7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Bigdog
September 2, 2019, 7:31am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Would like a CM in definitely, an injury or two and we'll be really struggling in that department..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 66
supertown
September 2, 2019, 8:23am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,439
Gold Stars: 53
Just had my deadline movement 💩
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 66
Teesknees
September 2, 2019, 8:34am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,596
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from supertown
Just had my deadline movement 💩

Something going out, rather than something coming in I hope!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 66
golfer
September 2, 2019, 8:38am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from Davec

What is unrealistic about what I posted? Somebody with similar style of play as Jamey Osborne would do, loan or otherwise, why can't we afford somebody like that when we afforded Jamey Osborne a couple of years ago?

Ignore them-they are only jealous that your football knowledge is far greater than theirs
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 66
Hagrid
September 2, 2019, 8:50am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,383
Gold Stars: 532
Quoted from Davec

What is unrealistic about what I posted? Somebody with similar style of play as Jamey Osborne would do, loan or otherwise, why can't we afford somebody like that when we afforded Jamey Osborne a couple of years ago?

We got 1 million from the Bogle sale. Saying that osborne is back in non league so..... i would like a player that can do what you said but so does every team in every league, and we have to be realistic
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 66
rancido
September 2, 2019, 9:38am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Hagrid

You do realise we are a league two side with a lower mid table budget dont you?

You are obviously in the " know " so what is our playing budget? Also what are the budgets of all the other teams in our league so that we can make a comparison?

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 66
Croxton
September 2, 2019, 9:56am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33
Rory Holden, Walsall's young loanee from Bristol City was their standout player on Saturday. Left footed, quick, able to go past full backs and willing to track back. His athleticism and comfort on the ball was way above L2.
Young one on the way up, a la Embo, please.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 66
Hagrid
September 2, 2019, 10:00am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,383
Gold Stars: 532
Quoted from rancido
[/b]

You are obviously in the " know " so what is our playing budget? Also what are the budgets of all the other teams in our league so that we can make a comparison?

Not “ in the know”. But we arent for a second going to have a big budget and you know that as well as i do so stop being difficult
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 66
GollyGTFC
September 2, 2019, 10:05am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,977
Gold Stars: 356
I think we need a quality defensive midfielder. Would allow Hess some freedom to get forward more. I think he’s a bit wasted playing the anchor role. He’s good at it, but I think he’s more of a threat going forward.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 38 - 66
mariner91
September 2, 2019, 10:14am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,627
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from GollyGTFC
I think we need a quality defensive midfielder. Would allow Hess some freedom to get forward more. I think he’s a bit wasted playing the anchor role. He’s good at it, but I think he’s more of a threat going forward.

I wouldn't mind getting someone in who can play the holding role purely because Clifton, Cook and Whitehouse definitely can't do it so if something were to happen to Hess, God forbid, then we'd be playing Hewitt there. Who isn't terrible but is significantly less effective than Hess plus we'd then lose his crossing from out wide which is one of our main attacking strengths when we've got Hanson in the box.

On the subject of Hess, he really needs tying down with an improved contract.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 66
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Deadline Movement

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.