2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
chipsandgravy
September 1, 2019, 4:43pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,586
Gold Stars: 35
Nice to get praise from the opposition and more importantly they were magnanimous in defeat. More refreshingly no "we should beat the likes of" posts.  

"A word for Grimsby today. Fair play to them and there 700 or so fans… A long journey surprised they brought so many.
Having been to all games home and away so far I thought they were the best team we have played … Pretty solid in defence and carry a threat up front with Hanson and clinical in front of goal.will be there or there abouts I thinks".
Logged Online
Private Message
blackandwhitelaces
September 1, 2019, 5:27pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +152

made in cleethorpes
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 14
CodHead
September 1, 2019, 5:48pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +169
Can’t beat the likes of Grimsby at home. Who does he think they are Barcelona
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 14
Marinerz93
September 1, 2019, 7:22pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from chipsandgravy
Nice to get praise from the opposition and more importantly they were magnanimous in defeat. More refreshingly no "we should beat the likes of" posts.  

"A word for Grimsby today. Fair play to them and there 700 or so fans… A long journey surprised they brought so many.
Having been to all games home and away so far I thought they were the best team we have played … Pretty solid in defence and carry a threat up front with Hanson and clinical in front of goal.will be there or there abouts I thinks".

I suggest you listen in at 1:10 So with only one win against Northampton on the opening day, how are you evaluating the start of the season, it's worrying, if we can't beat the likes of Grimsby and we are losing 3-1 to Grimsby is it non league next for us.  

Well it could be saddle bags if you lose to the Scunts

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 14
mariner91
September 1, 2019, 8:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,580
Gold Stars: 260
The likes of Grimsby?! You support Walsall pal. You've spent 10 seasons above L1 since WW2. I know we've had a big slump recently but come on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 14
lew chaterleys lover
September 1, 2019, 8:16pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,661
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from mariner91
The likes of Grimsby?! You support Walsall pal. You've spent 10 seasons above L1 since WW2. I know we've had a big slump recently but come on.

I agree with you, but this is not how it looks to the football world, and the vast majority of fans at other clubs,

We have spent the bulk of the last 20 years in non league or division 4 and however much it hurts about the "likes of Grimsby" to them it is the truth.

I hope we have a better few years soon, to ram such talk down their throats.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 14
psgmariner
September 1, 2019, 8:36pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
We did the same when we were relegated to non league.

As opposition match threads go I thought it was fairly balanced.

Private Message
Reply: 6 - 14
mariner91
September 1, 2019, 9:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,580
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from psgmariner
We did the same when we were relegated to non league.

As opposition match threads go I thought it was fairly balanced.

We did but the difference between us and Braintree, for example, is really quite stark whereas Walsall are arguably a smaller club than us and have certainly historically done nowhere near as well as we have.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 14
Kris2
September 2, 2019, 12:25am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,628
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from mariner91

We did but the difference between us and Braintree, for example, is really quite stark whereas Walsall are arguably a smaller club than us and have certainly historically done nowhere near as well as we have.

History doesn't really matter when it wasn't recent history. That's the problem some of our fans have and why many of our fans have a sense of self importance over other fans. What have we done in the last 20 years? It was like when Liverpool were a nothing team for years while Manchester United  and Chelsea were wining everything and they kept talking about how great they were in the 70's and 80's. We do that all the time and it gets boring.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 14
Rik e B
September 2, 2019, 12:30am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
We've been shocking for 20 years remember, it's a long bloody time and outsider's perspectives about us will have changed as a result. I know the old guy said that but the youngster wouldn't have even been born last time we were any cop let alone remember it!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 14
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Oppositions view

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.