1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
chaos33
August 17, 2019, 11:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353
There’s only him isn’t there? Might be a few disappointed posts but we are all fairly philosophical are we not?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Northbank Mariner
August 18, 2019, 6:11am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
I'm sick of people digging waterfall out for an "awful/poor" clearance, when if they actually see what he does is cut out the ball to the player coming in from behind who was dead cert to score, just unlucky that it fell straight to their players feet...
No doom and gloom here, think Jolley has took on board what you need to get out of this league and I certainly know that isn't going to be pretty football...as long as we win/draw more than we lose and aren't anywhere near that dreaded trap door to non league again..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 9
lukeo
August 18, 2019, 6:18am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,294
Gold Stars: 134
Just watched the sky sports highlights, they show 4-5 chances from us and onlly 2 from FGR... We can't win them all.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 9
forza ivano
August 18, 2019, 10:00am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
Thought jolley interview on humberside gave a very balanced summary of the game.couldn't disagree with much of what he said
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 9
Rik e B
August 18, 2019, 10:11am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
BBC has it 15 shots away with 2 on target for Town, 9 with 1 on target for FGR. Appears we got shots away, just couldn't finish.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 9
arryarryarry
August 18, 2019, 12:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
I'm sick of people digging waterfall out for an "awful/poor" clearance, when if they actually see what he does is cut out the ball to the player coming in from behind who was dead cert to score, just unlucky that it fell straight to their players feet...
No doom and gloom here, think Jolley has took on board what you need to get out of this league and I certainly know that isn't going to be pretty football...as long as we win/draw more than we lose and aren't anywhere near that dreaded trap door to non league again..

He is there to cut out balls to opposition players but not to basically pass it to one of theirs in our area. It should have been belted out of the area so for me as I have mentioned elsewhere a poor if not dreadful error.

I didn't think he did too bad overall but ended up costing us the game.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 9
Northbank Mariner
August 18, 2019, 2:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from arryarryarry

He is there to cut out balls to opposition players but not to basically pass it to one of theirs in our area. It should have been belted out of the area so for me as I have mentioned elsewhere a poor if not dreadful error.

I didn't think he did too bad overall but ended up costing us the game.

Sorry arry, watch it again, he's on the stretch to get to that ball, from where he was there was no way he could get his laces through it..
More concerning for me was Clifton's absence, can't recall hearing his name once on the audio commentary..
Do wonder if playing Cook/Vernham between Hess and Whitehouse wouldn't give us more drive up the park...only my own opinion obviously
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 9
Marinerz93
August 18, 2019, 3:45pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
A game we could have won and one poor clearance cost us, I think if the ref was actually assessing the game instead of letting the game pass him by he would have seen the diving from FGR players and the throwing themselves to the floor under any challenge was pathetic, he should have booked some of them for simulation. Maybe he is one of those vegans and had been slipped a box of Linda McCartney ready meals.

FGR players are as weak as kitten urine, I'm surprised they don't play with arm bands in case it rains, FGR players are a bunch of fannies.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 9
Davec
August 18, 2019, 4:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,440
Gold Stars: 42
Well on the FGR forum a few fans are saying we will be up there and will beat a lot of teams this season so hopefully that is the case.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 9
WesternMariner
August 20, 2019, 8:12am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +887
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from Davec
Well on the FGR forum a few fans are saying we will be up there and will beat a lot of teams this season so hopefully that is the case.

I’d take more comfort from that if they weren’t such a bunch of know nothing carrot crunching half wits.

All men are equal before fish.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 9
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Doom

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.