7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
sisapon
September 1, 2019, 7:57pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +0 / -3
Approval: -247
Gold Stars: 1
cardwell to hereford with is mate sludge.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 66
mariner91
September 1, 2019, 8:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,606
Gold Stars: 260
Has to be Cardwell out on loan surely? By my reckoning there are 6 forward players ahead of him. Whereas we are light in midfield and I doubt we'd let Ring go when Gibson's fitness is questionable.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 66
Lincoln Mariner 56
September 1, 2019, 8:37pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,685
Gold Stars: 73
Quoted from SalsaE70
Sure the Imps can loan you a couple.....

Was told by a Lincoln fan who is heavily involved in bringing “imp legends” back to the club that we tried (for the second year running) to sign Michael O’Connor in the summer. Lincoln would also probably let Lee Frecklington go out on loan but his injury is I understand probably one that could see the end of his professional career. Hope that’s not the case as played golf for years with his grandad and football with his dad and uncle plus he lives in our village and is a genuinely nice guy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 66
MuddyWaters
September 1, 2019, 8:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Was told by a Lincoln fan who is heavily involved in bringing “imp legends” back to the club that we tried (for the second year running) to sign Michael O’Connor in the summer. Lincoln would also probably let Lee Frecklington go out on loan but his injury is I understand probably one that could see the end of his professional career. Hope that’s not the case as played golf for years with his grandad and football with his dad and uncle plus he lives in our village and is a genuinely nice guy.

Was told the same. O’Connor agreed his new deal on the basis that he would be playing regularly, otherwise he would move (allegedly!)
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 66
lukeo
September 1, 2019, 8:55pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 145
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Don't feel ashamed of liking an opponents player or fans. I've never hated lincoln or classed them as a hated rival since the bike ride and football matches we played against their fans all those years ago..... Scunthorpe on the other hand, I don't know why but I don't like them. (awaits mariners 83 to comment something sarcastic)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 66
Lincoln Mariner 56
September 1, 2019, 9:06pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,685
Gold Stars: 73
Quoted from lukeo

Don't feel ashamed of liking an opponents player or fans. I've never hated lincoln or classed them as a hated rival since the bike ride and football matches we played against their fans all those years ago..... Scunthorpe on the other hand, I don't know why but I don't like them. (awaits mariners 83 to comment something sarcastic)

I grew up in Rasen so you were either an Imp or a Mariner I was one of the lucky ones and became a black and white. Having lived in Lincoln, now a village just outside, I have become friends with a number of Lincoln players, mainly through working at the same place as their wives/girlfriends but still want them to get beat. In Rasen nobody supported Scunny so personally I never had the dislike for them that clearly exists in many Grimbarians. However, there are 3 Scunny season ticket holders who frequent our village pub so having some delightful Saturday nights so far this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 66
LH
September 1, 2019, 9:16pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,495
Gold Stars: 173
I worked with a few Lincoln fans in Coningsby in our shared time in the Conference (i.e before they were good!) and they are very civil and proper football people. Yes around the derbies the banter and rivalry intensified but I still talk to them regularly and we’ve both been complimentary and critical of each others teams and accepted it. We always agreed that it’s rivalry and not hatred and that our truest rivals are the PL top six who take more fans off local clubs than local rivals these days.

The one and only Scunny fan I have ever encountered in a working environment was a complete twit who turned instantly when he found out I was a Town fan. A very strange individual as they were comfortably better than us at the time.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 66
Davec
September 1, 2019, 9:38pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
For me I would like 2 in, certainly a centre mid who can create chances, carry the ball and make runs off the ball that is the priority.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 66
Davec
September 1, 2019, 9:39pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from Davec
For me I would like 2 in, certainly a centre mid who can create chances, carry the ball and make runs off the ball that is the priority.

Interesting there seems to be nobody claiming to be in the know and saying he's heard we are signing this player or that player
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 66
lew chaterleys lover
September 1, 2019, 9:43pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,694
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Davec

Interesting there seems to be nobody claiming to be in the know and saying he's heard we are signing this player or that player

It is a sign of madness, talking to yourself.  
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 66
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Deadline Movement

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.