Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mr Burns
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 138 Guests

The last message you viewed in this thread was reply number 50.

Mr Burns

This thread currently has 12,095 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
lew chaterleys lover
August 22, 2019, 9:50pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,545
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Now even you're telling me to shut up! Are you an acountant too?  

I have a grade 2 in CSE maths so no is the answer.  
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 67
KingstonMariner
August 22, 2019, 10:24pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218

I have a grade 2 in CSE maths so no is the answer.  

I bet your mental arithmetic is better than most Maths graduates though.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 67
Jarmo.Is.God
August 23, 2019, 8:25am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
I've not properly read through the thread, so sorry if I repeating others.

But I feel the EFL will be extremely thorough when checking potential owners at the moment, as they've cleared copulated up in the past.

Having said that, whilst Fenty comes across well, and I like what he is trying to do for the club (make sure it goes the right way), we are only hearing what he is saying...

Shutes could come out and say, no, Fenty won't budge as blah blah blah....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 67
MuddyWaters
August 23, 2019, 9:03am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,880
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

But I feel the EFL will be extremely thorough when checking potential owners at the moment, as they've cleared copulated up in the past.

Having said that, whilst Fenty comes across well, and I like what he is trying to do for the club (make sure it goes the right way), we are only hearing what he is saying...

I don’t think Tom Shutes needs to say anything- the deal is clearly dependent on several factors and I think Mr Fenty has made that clear (in a good way, by the way).
This isn’t just a bloke buying a football club, it’s a bloke buying a football club with a significant back story behind it.
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 67
Stadium
August 23, 2019, 5:48pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,913
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

Haha really?
Why would they start now after numerous misjudgements.
Considering we have no idea of the actual proposals I don't see any reason why either party need to comment.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 67
Rik e B
August 23, 2019, 6:58pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
It would be unfair for Shutes to comment and the gentlemanly thing to do to not do so, hats of to him for that. If it goes through we'll hear plenty of course, not so much of the talks - but the bright future he envisages.

I've no faith in the EFL to sort their act out suddenly so I'm hoping the 'out and out fan' in Fenty showing genuine concern for GTFC's future welfare is the actual reason for the requested assurances... And its not some other hidden storyline less honourable.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 67
KingstonMariner
August 23, 2019, 7:44pm
Meths Drinker
I don't know Rik. I'd be happier if I knew more about him and his plans. We've heard of so many takeovers of other clubs that have ended in tears. I want to know who is going to take over our club. I don't want to jump out of the frying pan into the fire.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 67
MuddyWaters
August 23, 2019, 8:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,880
Gold Stars: 230
I don't know Rik. I'd be happier if I knew more about him and his plans. We've heard of so many takeovers of other clubs that have ended in tears. I want to know who is going to take over our club. I don't want to jump out of the frying pan into the fire.

But what if the plans don’t come together and they rely on confidential agreements between several parties?

Tom Shutes is seemingly trying to tie various things together and I wouldn’t be inclined to jeopardise them just for the sake of satisfying the inquisitive fans.
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 67
lew chaterleys lover
August 23, 2019, 9:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,545
Gold Stars: 231

Now then Kingston...

Seriously though, if any of the reports in the Tellywag are anywhere near true about the philanthropic side of Mr Shutes' personality are correct then it is much more likely to be a sympathetic takeover than some venture capitalists / foreign owner scenario.
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 67
KingstonMariner
August 23, 2019, 9:32pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

But what if the plans don’t come together and they rely on confidential agreements between several parties?

Tom Shutes is seemingly trying to tie various things together and I wouldn’t be inclined to jeopardise them just for the sake of satisfying the inquisitive fans.

It's not just being inquisitve though. I take what you say about the need for confidentiality at certain times. But don't you think fans have a stake in the future of their club? Collectively through the Trust and individual shareholdings, fans literally are stock holders.  Fans are the future and the present.

I'd want to know that whoever owns the club does have a robust plan and isn't going to turn out like the Bury mob or the Italian guy who owned Orient, or any of the countless other owners of football clubs who wrecked them. I'd like to know that someone on our behalf is doing this sort of due diligence because we know we can't rely on the football authorities.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 67
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mr Burns

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.