Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 189 Guests

Just back

This thread currently has 14,698 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
August 25, 2019, 9:32am
Guest User
Quoted from lukeo
Seen the highlights, love the fact every goal is different in the way itss been set up / scored etc. Max Wright, well... What a run.

I put grimsby (at 50/1) in my each way lucky 15 to win the league / promotion along with Sunderland (3/1), Leeds (4/1)and spurs (12/1)
I have aa feeling a may be getting some money back this year for the First time ever!

I put £1 on town to win 4-2 at a 100-1.
I'll take 5-2 over 4-2.
Reply: 40 - 56
AussieMariner
August 25, 2019, 10:12am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,072
Gold Stars: 31

Regarding Ogbu it is another myth that needs to be put to bed - that he is unpredictable/ erratic/ doesn't know himself what might happen. What we have seen so far is a player with a great touch,good vision,can find a pass and yesterday can score and is very strong on the ball. He is a very good player full stop.

He can go outside/inside, be direct or find a pass but all that is because he knows how to play. A great find.

I completely agree. He mixes it up and sometimes tries the outrageous and that doesn’t always come off - but when it does it can create something out of nothing.
He can also do the simple things well such as in the lead up to the 5th goal. He got the ball in midfield and slowed it down allowing others to get forward. I actually heard some fans in the Upper moaning because he hadn’t played it quickly up to Hansen who was up front on his own....
Simple ball out to the right and then he made a diagonal run to flick on the return to give Max Wright the opening to completely skin the full back.
Thought he looked promising against Bradford. I missed the FGR and Colchester games but reports sounded positive. Yesterday he was influential and constantly had their defenders in 2 minds.
Personally I’ll take a few stumbles on the ball in return for the creativity (there, I said it...) he offers.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 56
AussieMariner
August 25, 2019, 11:08am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,072
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from AussieMariner

I completely agree. He mixes it up and sometimes tries the outrageous and that doesn’t always come off - but when it does it can create something out of nothing.
He can also do the simple things well such as in the lead up to the 5th goal. He got the ball in midfield and slowed it down allowing others to get forward. I actually heard some fans in the Upper moaning because he hadn’t played it quickly up to Hansen who was up front on his own....
Simple ball out to the right and then he made a diagonal run to flick on the return to give Max Wright the opening to completely skin the full back.
Thought he looked promising against Bradford. I missed the FGR and Colchester games but reports sounded positive. Yesterday he was influential and constantly had their defenders in 2 minds.
Personally I’ll take a few stumbles on the ball in return for the creativity (there, I said it...) he offers.

Actually just watched the extended highlights and I got the play slightly wrong for the 5th - the hold up and diagonal run for the flick on were correct but there were a few passes in between. Still a big influence and I hadn’t realised how involved he was in the lead up to his own goal.
Also haven’t heard us referred to as ‘slick’ for a long time, if ever.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 56
mimma
August 25, 2019, 11:45am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,568
Gold Stars: 78
Just read the match report. Another manager moaning about the conditions, and the "sticky" pitch that suits our style and stops them playing their football.

Roll on the winter rain, then it will be one less excuse to have to listen to when we've beaten someone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 56
TownSNAFU5
August 25, 2019, 12:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,848
Gold Stars: 42
Interesting that many fans made Ogbu MOM.   He can still improve aspects of his game. He could become one hell of a player for us.  

When he has possession he needs to look up and pass to a teammate making a good run in a better position.  And when he does sees the pass, he needs to release the ball quicker.

We were attacking Vale in the 2nd half and Ogbu was just in front of the player running with the ball.  Instead of moving into space on the left, he went into the middle where 2/3 Vale were and could not receive the ball.

We can benefit from his improvement.  I always fancied us for a good cup-run this season.  Ogbu could be the X factor in beating any higher division teams.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 56
Roast Em Bobby
August 25, 2019, 12:57pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,720
Gold Stars: 43
Surprised me that a few have Ogbu down for MoM. I would have replaced him with Max at half-time, so shows what I know

He's a weird player - one minute he doesn't look like he's ever played football in his life, the next he's pulls off something really impressive.

Hanson is the real star of the show imho
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 56
lew chaterleys lover
August 25, 2019, 1:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,653
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Interesting that many fans made Ogbu MOM.   He can still improve aspects of his game. He could become one hell of a player for us.  

When he has possession he needs to look up and pass to a teammate making a good run in a better position.  And when he does sees the pass, he needs to release the ball quicker.

We were attacking Vale in the 2nd half and Ogbu was just in front of the player running with the ball.  Instead of moving into space on the left, he went into the middle where 2/3 Vale were and could not receive the ball.

We can benefit from his improvement.  I always fancied us for a good cup-run this season.  Ogbu could be the X factor in beating any higher division teams.

You can pick moments in games that every 4th division player could do better but I think you are being harsh on Ogbu.

He is much more of a team player than I was expecting and has looked the business to me.
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 56
AdamHaddock
August 25, 2019, 1:49pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +36 / -5
Approval: +2,803
Gold Stars: 25
Any update on Davis?

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 56
promotion plaice
August 25, 2019, 4:37pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193

Just when I thought the weekend couldn't get better England make one of the greatest comebacks in Test Cricket to beat the Ozzies to keep the ashes alive  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 56
Hagrid
August 25, 2019, 4:46pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,384
Gold Stars: 527
Ben stokes*
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 56
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.