Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Waterfall (Again)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 383 Guests

Waterfall (Again)

This thread currently has 17,001 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
August 16, 2019, 8:11am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from TAGG
Three at the back
Waterfall Ohman Davis

To play 3 at the back you need at least one of the 3 to have some pace otherwise the wide players have to keep coming back to cover and you end up with 5 at the back. We ain’t got pace so if he has sense the manager will do the simple thing and go with 4 defenders.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 78
Northbank Mariner
August 16, 2019, 8:22am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,391
Gold Stars: 170
Quoted from Posh Harry

WTF are you talking about!!??

Posh Harry, if I were you, don't feed the troll, he needs to go back under the bridge and stick to scaring goats!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 78
TheRealJohnLewis
August 16, 2019, 8:31am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Davis & Waterfall for me.  Ohman is immense in the air, but a bit of a liability and a red card waiting to happen.  With Waterfall we're keeping the aerial dominance that Ohman brings.
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 78
Posh Harry
August 16, 2019, 9:00am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,327
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Posh Harry, if I were you, don't feed the troll, he needs to go back under the bridge and stick to scaring goats!!!!

Yeah, sorry, schoolboy error. Note to self for future reference 👍
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 78
pontoonlew
August 16, 2019, 9:05am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,721
Gold Stars: 163
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis
Davis & Waterfall for me.  Ohman is immense in the air, but a bit of a liability and a red card waiting to happen.  With Waterfall we're keeping the aerial dominance that Ohman brings.

This one isn’t a wind up this time is it? Thank Christ you’re not the manager.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 78
Mariner_09
August 16, 2019, 9:08am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,189
Gold Stars: 54
It’ll be Davis and Waterfall purely cos I think Ohman’s concussed but they’ve not bothered to tell the authorities until we were sure of getting a replacement in!

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 78
TheRealJohnLewis
August 16, 2019, 9:13am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from pontoonlew

This one isn’t a wind up this time is it? Thank Christ you’re not the manager.

Nope.

Private Message
Reply: 66 - 78
Jarmo.Is.God
August 16, 2019, 9:14am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from The Boys Paddock

lazy player, thinks he is automatic first choice, should have been sent off early doors Saturday, not a threat in opposition box, better than that other ikea tart though...

hope that helps

Terrible banter tbf mate
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 78
Rik e B
August 16, 2019, 9:41am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Form and circumstances should be the deciding factor on what the pairing is (I'm in preference of the 433 or some variation of), they'll all have a part to play and no one should be guaranteed starter. Peed me off a bit Collins coming straight back in at times last Season.

Let's say Ohman is concussed and Waterfall steps in, if he and Davis play amazingly well while then Ludvig will have to wait his turn to impress. Likewise if Ludvig comes back and puts in stellar shows he stakes his right to be on the teamsheet and somebody else has to bide their time.

But they will all be utilised, perhaps Jolley would prefer a certain pairing for certain opposition but in any case over the course of a long Season they will all be called upon. Especially if we do well in the Cups and fixtures start to pile up.

It's a squad game and competition for places is healthy. Pollock will certainly still get a good amount of game time and he's proved already he can be relied upon so we don't have to panic ever and get a loanee in in that position. Heck we've even got Hendre and perhaps Hewitt if needs must.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 78
Hagrid
August 16, 2019, 9:45am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,987
Gold Stars: 507
Ludvigs been immense since he joined. Yeah he gets his yellows but id have him in every day of the week
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 78
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Waterfall (Again)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.