Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Grimsby V Scunthorpe (H) Leasing Cup Predictions
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 264 Guests

Grimsby V Scunthorpe (H) Leasing Cup Predictions

This thread currently has 8,950 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Abdul19
September 1, 2019, 7:44pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,514
Gold Stars: 215
2-1

Caldwell 56
Vernham 77

Flounders 22

888 (111)

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 65
marinerrick
September 2, 2019, 6:35am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +52
I think that this competition and the boycott has been running long enough to realise that it's staying. I'm not saying I agree but as the gimps proved it works how it is supposed to work. This match will be played with or without us going and therefore will cost the club money to host. The more people that don't attend the more money that comes out the playing budget. I haven't been to this competition but I may be going tmw. I always will support town whichever game it is.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 65
Abdul19
September 2, 2019, 6:40am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,514
Gold Stars: 215
I thought the Football League covered losses made on the gate (such is their desperation to get clubs to vote for this)?

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 65
Bigdog
September 2, 2019, 7:07am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from marinerrick
I think that this competition and the boycott has been running long enough to realise that it's staying. I'm not saying I agree but as the gimps proved it works how it is supposed to work. This match will be played with or without us going and therefore will cost the club money to host. The more people that don't attend the more money that comes out the playing budget. I haven't been to this competition but I may be going tmw. I always will support town whichever game it is.

Your choice mate.. but on a week when one of our brother clubs has been expelled out of the league, I think the boycott remains more crucial than ever. The EFL is not fit for purpose, and while Bury have been ruined by unscrupulous owners, the game's governing body is just as culpable. The Leasing Cup is their baby, their idea for us to play Premier League u23 sides, the same teams that can spend ten times the money on transfers in one window than it would cost to set us up sustainably in a new stadium for the next century or so. They are doing everything to break our resolve, carrot after carrot, local derby after local derby, making up cash shortfall after cash shortfall just to push through a competition format they and the Premier League clubs want.. but the lifeblood of the game, the fans, don't. To the Citehs, the Arsenals, the Chelseas and Manures, etc the Grimsbys, the Scunnys and the Burys are irrelevant, they're just annoying teams they may have to face with their second strings in FA Cup games from time to time, another tradition they walk all over ruining it for the genuine fan.

The EFL needs sorting out big time and if this competition remains and the boycott breaks, these idiots will give themselves a large pat on the back and just crack on as normal trampling over fans like ourselves forever. GTFC will be ok if the boycott remains, spend your money in the club shop or buy some shares, just don't let the idiots who are ruining our game and our clubs win..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 65
Swanny
September 2, 2019, 7:16am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Approval: -1
Gold Stars: 2
Town 1 scunts 1
Pollock
763 107
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 65
Biggles99999
September 2, 2019, 7:36am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +30
Quoted from marinerrick

Sorry for hijacking the prediction thread, but there’s a couple of points to address here.

Firstly, the club doesn’t lose money on the EFL Trophy because the EFL make up the shortfall. So there should be no effect on the playing budget.

If you are concerned that the club will lose money, but still wish to boycott then spend the money on the club shop instead.

You’re last line, I know isn’t a criticism, but again I just wanted to say that the Internet Mariners is a team full of huge Grimsby fans. We have travelled the length and breadth of the UK (sometimes Europe) playing matches against other fans, raising money for charity etc, all A’s part of trying to demonstrate how much we love the club and improve the reputation of Grimsby fans and football fans in general.

The boycott of this competition will not be received warmly by all fans and we accept that. Some clubs will take to it more than others. But apparently the Grimsby board have voted against the competition and so that further legitimises the protest in my mind.

B teams in the competition represent the thin end of the wedge, when many of the big boys have previously commented on how they want a Spanish like system. That could spell the end for clubs like Grimsby, Scunthorpe et al, not to mention the effect on clubs further down the league.

The earlier we make our voice heard - the less likely that is to happen.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 65
psgmariner
September 2, 2019, 8:50am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
1-0 Green

1234 (234 away)

Private Message
Reply: 36 - 65
pkscouse
September 2, 2019, 10:10am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: +66
Gold Stars: 3
1 0 TOWN - VERNAM

1345 - 210 scunts
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 65
Hagrid
September 2, 2019, 2:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,386
Gold Stars: 527
jolley has said he's putting a youth team out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 65
always grimsby
September 2, 2019, 2:43pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +273
Gold Stars: 7
Town 1 Wright
Scunts 2

111 scunts.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 65
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Grimsby V Scunthorpe (H) Leasing Cup Predictions

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.