3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
chaos33
August 17, 2019, 10:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 357
If those four clubs are ‘bigger’ than us, then it is only slightly. They have bigger stadiums, but I think there’s not much in it if you want to argue ‘who’s bigger...Swindon or Grimsby’?
There aren’t too many better supported clubs with the equivalent potential and history in league 2. Budget is a massive thing, but for me, in league 2 we should be setting objectives of competing for the play offs with similar sized clubs.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 29
HertsGTFC
August 17, 2019, 11:09pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from fishboyUTM

10-12 clubs in the division are bigger than us? Twaddle! Name them.

Swindon, Plymouth, Bradford and Oldham are bigger clubs than ourselves. That's it.

Read the post again and look up the words arguably and resource.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 29
chaos33
August 17, 2019, 11:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 357
Think he missed the overall context you set mate.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 29
ex mariner
August 18, 2019, 8:07am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: -17
We are 3 games in to the new season and as you all do every season all you delusional grimsby town fans get your hopes up you will never finish in the playoffs in league 2 your squad doesn't have the right mentality so stop getting carried away because as soon as your in bottom half of the league with a winless run as always you will want your manager out of the club get a grip were not even halfway through the goddamn season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 29
NorthseaMariner
August 18, 2019, 9:41am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,524
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from ex mariner
We are 3 games in to the new season and as you all do every season all you delusional grimsby town fans get your hopes up you will never finish in the playoffs in league 2 your squad doesn't have the right mentality so stop getting carried away because as soon as your in bottom half of the league with a winless run as always you will want your manager out of the club get a grip were not even halfway through the goddamn season

Sorry, I think I understand what you’re trying to say, but can you speak English please. Try punctuation for a start.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 29
MuddyWaters
August 18, 2019, 9:48am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Realistically, we could have been 7 points from 9 and, if you remember our abject performances against the Veggies last year, then yesterday was a significant step forward. I'm as sure as I can be that there are another couple of signings available to MJ - interesting also that Embleton has gone from starter to out of the squad in 3 weeks at Sunderland.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 29
fishboyUTM
August 18, 2019, 10:28am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,068
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Read the post again and look up the words arguably and resource.

Hence I was 'arguing'.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 29
HertsGTFC
August 18, 2019, 12:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from fishboyUTM

Hence I was 'arguing'.

Knock yourself out.....

So clubs that “arguably” have more resources (cash) and could be considered bigger....

Plymouth
Swindon
Mansfield
FGR
Exeter
Bradford
Salford

The possibles at the moment
Newport (cup money)
Carlisle
Northampton
Walsall

I’d love to say there was only a few teams that are currently wealthier or bigger than us in this league but it’s just not true.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 29
rancido
August 18, 2019, 12:28pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from ex mariner

I'm so pleased you are an ex mariner! The last thing we need is your kind of negativity. By the way who do you support, ex mariner?

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 29
mimma
August 18, 2019, 12:39pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,564
Gold Stars: 78
Could someone please explain what "a big club" is. What or how exactly is it measured? Money, fans, stadium, position or status?  There are different ways of looking at it depending on what point it is that you are trying to prove.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 29
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › playoff ambitions

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.