6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
buckstown
August 24, 2019, 8:02pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,169
Gold Stars: 79
Sounds like a great game and thanks for the reports. I watched Tuesday's match on i-follow, can you tell me what the differences were?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 56
lukeo
August 24, 2019, 8:04pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,293
Gold Stars: 134
Seen the highlights, love the fact every goal is different in the way itss been set up / scored etc. Max Wright, well... What a run.

I put grimsby (at 50/1) in my each way lucky 15 to win the league / promotion along with Sunderland (3/1), Leeds (4/1)and spurs (12/1)
I have aa feeling a may be getting some money back this year for the First time ever!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 56
AussieMariner
August 24, 2019, 8:16pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,072
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from buckstown
Sounds like a great game and thanks for the reports. I watched Tuesday's match on i-follow, can you tell me what the differences were?

Big one is that we scored 5 goals instead of 2  ....
Seriously though, I watched Tuesday’s game on iFollow and went today, so it’s not an exact comparison, but I think a big difference was that both teams tired in midfield in the second half, making the game much more open. This was probably because of the heat and I think the injection of Clifton gave us good energy which helped us cope.
We were basically better equipped to exploit the spaces that opened up. Our front line is a real handful, and when Max Wright came on they just couldn’t cope with his speed.
So in summary I wouldn’t get too carried away as we won’t get these circumstances too often, but the big positive to me is how the team is handling and responding to going behind.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 56
buckstown
August 24, 2019, 8:37pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,169
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from AussieMariner

Big one is that we scored 5 goals instead of 2  ....
Seriously though, I watched Tuesday’s game on iFollow and went today, so it’s not an exact comparison, but I think a big difference was that both teams tired in midfield in the second half, making the game much more open. This was probably because of the heat and I think the injection of Clifton gave us good energy which helped us cope.
We were basically better equipped to exploit the spaces that opened up. Our front line is a real handful, and when Max Wright came on they just couldn’t cope with his speed.
So in summary I wouldn’t get too carried away as we won’t get these circumstances too often, but the big positive to me is how the team is handling and responding to going behind.

Cheers, I watched on Tuesday and was underwhelmed but it sounded fantastic today
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 56
Fishy clapper
August 24, 2019, 9:36pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +78
Gold Stars: 14
Quoted from Nutsy
Thought Pollock was lucky to not be more than cautioned for piggy backing their players a few times but stood up well aside from that.

Man of the match for me is either Ogbu or Green. Green goes under the radar but his hold up and general presence up front was class

No different to what their illegitimate of a Centre half was doing all first half to Hanson. That lino was horrifically shite, don’t think he raised his flag all game. Probably the wankest linesman ever seen.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 56
KingstonMariner
August 24, 2019, 9:40pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from devs
Cook made a big difference for me
Gave midfield some craft and invention
Good footballer Cook - excellent touch and brainy

Ogbu MOM for me - always a threat in second half
Hess - a dynamo
Green - classy finish
I like Hewiit's pace and crossing is excellent
Wright - top impact sub

We are strong, direct but also play a bit of footy

We have a goal threat - vital cos you'll never keep clean sheet after clean sheet

Looking good

I prefer poetry when it rhymes, but each to his own  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 56
HertsGTFC
August 24, 2019, 10:08pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,870
Gold Stars: 227
Right let’s get the 2 soft goals out of the way before my reflection on what was a really good afternoon for the team and Supporters. Yeah we conceded 2 relatively soft goal but scored 5 in responses all 5 where we’ll taken and we’ll crafted by 5 different players which makes it even better..... add to that coming from behind, again!

So I won’t go through the game as there are better and more eloquent posts above than I could ever pull together but on the 3 hour drive home I thought ......

- 5 good goals from both set pieces and open play. Our composure in the final 3rd looked much better and is improving.

- Green & Hanson if we can keep them fit they’ll prove to be the best attacking signings we’ve made since returning to the EFL. Hanson is a real handful and made their number 15s life a misery today. Green is very clever in the way he drags opponents around to create space for others. They both know where the back of the net is too!!

- Moses, he must be a real challenge to play against as you can’t tell what he’s going to do next, I’m not convinced he can most of the time but that kind of unpredictability seems to work for us and he made a real difference today, good celebration too.

- Hess, another great performance and along with the likes of Whitehouse and evidently Waterfall he’s part of a cohort of real up and at em leaders in the outfield

- Whitehouse, looked knackered after 60 mins but still worked himself even harder, with more mins under his belt he’s going to be a big player for us this term.

- The subs, Pollock comes on and makes it look easy. Clifton did the job he was meant to do and Max? Fast as f**k and once again was involved in a goal at the end to well and truly kill a game. All 3 home grown all 3 self assured and confident beyond their years.

- We need a half decent left back as a good footballer like Hendrie could add value in mid field

- The officials? Shite again!!!

- The opposition could do quite well if they focused on playing and not hitting the deck at every opportunity. Felt a bit for their keeper Scott Brown as I remember him clapping the Town fans behind his goal after we’d lost at Wycombe the season Jolley arrived.

- The attitude is superb at the moment and Jolley’s recruitment clearly is based around a player who has integrity as well as ability.

And for me the most telling but?

- We are playing in a way that suits the players rather than the players having to apart to a style beyond their abilities.

Good day for Town as I say. How far can we go? If injuries are kind to us and we add a couple more who knows?

I’ll remain cautiously optimistic as long as the players remain as dogged and committed as they did today.

UTM!!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 56
marinerdazza
August 24, 2019, 10:25pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,779
Gold Stars: 81
When limbrick clapped the main stand at the end he looked genuinely over the moon. I did too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 56
HertsGTFC
August 24, 2019, 10:28pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,870
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from marinerdazza
When limbrick clapped the main stand at the end he looked genuinely over the moon. I did too.

He would have been we won scoring 5 and he had an enjoyable afternoon doing what he’s really good at ......... digging out 4th officials 😉

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 56
louth_in_the_south
August 24, 2019, 10:41pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +5,643
Gold Stars: 94
I thought we played hoofball now ? Not many mentions of that tonight?!!

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 56
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.