This thread currently has 8,752 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
MarinersOnTheUp
August 15, 2019, 2:09pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +22 / -2
Approval: +484
My expectations stay the same and they will do no matter what happens this season, mid table finish with clear signs of progress and a good go at a cup run. It’s my hopes that'll rise if we continue to perform well.

Rising expectations are a dangerous thing, all that usually comes with that is more chance of everyone completely losing their heads and over reacting if/when we do hit a tough patch because they’ve given themselves a false sense of realistic expectations.  

Hope to exceed expectations, don’t be too disappointed if we’re mid table/top half.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 43
Mariner_09
August 15, 2019, 2:54pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
We’re obviously better than this time last season. The side that kicked off last season was:

Macca, Davis, Whitmore, Collins, Dixon, Welsh, Clifton, Woolford, M Rose, Hooper and Cook

Aside from 3-4 decent players (all of whom are still here) we have miles better players in all positions. I expect us to do a little better this season, maybe 9th-12th or something. If we get a decent run together we may do better.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 43
Jarmo.Is.God
August 15, 2019, 3:43pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from Mariner_09
We’re obviously better than this time last season. The side that kicked off last season was:

Macca, Davis, Whitmore, Collins, Dixon, Welsh, Clifton, Woolford, M Rose, Hooper and Cook

Aside from 3-4 decent players (all of whom are still here) we have miles better players in all positions. I expect us to do a little better this season, maybe 9th-12th or something. If we get a decent run together we may do better.

Collins, Welsh & Woolford all without a club, probably because of the age

Whitmore (Who I liked) Rose & Hooper all non-league

Dixon play's for Falkirk, who are Scottish League 1, which is probably conference north/south level?

So MJ is slowly, but surely turning the worst team for 7-8 Years, into a promising team again.

I'll happily accept another season or 2 at this level and slowly build on
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 43
jamesgtfc
August 15, 2019, 3:54pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,939
Gold Stars: 190
Welsh won't get taken on as he's on a curfew so can't play midweek and I doubt any decent, self respecting club will want to be associated with a granny beater.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 43
Mariner_09
August 15, 2019, 7:49pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

Collins, Welsh & Woolford all without a club, probably because of the age

Whitmore (Who I liked) Rose & Hooper all non-league

Dixon play's for Falkirk, who are Scottish League 1, which is probably conference north/south level?

So MJ is slowly, but surely turning the worst team for 7-8 Years, into a promising team again.

I'll happily accept another season or 2 at this level and slowly build on

It's not surprising we struggled for long periods of last season, there are some of the worst players in living memory in that side. We've got a much better spine now too. Macca, Ludwig, Waterfall, Hess, Whitehouse, Hanson are all good players at this level. Let's not get carried away though, we won't suddenly become world beaters.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 43
Theimperialcoroner
August 15, 2019, 11:05pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -3
Approval: +5,135
Gold Stars: 102
My expectations are great.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 43
marinerdazza
August 15, 2019, 11:08pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,770
Gold Stars: 81
We’ve had the worst of times, and now to the best of times,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 43
The Boys Paddock
August 16, 2019, 12:36am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +0 / -5
Approval: -964
No changes, mid to lower half at best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 43
Mariner93er
August 16, 2019, 7:26am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,720
Gold Stars: 28
Interesting that Waterfall spoke of the play offs a lot in his interview.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 43
Jarmo.Is.God
August 16, 2019, 9:17am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from Mariner_09

It's not surprising we struggled for long periods of last season, there are some of the worst players in living memory in that side. We've got a much better spine now too. Macca, Ludwig, Waterfall, Hess, Whitehouse, Hanson are all good players at this level. Let's not get carried away though, we won't suddenly become world beaters.

I assume 09 on your name is the year you was born?

If you think M.Rose, Hooper, Woolford & Collins are some of the worst players in living memory, you must be very young.

I'm 26 and I've witnessed 10x worse than them 4... them 4 actually put the effort in to be fair to them
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 43
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Expectations

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.