TheRonRaffertyFanClub
September 3, 2019, 3:22pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Les Brechin
So, which one of you that is going tonight is going to get the message to Agent Hurst to let him know what a great job he's doing at the minute?

Someone who knows the sign language for “Speak up, I can’t hear you very well.”?

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 50
KingstonMariner
September 3, 2019, 10:04pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
He'll have to do a lot more ear cupping at Scunny. There's so few there I bet you can't hear the crowd over the sound of the ball being kicked.

Anyway, Hursty's looking relaxed. Nice interview. Found myself warming to the oldbugger.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 50
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
September 4, 2019, 11:09am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from KingstonMariner
He'll have to do a lot more ear cupping at Scunny. There's so few there I bet you can't hear the crowd over the sound of the ball being kicked.

Anyway, Hursty's looking relaxed. Nice interview. Found myself warming to the oldbugger.

Are you sure you feel OK?  

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 50
KingstonMariner
September 4, 2019, 1:35pm
Meths Drinker

Are you sure you feel OK?  

I think it was something I ate.😆

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 50
TownSNAFU5
September 5, 2019, 10:38am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,773
Gold Stars: 41
When asked if getting Grimsby back into the League was his greatest achievement, he could have mentioned taking Shrewsbury from bottom (literally) to top of Div 1 for most of the following season.

He could possibly have taken them into the Championship if success in cup games had not impacted on league results.  (It would have been an outstanding achievement to take a small club into the Championship these days).
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 50
RonMariner
September 5, 2019, 9:47pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,009
Gold Stars: 216
Good interview, it's clear that he still  has respect for the club and most of the fans.

So as far as I am concerned we should all move on. He is not the pantomime villain that some have painted him.

But that said, he has gone over to the dark side with the Scunts. So I can't, with hand on heart, wish him well in that role.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 50
KingstonMariner
September 5, 2019, 10:18pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from RonMariner
Good interview, it's clear that he still  has respect for the club and most of the fans.

So as far as I am concerned we should all move on. He is not the pantomime villain that some have painted him.

But that said, he has gone over to the dark side with the Scunts. So I can't, with hand on heart, wish him well in that role.

Oh yes he is!

Had to be done  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 50
forza ivano
September 5, 2019, 10:37pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +73 / -18
Approval: +15,138
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Oh yes he is!

Had to be done  

Oh no he isnt!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 50
Rik e B
September 5, 2019, 10:37pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
He's behind you!!

Oh no he isntl (cups ears)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 50
KingstonMariner
September 6, 2019, 12:19am
Meths Drinker
Here comes AlanDin's mum Old Mother Shutup the pantomime dame.

"Where's that boy? I hope he doesn't come back here bringing 110,000 Magic Beans from the market again. It's absolutely no good to man nor beast. And I didn't use any of it to buy that dusty old lamp which had the genie Omar inside."

AlanDin: "Look mum! There's the woodsman Jack Plenty, chopping down the old benignstalk to half its height."

Jack: "I bet that that Tom Thumbs can't do that. Thinks he can waltz in here and become Custodian of Glumsby's forest. Wants to make a new forest clearing near the harbour! What a dreamer. Everyone knows the clearing should be made near the village of Nimby and Wheelbarrow Woods, where there's more space. Thumbs cannot prove he has enough magic benigns to buy a new axe if the old one is blunt."

Town Cryer enters stage and stands between King Russell the Bald and Jack: "Hear ye, hear ye! Ye King met former royal guard Sir Curtis de Maison-Bois to talk about being a minister."

King Russell: Upon my troth that's a lie! Banish that man! Banish Dean Matthews.

Dean Matthews the Town Cryer: But I have it on good authority. I was at a meeting and the royal judge advocate was there.

Judge Knight: I was there your majesty.

King Russell: Why didst no man telleth me this? Findeth me that Knave John Boriston. I need his counsel on how to get out of tricky spots like this.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 50
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Paul Hurst interview

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.