This thread currently has 8,760 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Rik e B
August 14, 2019, 12:24am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Carry on like this I'll be ripping up my expectations and rewriting them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
OllieGTFC
August 14, 2019, 9:02am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -293
If I was honest before start of the season I would of settled for high mid table finish but watching the last few performances yes 3 games in but I think we have a real shot at play offs, if we can do better than that then absolute bonus UTM !!

We're on our way back, we’ll was now on our way back to non league 👍🏻
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 43
cmackenzie4
August 14, 2019, 9:11am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
I think the FGR game will be a good yardstick to see were we are at, I believe with a bit of luck and no/minor injuries we’ll be in the playoffs, the team spirit we have will help massively, other teams who have been promoted years gone by haven’t always been the best footballing side (Lincoln/Accrington etc) but with these sides the fans have been on board and the team spirit has got them promoted, a long way to go yet but I think this will be a great season for us, boy do we need one!

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 43
lukeo
August 14, 2019, 9:45am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,371
Gold Stars: 145
Top half finish expected... Promotion would be lovely😁 50/1 to win the league and 1/4 of that on promotion
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 43
Son of Cod
August 14, 2019, 10:48am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Long way to go. I said I'd take a comfortable mid-table season with a possible top ten finish and I'm sticking to that. So many of the squads in League 2 have a lot more depth than we do. The early signs are promising though. Will be interesting to see if we can bounce back from a defeat or are we going to have these winning streaks and losing slumps again that have been so prevalent since Jolley came in?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 43
IlkleyMariner
August 14, 2019, 11:22am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +2,992
Gold Stars: 69
We cannot criticise the battling performance last night against a team hoping for promotion last season.
Was particularly impressed with imaginative free kicks as plays looked to surprise the opposition.
Also plenty of movement from our players which was good to see.
On another day Donny would probably have nicked it because of their superior possession, particularly around our penalty area, but am very happy to get the win.
Well done to Cook for making and taking the goal. He looked much quicker than I remember him last season.
Bring on Macclesfield
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 43
mariner83
August 14, 2019, 12:09pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
Trying not to get carried away, I want to see where we're at 10 games in.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 6 - 43
SomeSanity
August 14, 2019, 12:12pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +855
Gold Stars: 1
the only thing I expect is that they give 100% every game. Like Mariner83 said, lets see where we are 10 games in. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 43
The Yard Dog
August 14, 2019, 12:17pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,469
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from Son of Cod
Long way to go. I said I'd take a comfortable mid-table season with a possible top ten finish and I'm sticking to that.[/b] So many of the squads in League 2 have a lot more depth than we do.[b] The early signs are promising though. Will be interesting to see if we can bounce back from a defeat or are we going to have these winning streaks and losing slumps again that have been so prevalent since Jolley came in?

When you say  "more depth", is that quality in depth or just bigger squads. I much rather have a smaller squad, with quality, rather than just journeymen making up the numbers.
Last season we were short of goals, MJ has addressed that hopefully, with the signing of Hanson & Green. MJ has until 2nd September to bring in 2 or 3 additional players, maybe a couple of loanees for cover as well.
MJ has added more quality with this seasons singning, with a blend of youth players, being given the opportunity to progress into the first team.

Last nignt MJ make 7 changes to the starting line-up from Saturday's team, 2 forced by injuries, but still held its own and won against a league one team, which will probably in the top half of the table.

Biggest is not always best.

In the short time this season, I have seen a big difference in the team, so far.

I am confident that MJ is doing all he can to improve the squad.  MJ is working progress, which is going in the right direction.

A happy mariner, UTM.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 43
Son of Cod
August 15, 2019, 9:12am
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from The Yard Dog

When you say  "more depth", is that quality in depth or just bigger squads. I much rather have a smaller squad, with quality, rather than just journeymen making up the numbers.

In terms of teams tipped to be going for promotion/playoffs, then both I think. I'm not claiming to be a League 2 expert or anything either, so happy to be proven wrong. I just look at the likes of Bradford, Plymouth, Exeter, Colchester, etc. and they look to bigger squads with better options. I completely agree that we shouldn't be just bringing in journeymen and bodies for the sake of it though. I just always think an 18/19/20 man squad is a big risk. I think Lincoln were really lucky to go up as champions having hardly had any big injuries, for example.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 43
Swansea_Mariner
August 15, 2019, 9:41am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,443
Gold Stars: 63
We had mahoosive squads under Slade and Newell and were utter cac.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 43
psgmariner
August 15, 2019, 9:42am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
We’ve beaten morecambe (the favourites to go down) and drawn with Bradford (who look a shambles and started terribly with growing calls for the manager to go). On the face of it a solid if unspectacular start but I was very impressed by the Bradford performance and the cup squad beating Donny is another bonus I wasn’t expecting. Like you i am becoming more optimistic with each game.

If we get spanked by FGR (a decent team and a tougher test than Bradford) it will still be a good start to the season.

Private Message
Reply: 11 - 43
Stew0_0
August 15, 2019, 10:15am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,207
Gold Stars: 35
Can definitely see an improvement and top half finish this season. What worries me at present is the lack of depth to the squad. We need at least 2/3 players in before the window closes as a couple of injuries and we are threadbare.
Also we are quite dependent on keeping Hanson fit as he is integral to how we play, if he has a spell on the sidelines then that could affect us too.
Overall happy with the start and our squad this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 43
jamesgtfc
August 15, 2019, 10:18am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,938
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Son of Cod

In terms of teams tipped to be going for promotion/playoffs, then both I think. I'm not claiming to be a League 2 expert or anything either, so happy to be proven wrong. I just look at the likes of Bradford, Plymouth, Exeter, Colchester, etc. and they look to bigger squads with better options. I completely agree that we shouldn't be just bringing in journeymen and bodies for the sake of it though. I just always think an 18/19/20 man squad is a big risk. I think Lincoln were really lucky to go up as champions having hardly had any big injuries, for example.

Lincoln have been very lucky. They have had a big budget but rather than pad the squad out, they have opted for quality over quantity. The Cowley's like a small squad as you have less unhappy players.  I get the logic with that but you only have to look at Whitehouse last year. If his injury occurred in September our midfield would have been depleted.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 43
marinerdazza
August 15, 2019, 10:22am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,839
Gold Stars: 82
Our relegation odds have lengthened.

Enjoying the optimism. A point at FGR will be a good result. But I'd still be happy with a mid/top half finish and some cup exploits.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 43
pen penfras
August 15, 2019, 10:28am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -129
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from Son of Cod

I agree that we are probably a little short in numbers, but one thing that I was very happy about against Bradford was the strength of our bench. I doubt many teams have as much quality as Cook, Vernam and Ogbu to bring on, could probably add Ring and Wright to that too, although they've got a little more to prove.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 43
Mallyner
August 15, 2019, 11:06am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,514
Gold Stars: 23
I didn't have such Great Expectations, but what the Dickens is happening?

Let us hope we keep it up.  

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 43
Son of Cod
August 15, 2019, 11:06am
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from pen penfras

I agree that we are probably a little short in numbers, but one thing that I was very happy about against Bradford was the strength of our bench. I doubt many teams have as much quality as Cook, Vernam and Ogbu to bring on, could probably add Ring and Wright to that too, although they've got a little more to prove.

Yeah, Cook and Vernam suddenly seem like very decent options off the bench as opposed to being the ones with pressure on them to score goals every week. I'm hoping at least one of them will settle down, kick on and become a bit of a supersub for us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 43
Maringer
August 15, 2019, 12:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,468
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from Stew0_0
Can definitely see an improvement and top half finish this season. What worries me at present is the lack of depth to the squad. We need at least 2/3 players in before the window closes as a couple of injuries and we are threadbare.
Also we are quite dependent on keeping Hanson fit as he is integral to how we play, if he has a spell on the sidelines then that could affect us too.
Overall happy with the start and our squad this season.

I was also quite concerned about how reliant we might be on Hanson. However, I think Ogbu did well enough leading the line in a weakened team the other night and Green is quite physical as well. If Hanson is out on occasion, I think those two together could certainly give us a foothold up front.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 43
Mariner Timsky
August 15, 2019, 12:49pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,533
Gold Stars: 4
Let’s not forget the superstar Harry Cardwell

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 43
MarinersOnTheUp
August 15, 2019, 2:09pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +22 / -2
Approval: +484
My expectations stay the same and they will do no matter what happens this season, mid table finish with clear signs of progress and a good go at a cup run. It’s my hopes that'll rise if we continue to perform well.

Rising expectations are a dangerous thing, all that usually comes with that is more chance of everyone completely losing their heads and over reacting if/when we do hit a tough patch because they’ve given themselves a false sense of realistic expectations.  

Hope to exceed expectations, don’t be too disappointed if we’re mid table/top half.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 43
Mariner_09
August 15, 2019, 2:54pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
We’re obviously better than this time last season. The side that kicked off last season was:

Macca, Davis, Whitmore, Collins, Dixon, Welsh, Clifton, Woolford, M Rose, Hooper and Cook

Aside from 3-4 decent players (all of whom are still here) we have miles better players in all positions. I expect us to do a little better this season, maybe 9th-12th or something. If we get a decent run together we may do better.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 43
Jarmo.Is.God
August 15, 2019, 3:43pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from Mariner_09
We’re obviously better than this time last season. The side that kicked off last season was:

Macca, Davis, Whitmore, Collins, Dixon, Welsh, Clifton, Woolford, M Rose, Hooper and Cook

Aside from 3-4 decent players (all of whom are still here) we have miles better players in all positions. I expect us to do a little better this season, maybe 9th-12th or something. If we get a decent run together we may do better.

Collins, Welsh & Woolford all without a club, probably because of the age

Whitmore (Who I liked) Rose & Hooper all non-league

Dixon play's for Falkirk, who are Scottish League 1, which is probably conference north/south level?

So MJ is slowly, but surely turning the worst team for 7-8 Years, into a promising team again.

I'll happily accept another season or 2 at this level and slowly build on
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 43
jamesgtfc
August 15, 2019, 3:54pm
Vodka Drinker
Welsh won't get taken on as he's on a curfew so can't play midweek and I doubt any decent, self respecting club will want to be associated with a granny beater.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 43
Mariner_09
August 15, 2019, 7:49pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

Collins, Welsh & Woolford all without a club, probably because of the age

Whitmore (Who I liked) Rose & Hooper all non-league

Dixon play's for Falkirk, who are Scottish League 1, which is probably conference north/south level?

So MJ is slowly, but surely turning the worst team for 7-8 Years, into a promising team again.

I'll happily accept another season or 2 at this level and slowly build on

It's not surprising we struggled for long periods of last season, there are some of the worst players in living memory in that side. We've got a much better spine now too. Macca, Ludwig, Waterfall, Hess, Whitehouse, Hanson are all good players at this level. Let's not get carried away though, we won't suddenly become world beaters.

Private Message
Reply: 24 - 43
Theimperialcoroner
August 15, 2019, 11:05pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,167
Gold Stars: 102
My expectations are great.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 43
marinerdazza
August 15, 2019, 11:08pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,839
Gold Stars: 82
We’ve had the worst of times, and now to the best of times,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 43
The Boys Paddock
August 16, 2019, 12:36am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +0 / -5
Approval: -964
No changes, mid to lower half at best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 43
Mariner93er
August 16, 2019, 7:26am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,728
Gold Stars: 28
Interesting that Waterfall spoke of the play offs a lot in his interview.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 43
Jarmo.Is.God
August 16, 2019, 9:17am

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Mariner_09

It's not surprising we struggled for long periods of last season, there are some of the worst players in living memory in that side. We've got a much better spine now too. Macca, Ludwig, Waterfall, Hess, Whitehouse, Hanson are all good players at this level. Let's not get carried away though, we won't suddenly become world beaters.

I assume 09 on your name is the year you was born?

If you think M.Rose, Hooper, Woolford & Collins are some of the worst players in living memory, you must be very young.

I'm 26 and I've witnessed 10x worse than them 4... them 4 actually put the effort in to be fair to them
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 43
jamesgtfc
August 16, 2019, 10:32am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

If you think M.Rose, Hooper, Woolford & Collins are some of the worst players in living memory, you must be very young.

I'm 26 and I've witnessed 10x worse than them 4... them 4 actually put the effort in to be fair to them

I'm 29 and depending on when you started watching, you might get remember the dizzy heights of Division 1 like me. Memories of regular home games against Man City, Sheffield Wednesday, Leicester City, Portsmouth etc.

Some players in 03/04 and 09/10 were certainly far worse than those 4. At any level a lack of effort is unforgivable.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 43
Son of Cod
August 16, 2019, 11:35am
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

Last season's team at least put a shift in most of the time. The team that went down and the few seasons before that were disgraceful. Dean Sinclair, Michael Leary, Joe Widdowson, Peter Sweeney, Paul Linwood, Matt Heywood...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 43
Mariner_09
August 16, 2019, 1:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

M Rose, Whitmore, Dixon and JJ are up there for me in terms of worst ever.

Private Message
Reply: 32 - 43
mariner91
August 16, 2019, 2:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,585
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from Mariner_09

M Rose, Whitmore, Dixon and JJ are up there for me in terms of worst ever.

They're not even close to being the worst ever.

JJ wasn't quite up to league football but still showed evidence of talent. Just from the squad the season we went down there are seven strikers worse than him: Tommy Wright, Adrian Forbes, Lee Peacock, Wes Fletcher, Chris Jones, Adam Proudlock, Nathan Jarman. I've not included Conlon because he did score goals for us whilst on loan but he is an enormous twat so gets an honourable mention. Even the season after there were plenty of strikers who were than JJ such as Charles Ademeno and Tom Corner.

I'm really not sure what Whitmore did wrong because frankly at times there wasn't much between him and Davis and Davis certainly isn't a bad player. Linwood, Hope and Heywood are our worst centre backs ever (in the 21 years I've been going) by some distance and I think it's incredibly harsh to even say Whitmore was bad. He wasn't brilliant but he wasn't bad either.

Rose also wasn't brilliant but he wasn't the worst ever. I'd take Rose any day over the likes of Michael Leary, Mickey Cummins, Dean Sinclair, Mark Hudson, Andi Thanoj and many other forgettable central midfielders we had between 2008 and 2012.

Dixon was pretty poor admittedly but he wasn't as bad as Lee Ridley and there have been others who were worse such as Jamal Fyfield.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 43
Saudimariner
August 16, 2019, 2:10pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +304
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
My expectations are great.

That's given me the Pip! (little Dickensian joke there - I'll get me coat)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 43
Mariner_09
August 16, 2019, 6:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from mariner91

JJ wasn't quite up to league football but still showed evidence of talent. Just from the squad the season we went down there are seven strikers worse than him: Tommy Wright, Adrian Forbes, Lee Peacock, Wes Fletcher, Chris Jones, Adam Proudlock, Nathan Jarman. I've not included Conlon because he did score goals for us whilst on loan but he is an enormous twat so gets an honourable mention. Even the season after there were plenty of strikers who were than JJ such as Charles Ademeno and Tom Corner.

I'm really not sure what Whitmore did wrong because frankly at times there wasn't much between him and Davis and Davis certainly isn't a bad player. Linwood, Hope and Heywood are our worst centre backs ever (in the 21 years I've been going) by some distance and I think it's incredibly harsh to even say Whitmore was bad. He wasn't brilliant but he wasn't bad either.

Rose also wasn't brilliant but he wasn't the worst ever. I'd take Rose any day over the likes of Michael Leary, Mickey Cummins, Dean Sinclair, Mark Hudson, Andi Thanoj and many other forgettable central midfielders we had between 2008 and 2012.

Dixon was pretty poor admittedly but he wasn't as bad as Lee Ridley and there have been others who were worse such as Jamal Fyfield.

Come to mention it, I’d forgotten some of those players and I have been harsh on some. Dixon is still up there for me.

Private Message
Reply: 35 - 43
Jarmo.Is.God
August 19, 2019, 9:46am

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from mariner91

This post was so close to being perfect...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 43
horsforthmariner
August 19, 2019, 11:05am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,596
Gold Stars: 9
JJ was a decent non league striker - don't you remember Rob Duffy? - i'd take JJ over him any day of the week. Mitch Rose was an ok league 2 midfielder, better than what we had when we were relegated. plus the best penalty taker I've ever seen at club. Woolford, was technically very good but was a year or two to old and Collins was brilliant until the final season, which was just one season too many. I'd take all 4 over any of the dross that got us relegated.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 43
jamesgtfc
August 19, 2019, 1:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from horsforthmariner
JJ was a decent non league striker - don't you remember Rob Duffy? - i'd take JJ over him any day of the week. Mitch Rose was an ok league 2 midfielder, better than what we had when we were relegated. plus the best penalty taker I've ever seen at club. Woolford, was technically very good but was a year or two to old and Collins was brilliant until the final season, which was just one season too many. I'd take all 4 over any of the dross that got us relegated.

Mitch Rose is what he is, a lower League 2 player at best. No coincidence that he's been at the bottom end of League 2 the last 3 seasons with Newport, us and County. Flynn overhauled that squad and don't recall him fighting to keep Rose.

Saw County v Stockport last week and he slipped on the ball in possession on the half way line in the last minute. He was great at Palace but is prone to lapses in concentration at the wrong times. Countless times, he took too many touches on the edge of the box. Can't fault his endeavour, penalty taking or throwing ability though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 43
sonofmadeleymariner
August 19, 2019, 1:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from mariner91

God I still have nightmares of Hopeless and Deadwood, I remember at a Vale away match Hopeless ducking out of the way of a easy header under no pressure as the ball came floating in (not like it was rifled in and would take his head off if he'd headed it) just because he didn't want to head it

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 43
MuddyWaters
August 19, 2019, 3:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
I don't get what the hell Alex Whitmore did to get a mention in there. He had two stinkers (Bury away and Exeter away), other than that, he was a pretty solid L2 centre back.
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 43
TownSNAFU5
August 19, 2019, 6:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,873
Gold Stars: 42
If we looking at expectations so early in the season:

The 4 teams that we have played this season (League and Cup) are all currently in top 7 league positions.  This includes Macclesfield (who we beat) and Donney Rovers (who must be poor as we beat them).  

We could easily have played 4 teams at the bottom of our division.  We are WIP, however, have done well to date.      
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 43
MarinerRob
August 19, 2019, 7:20pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,432
Gold Stars: 107
Quoted Text
This includes Macclesfield (who we beat)

It was Morecambe where I saw Town win. Although I do sometimes mix them up with Macclesfield.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 43
rancido
August 20, 2019, 12:21pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,560
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from MarinerRob

It was Morecambe where I saw Town win. Although I do sometimes mix them up with Macclesfield.

Very easily done as they both begin with the letter M !

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 43
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Expectations

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.