Pro sides managers in the conference at Blundell Park.

He did well for us in getting us back on track and stabilizing a sinking ship, for that he deserves a lot of credit. But I think the troubles he is facing at Scunny show that he is limited as a manager. He needs to create that siege mentality to be successful with a really tight knit squad. With the current crop of relegated wasters at Scunny he cannot do it.

Myself I am taking no satisfaction in seeing him struggle as I do appreciate that he was the manager who potentially stopped the rot before it was too late, if he had any sort of personality at all, instead of being possibly the most dull Yorkie in history, he would have been one of the most popular managers for a long time at Town.

At this present moment no i wouldnt. So i should have worded it better, i like what MJ is doing at the moment
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 50
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
September 3, 2019, 9:27am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Hagrid

How soon we forget. That was the case. Hurst has never been a one game tactician. How many times did pub teams come to BP and park the bus and Town did nothing but lump the ball up to LJL or whoever? What tactics did he have in the promotion season apart from a huge diagonal lump from RB to LW so his mate could try and nod it on. We had the only left wing target man in the business and it was not until he was injured that we looked more like a side with a few ideas and actually won. What other manager would bloody-mindedly persevere with a loan striker who failed to score for more than a dozen games while keeping a player like Bogle or Podge on the bench?

He did well at Shrewsbury and cleverly left before he had to do the hard work of fulfilling expectations. He was found wanting again at Ipswich, perhaps the level was too high. He has been a bit unfortunate down the road but given a 3 or 4 years might be able to turn that round. He should have given a good interview, Grimsby is the only place he has struck lucky.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 50
pen penfras
September 3, 2019, 9:34am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -128
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from mariner91

We were unfortunate with the reffing decisions but we definitely didn't play well and we'd played pretty poorly in the first game too.

Not how I remember it. Their keeper had a worldie at BP and they scored from a Mckeown howler. The second leg we were absolutely hammering them, even with 10 men. The second sending off was when they really got on top. The stats from the second leg don't agree with my memory, but I seem to think a lot of their chances were in the last 10 minutes when we were chasing the game.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/27193081
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 50
oochiad
September 3, 2019, 9:37am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,675
Gold Stars: 27
Monkhouse............I still shudder at the thought.......
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 50
Malta_Mariner_90
September 3, 2019, 9:38am
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from Hagrid

At this present moment no i wouldnt. So i should have worded it better, i like what MJ is doing at the moment

Sorry I should have figured from your original post that you did not literally mean you would have him back at this very moment!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 50
Jarmo.Is.God
September 3, 2019, 10:18am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from oochiad
Monkhouse............I still shudder at the thought.......

Really?

The guy was an extremely professional player, who was used as a target man for the hoof ball, not his fault.

I've said it before, but we've had a lot worse
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 50
Civvy at last
September 3, 2019, 10:27am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +36 / -13
Approval: +12,200
Gold Stars: 131
Interesting to hear him say he left because Grimsby as a club weren’t progressing once we got back in the league. And I think it’s been well documented what he meant. So let’s not turn this into a JF bashing please.  He then said  it I’m sure they’re progressing now. But (genuine question), in terms of backroom staff, facilities etc, what has MJ got that PH didn’t have ?

The wife was going away for a girly weekend.
I jokingly remarked  'I don't know whether to spend it watching porn or watching football'
'you may as well spend it watching porn' she replied
That's understanding darling what makes you say that? I asked

She said 'Well you already know how to play football'  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 50
Mariner_09
September 3, 2019, 10:38am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from pen penfras

Not how I remember it. Their keeper had a worldie at BP and they scored from a Mckeown howler. The second leg we were absolutely hammering them, even with 10 men. The second sending off was when they really got on top. The stats from the second leg don't agree with my memory, but I seem to think a lot of their chances were in the last 10 minutes when we were chasing the game.

Even with the 10 men if Macca hadn’t chucked that one in early doors we’d have won that afternoon. I remember the red card looked to galvanise us, despite the ridiculousness of it. We also could’ve been out of sight after the first leg. How we lost that tie still baffles me now.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 50
mariner91
September 3, 2019, 11:57am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,569
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from pen penfras

First leg perhaps I was overly harsh, I can only really remember coming out being bitterly disappointed about the result. Second leg we were poor. Their first did come from a McKeown howler but neither side had done anything of note in the first half. Second half we were battering them but only once we'd gone down to ten men which seemed to spur the players on somewhat. We had a 15 minute spell where we were well on top at that point but obviously the second sending off did for us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 50
Cod Cheeks
September 3, 2019, 12:06pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +374
Quoted from wigworld
Less bitter and twisted than he's seemed in previous interviews.

That's because he's on the back foot now
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 50
Malta_Mariner_90
September 3, 2019, 12:14pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from Civvy at last
He then said  it I’m sure they’re progressing now. But (genuine question), in terms of backroom staff, facilities etc, what has MJ got that PH didn’t have ?

Didn't we buy some washing machines or something after Jolley came in so the players don't have to wash their own kit?

Maybe Hurst had to do all the washing when he was here!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 50
devs
September 3, 2019, 2:11pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,982
Gold Stars: 30
Great interview
Very revealing - has a lot more to say about Scott I think, but probably not worth it

Good to know he has no hard feelings over his departure - but most managers would say that cos it's not wise to burn bridges

I think he is more a players manager than a fans manager - the squad was very tight knit and very loyal to Hurst

And I'd rather have that than someone trying to please the fans all the time and overseeing a club in decline

Did a great job at GTFC - and I wish him all the best (apart from when Scunny play us)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 50
Les Brechin
September 3, 2019, 2:58pm

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,688
Gold Stars: 174
So, which one of you that is going tonight is going to get the message to Agent Hurst to let him know what a great job he's doing at the minute?

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 50
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
September 3, 2019, 3:22pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Les Brechin
So, which one of you that is going tonight is going to get the message to Agent Hurst to let him know what a great job he's doing at the minute?

Someone who knows the sign language for “Speak up, I can’t hear you very well.”?

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 50
KingstonMariner
September 3, 2019, 10:04pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
He'll have to do a lot more ear cupping at Scunny. There's so few there I bet you can't hear the crowd over the sound of the ball being kicked.

Anyway, Hursty's looking relaxed. Nice interview. Found myself warming to the oldbugger.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 50
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
September 4, 2019, 11:09am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner
He'll have to do a lot more ear cupping at Scunny. There's so few there I bet you can't hear the crowd over the sound of the ball being kicked.

Anyway, Hursty's looking relaxed. Nice interview. Found myself warming to the oldbugger.

Are you sure you feel OK?  

Private Message
Reply: 42 - 50
KingstonMariner
September 4, 2019, 1:35pm
Meths Drinker

Are you sure you feel OK?  

I think it was something I ate.😆

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 50
TownSNAFU5
September 5, 2019, 10:38am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,840
Gold Stars: 42
When asked if getting Grimsby back into the League was his greatest achievement, he could have mentioned taking Shrewsbury from bottom (literally) to top of Div 1 for most of the following season.

He could possibly have taken them into the Championship if success in cup games had not impacted on league results.  (It would have been an outstanding achievement to take a small club into the Championship these days).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 50
RonMariner
September 5, 2019, 9:47pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.41
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,535
Gold Stars: 224
Good interview, it's clear that he still  has respect for the club and most of the fans.

So as far as I am concerned we should all move on. He is not the pantomime villain that some have painted him.

But that said, he has gone over to the dark side with the Scunts. So I can't, with hand on heart, wish him well in that role.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 50
KingstonMariner
September 5, 2019, 10:18pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from RonMariner
Good interview, it's clear that he still  has respect for the club and most of the fans.

So as far as I am concerned we should all move on. He is not the pantomime villain that some have painted him.

But that said, he has gone over to the dark side with the Scunts. So I can't, with hand on heart, wish him well in that role.

Oh yes he is!

Had to be done  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 50
forza ivano
September 5, 2019, 10:37pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Oh yes he is!

Had to be done  

Oh no he isnt!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 50
Rik e B
September 5, 2019, 10:37pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
He's behind you!!

Oh no he isntl (cups ears)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 50
KingstonMariner
September 6, 2019, 12:19am
Meths Drinker
Here comes AlanDin's mum Old Mother Shutup the pantomime dame.

"Where's that boy? I hope he doesn't come back here bringing 110,000 Magic Beans from the market again. It's absolutely no good to man nor beast. And I didn't use any of it to buy that dusty old lamp which had the genie Omar inside."

AlanDin: "Look mum! There's the woodsman Jack Plenty, chopping down the old benignstalk to half its height."

Jack: "I bet that that Tom Thumbs can't do that. Thinks he can waltz in here and become Custodian of Glumsby's forest. Wants to make a new forest clearing near the harbour! What a dreamer. Everyone knows the clearing should be made near the village of Nimby and Wheelbarrow Woods, where there's more space. Thumbs cannot prove he has enough magic benigns to buy a new axe if the old one is blunt."

Town Cryer enters stage and stands between King Russell the Bald and Jack: "Hear ye, hear ye! Ye King met former royal guard Sir Curtis de Maison-Bois to talk about being a minister."

King Russell: Upon my troth that's a lie! Banish that man! Banish Dean Matthews.

Dean Matthews the Town Cryer: But I have it on good authority. I was at a meeting and the royal judge advocate was there.

Judge Knight: I was there your majesty.

King Russell: Why didst no man telleth me this? Findeth me that Knave John Boriston. I need his counsel on how to get out of tricky spots like this.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 50
Rik e B
September 6, 2019, 7:06am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Please don't stop, I want to know what happens next 😅
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 50
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Paul Hurst interview

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.