This thread currently has 3,892 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Rik e B
August 31, 2019, 10:32am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Without getting sucked into yet another anti/Pro board type debate I'd simply say a hut full of xboxes a bad idea, but during Summer months at least could have fun activities in the corners like giant inflatable slides, those giant hamster ball things, on the pitch completions, penalties etc etc. Advertise it and get families in earlier where they spending money inside the ground (shame a lot of that goes to contracted burgervans etc though).

I remember during bill carr's reign we had similar, bungee jumps in the corners etc.

Most of all with it being a horrendous 20 or 22 quid a ticket the most important thing is to keep the offers on for kids and banging the drum in media. I go with my two boys and to be fair the fiver accompanied junior price softens the blow on the high adult price, but things like kids go free are very welcome -always end up spending on them in the ground anyway.

Encourage them in, get them hooked for the future.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 22
Rik e B
August 31, 2019, 10:38am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
To be honest I'm ALWAYS late or cutting it very fine so have no idea on the state of pre match entertainment nowadays. Back during Bill Carr's reign I used to like being one of the first in the ground and watching it gradually filling up around me and all the goings on, players training etc.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 22
arryarryarry
August 31, 2019, 11:37am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Rik e B
To be honest I'm ALWAYS late or cutting it very fine so have no idea on the state of pre match entertainment nowadays. Back during Bill Carr's reign I used to like being one of the first in the ground and watching it gradually filling up around me and all the goings on, players training etc.

I used to get in early to climb over the gate at the front of the Pontoon to save 6d.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 22
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Children zone / family area

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.