MuddyWaters
August 24, 2019, 5:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Average first half, excellent 2nd.

Great to see five different scorers, quality goals, long may it continue.

Mom, at risk of being boring, the excellent Hess

Utmm
Private Message
OllieGTFC
August 24, 2019, 5:27pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -293
You heard here first, we will be in the plays off end of the season, #AllOnBoardLeagueOneTrain

We're on our way back, we’ll was now on our way back to non league 👍🏻
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 56
promotion plaice
August 24, 2019, 5:38pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 188

Ogbu MOTM for me, he's a real handful for the opposition but an all round great team performance.

Very much doubt we will be looking over our shoulder this season.

Top goalscorers in the division ?

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 56
August 24, 2019, 5:48pm
Guest User
We’re the first team in the league to score 10 league goals...  
Reply: 3 - 56
MarinerRob
August 24, 2019, 5:54pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,429
Gold Stars: 107
Quoted Text
We’re the first team in the league to score 10 league goals

I just checked (sad I know) but it was middle of October before we scored 10 goals last season. Talk about being spoilt!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 56
sonofmadeleymariner
August 24, 2019, 6:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,399
Gold Stars: 35
Ref spoiled the first half with far too much whistle blowing for imaginary fouls and ignoring obvious ones. Like I said at half time the first half was cancelled out by two good defences and midfields and a draw going in was fair.

Second half Vale pushed higher and their midifeld tired before ours did and this was what we needed to open them up.

5 good goals scored. 2 cheap goals to concede. Pollock had Pope in his back pocket and can see us selling him in the next couple years for a nice profit if he keeps this up.

MoM its hard to decide. Waterfall had a good game at the back and got a goal. Same for Davis before he went off.
Ogbu, Green and Hanson all lead the line well and looked like a front three was really starting to gell.
Midifeld workhorses were well midifeld workhorses would love to see Hess's heatmap after a game and because of that I'll give it Hess hes just everywhere.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 56
golfer
August 24, 2019, 6:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,373
Gold Stars: 111
Thrill a minute thought everybody played well Would like to pick out Hewitt and young Pollock for mention. Port Vale,especially their No15, were one of the dirtiest teams I've seen for a long time Referee and linesmen were absolutely crap in the first half. Long wait for 5 goals but feel it's just the start.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 56
GtfcGarner
August 24, 2019, 6:19pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +31 / -13
Approval: +1,788
Gold Stars: 26
Don't think we was absolutely brilliant but that's probably how poor Port Vale were. Nice to get 5 goals and five different scorers but I feel on another day the two defensive errors lead to 0 points. Happy for the lads though and happy for Jordan Cook who looked brilliant in his little role today
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 56
AdamHaddock
August 24, 2019, 6:20pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +36 / -5
Approval: +2,746
Gold Stars: 24
I wonder if Hanson has found his way out of their defender's arms yet. Useless officials.

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 56
Mariner_501
August 24, 2019, 6:25pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +161
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from AdamHaddock
I wonder if Hanson has found his way out of their defender's arms yet. Useless officials.

Yet still managed 2 assists and a goal. Class
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 56
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.