Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Colchester Match Thread
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 275 Guests

Colchester Match Thread

This thread currently has 16,564 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 All Recommend Thread
lee65
August 20, 2019, 10:32pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,450
Gold Stars: 9
Well I think the input of someone (Jolley or Limbrick?) at half time must’ve had some positive effect, as it looked to me 2nd half that Green played much closer to Hanson and they looked like a front “pair”.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 96
mariner91
August 20, 2019, 10:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,255
Gold Stars: 253
Quoted from lukeo
Strange. I can see a nucleus of a good side but why do wee constantly hoof it? Embo and Whitehouse can play football, we also have Clifton who can.. Ogbu aand greeen are better with it at their feet so why not keep it on the deck and use the long ball for when we're under pressure.. Fair result in the end to be honest

The obvious answer to your question is that although Embleton is indeed an excellent and technically gifted footballer, we're going to struggle to uitilise him when he plays for Sunderland.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 96
lukeo
August 20, 2019, 10:42pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,307
Gold Stars: 134
Hess sorry  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 96
KingstonMariner
August 20, 2019, 11:09pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Southwark Mariner

Aldershot v Grimsby Town 05/04/2016 after a quick look

Grief, that was a game and a half. Bogle saved that match pretty much on his own.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 96
KingstonMariner
August 20, 2019, 11:10pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Limerick Mariner
Imps lost to the team I'd least like them losing to, but nice to see them lose at last. Tyler Walker scored for them again. Going to prove a v good signing for them I suspect.

A game tonight we would have lost under Slade and with last season's strike force, that extra bit of quality got us the point. We need at least one more in - we are all saying it - the creative navigator type for the good workhorses we now seem to have. They don't come easy to sign (- season long loan?) but its a must if we to be anything but mid-table...

Aye. Second that. Hope they go on to lose every other match.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 96
KingstonMariner
August 20, 2019, 11:14pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from buckstown
Well, well how on earth did we scrape a point out of that? Have to admire the tenacity in the second half and we never gave up but we're not good. Colchester reminded me of a classic Hurst performance, threw a point away by sitting back, summed up by taking Norris (class act) off and bring the extra centre half on.
Even after we equalised they looked like they could have stepped up and won it,  but credit were it's due we showed some fight.  

After the Parslow Point we have the Sowunmi Stage.

(Admittedly it doesn't have the double meaning of 'point')

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 96
Mariner Timsky
August 21, 2019, 9:02am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,535
Gold Stars: 4
I asked on the prediction thread who is taking the peno's this season and someone replied Green , , , , after watching last night when we got a peno I noticed Whitehouse pointing to himself as if to say I'm the taker , , , and then it was Hanson who took it!

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 96
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Colchester Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.