Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › What is the best betting win you've had?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 29 Guests

What is the best betting win you've had?

This thread currently has 2,904 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Grimsby2012
August 26, 2019, 9:46pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +12 / -8
Approval: -1,466
Gold Stars: 22
Every few months I will make an accumulator bet. On Saturday I placed an accumulator for Grimsby, Wycombe, Crystal Palace, and Forrest Green.
I can't remember the odds but the total prize was over £600....

I then checked the scores just after the 2nd half had started and saw that Wycombe was 3-1 down, Grimsby was drawing, Crystal winning and Green drawing.
Obviously, at this point, i assumed my bet would lose considering the Wycombe scoreline and Green + Town drawing.

However. I got back home and checked my account for lols.... and saw the winnings in my bank... I checked and somehow Wycombe had score 2 goals in the 90th min, Green scored a late winner, Grimsby Thrashed Vale and Crystal palace also got a last min winner... Crazy stuff...

The next day i stuck a cheeky £30 on England to win against Australia at 15/1 with 1 wicket left and yet again som how won that! over £1200 won with late action...

So. My question is. Has anyone else had things like that happen to them? If so, let me know.

I blocked seeing red ticks years ago so go ahead   If I don't reply to you then i didn't read your replies  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Mariner93er
August 26, 2019, 10:06pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,666
Gold Stars: 28
Same thing on Saturday, put a fiver on an accy and a few teams looked to be letting me down including wycombe. Looked later and had won 400. My best win was a part of the bet365 chsmpions league free bet offer. Put the first bet on over 0.5 goals and the next on the next goalscorer and went for someone with reasonably big odds. It came in at 800.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 18
Grimsby2012
August 26, 2019, 10:10pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +12 / -8
Approval: -1,466
Gold Stars: 22
Quoted from Mariner93er
Same thing on Saturday, put a fiver on an accy and a few teams looked to be letting me down including wycombe. Looked later and had won 400. My best win was a part of the bet365 chsmpions league free bet offer. Put the first bet on over 0.5 goals and the next on the next goalscorer and went for someone with reasonably big odds. It came in at 800.

Nice!

Deffo something lucky about Saturday  

I blocked seeing red ticks years ago so go ahead   If I don't reply to you then i didn't read your replies  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 18
lukeo
August 26, 2019, 10:22pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.08
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,295
Gold Stars: 133
Apologies for the long story..

So i found out my nan had cancer and we was about to watch Leicester v Chelsea.. I bet £10 on Vardy 2-1 Leicester and won £350. I then used that to pay for a teaching assistant course online and I'm now into my 3rd year at a school as a TA.

OH and I won £6k on yahtzee slot machine before. Mad as.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 18
WOZOFGRIMSBY
August 26, 2019, 11:10pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,749
Gold Stars: 177
Monbeg dude
Welsh national @ 20's

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 18
lukeo
August 26, 2019, 11:21pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.08
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,295
Gold Stars: 133
Okk sso I didn't go into too much detail after all.. Long story short my nan helped me wiith my fiirst 2 units and sadly passed away. Although it took me aa long time to get my head together I ended up completing it and setting myself up in a job I love.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 18
Marinerdan
August 27, 2019, 7:50am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +15 / -1
Approval: +968
Gold Stars: 17
Best one I had was at the ST Leger last year. There was a race with lots of outsiders in, so I put 2.50 ew on 3, all at 33/1.

One of them won and another came third. Checked the app and realised I'd put £25 ew on the winner, paid out just over a grand.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 18
Gaffer58
August 27, 2019, 9:35am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,034
Gold Stars: 31
Never bet money on anything, I am absolutely useless at it, take for example Sky's super six, if I was 'only' spending a tenner each Saturday , upto now I would be well out of pocket. Sorry to say that the only long term winners are the bookies, you never see a poor bookie.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 18
LH
August 27, 2019, 10:16am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 167
Had 3 or 4 four figure accumulators come in over ten years but the best one was an 8-fold that I had intended to be a seven fold. Scrolling through my phone I accidentally selected Doncaster who were away somewhere in the season they last dropped from the Champ and were on a long winless run. I thought it was a loser at approx 70’ into the games and didn’t bother looking until I got in the pub post game and saw I could cash it out for £1750. Left it running and got £1800. As I thought it was my lucky day (aided by copious amounts of lager) I then put £150 at evens on Zlatan to score for Sweden against some minnows in a qualifier that was live on the screen and he duly scored within about 5 mins. Very profitable day and not bad for a fiver.

This season I am only placing one bet per week - a £10 12fold of 3 games in the top four divisions to have 1.5 goals in each game. I won this bet four times last season and it is usually around 30/1. I have been 1,2 and 4 goals off already this season.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 18
supertown
August 27, 2019, 10:25am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,409
Gold Stars: 53
In 1990ish I won £1002 in a ‘one from each section’ bet. I did 10 home wins for a quid and had to wait for a late result flash at the end of world of sport to see Northampton had won in injury time .
Unfortunately a week later when I went to pick up another form the bookies had closed down . It was Bill Carsberg on Eleanor Street .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 18
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › What is the best betting win you've had?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.