AussieMariner
August 24, 2019, 10:49pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,072
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
I thought we played hoofball now ? Not many mentions of that tonight?!!

Because the d1ckheads who invent sh1t don’t post when we win
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 56
Rik e B
August 25, 2019, 12:09am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Was at work sadly, sounds like I missed a classic but good to see Ogbu doing the biz before any possible booboys started to take aim. I'm sure he can be frustrating when his random wacky actions don't come off but if you don't try you don't get so we should allow for such instances.

Also special note to Pollock and Wright, joining Clifton in slotting right into the senior game, each with their own useful attributes. What a boost to have a bundle of such players coming through and how it'll save us in higher wages for more senior players - or moreover the search for them.

I'd be promptly getting them even more tied down if carry on in thesame vein - though to be fair to Jolley he has shown great faith with the longer contracts. The reward of a more senior wage might be in order soon enough.

Side note, it seems Jolley bang on when it comes to sensing when a young starlet worth persevering with.

Here's hoping the next wave of a similar grade; the Curran's and Buckley's of this world. We've got the successful blueprint sending them out on long loans in the non-league to cut their teeth, if they turn out similar could be a bright future in stall!

UTM!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 56
moosey_club
August 25, 2019, 1:28am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,197
Gold Stars: 224
Beautiful day
5 goals
5 different scorers
Great atmosphere
Scunny lost.......................................... again  

i would imagine the management team are ecstatic that several of the changes we have made in style and the practice on set pieces came to fruition today.

Great to sit in a buzzing BP again.  

Fans, players and management all deserving of praise today.

UTM

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 56
Northbank Mariner
August 25, 2019, 7:06am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,442
Gold Stars: 171
I've come home with a sore throat from shouting with joy today rather than berating the players, that says it all to me...not one passenger in this team and the spirit, togetherness and ability is there for all to see..
Jolley has boxed clever with this season's incomers, getting quality players who live close enough to commute and seem to know what this club means to its fans ..
Great game, great result, great weather and what a celebration from Moses, that alone made my day👍⚽..UTM..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 56
Malta_Mariner_90
August 25, 2019, 7:19am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +796
Really great watching from an ifollow perspective as well (loving the replays this year especially when we score 5!). Cannot disagree with most of what has already been said. Was so nice to see some real intent and attacking play in the second half. I actually think Vale played the better football in the first half but after half time we went up a gear or two and they could not cope.

Just an observation but that is all three home league games now that the first half has been ok (or in Colchester case not so ok) but in the second half the players have come out all guns blazing and got a result. Against Bradford had we been more clinical we would have won. We did well to get a good point in midweek and now yesterday we were unstoppable when we got going.

Still a bit baffled why Jolley took Green off straight after he scored though. I would have got it had it been 75+ minutes but I thought that rocked us a little bit for the next ten minutes before Waterfall made it safe. Still I suppose like the Ogbu sub in midweek which left me scratching my head it did not work out too badly!

Biggest test now though will we got to Walsall play like that second half? I hope so.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 56
LH
August 25, 2019, 7:27am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,462
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from Malta_Mariner_90

Still a bit baffled why Jolley took Green off straight after he scored though. I would have got it had it been 75+ minutes but I thought that rocked us a little bit for the next ten minutes before Waterfall made it safe. Still I suppose like the Ogbu sub in midweek which left me scratching my head it did not work out too badly!

We said exactly the same thing. Vale were on the rack at that point and 10 more minutes with Green on and looked likely for us to get the next goal rather than them. It matters not now but a better opposition could easily get two goals in the period it took for us to settle. The introduction of Wright swung it very much back into our favour.
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 56
Malta_Mariner_90
August 25, 2019, 7:55am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +796
Quoted from LH

We said exactly the same thing. Vale were on the rack at that point and 10 more minutes with Green on and looked likely for us to get the next goal rather than them. It matters not now but a better opposition could easily get two goals in the period it took for us to settle. The introduction of Wright swung it very much back into our favour.

Yes indeed luckily for us after the initial few minutes after they scored I thought we regained control of the match well. To be honest other than the two goals I cannot remember McKeown have to make a significant save in the match. They played pretty football, pretty ineffectively for most of the game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 56
rancido
August 25, 2019, 8:46am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,526
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from AussieMariner

Because the d1ckheads who invent sh1t don’t post when we win

Spot on ! I don't see The Boys a Pillock in this thread?

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 56
quebec38
August 25, 2019, 8:50am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,576
Gold Stars: 48
Good performance on the whole yesterday, obviously!.

The goals conceded were sloppy but not of major concern. I think the mistakes will disappear as the side/defence settles and with more coaching.

Going forward at times we were brilliant to watch I thought. Whether it was the more direct route or not, we seemed to have a dynamism that I’ve not seen in a while.

Hewitt’s crossing is lethal from full back and he needs to stay there. Definite error from MJ playing Ring on Tuesday with EH in midfield but he learnt from it.

Cook had that bit of guile at times you need in the hole between opposition midfield and defence. Extra ability to drop a shoulder and run with the ball. I’m not sure how effective it will be in the long term but it certainly was yesterday.

Hanson is obviously the key to the whole thing. He must stay fit because we have no replacement for him. He was excellent yesterday again.

All brilliant (not even mentioned Ogbu) but one last thing to say about Pollock. I’m not getting carried away by him just yet but he was solid again yesterday. He did the simple things well and looks to have the belief that he belongs in the first 11 already. Not many go toe-to-toe with Tom Pope and come out on top. Happy with him playing back up right now but if he carries on like this it will be hard to say no to a starting place. If he had that extra bit of pace he could be a colossus at this level.
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 56
lew chaterleys lover
August 25, 2019, 9:22am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,648
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from Rik e B
Was at work sadly, sounds like I missed a classic but good to see Ogbu doing the biz before any possible booboys started to take aim. I'm sure he can be frustrating when his random wacky actions don't come off but if you don't try you don't get so we should allow for such instances.

Also special note to Pollock and Wright, joining Clifton in slotting right into the senior game, each with their own useful attributes. What a boost to have a bundle of such players coming through and how it'll save us in higher wages for more senior players - or moreover the search for them.

I'd be promptly getting them even more tied down if carry on in thesame vein - though to be fair to Jolley he has shown great faith with the longer contracts. The reward of a more senior wage might be in order soon enough.

Side note, it seems Jolley bang on when it comes to sensing when a young starlet worth persevering with.

Here's hoping the next wave of a similar grade; the Curran's and Buckley's of this world. We've got the successful blueprint sending them out on long loans in the non-league to cut their teeth, if they turn out similar could be a bright future in stall!

UTM!!

Regarding Ogbu it is another myth that needs to be put to bed - that he is unpredictable/ erratic/ doesn't know himself what might happen. What we have seen so far is a player with a great touch,good vision,can find a pass and yesterday can score and is very strong on the ball. He is a very good player full stop.

He can go outside/inside, be direct or find a pass but all that is because he knows how to play. A great find.
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 56
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.